"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Ride over to J&P's on Saturday

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 05:56 AM
HDBRATT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Well we were there till around 1230ish had breakfast and went to saint n sinners ........were we y'all? They were setting up the music when we went by sinners....didn't see anyone out there. Bummed we missed y'all. I did get my Memphis shades spoiler windshield.....rode with it all the way home.....just don't know if I'm sold on it. Since it has that curve in it when I look thru it kinda reminds me of when I would put my dad's glasses on for fun and things were out of tune. We got in over 300 miles yesterday and always a lot of fun riding with Tom. Awesome sauce seeing Boo too . Anyone else have a Memphis curved shield? I just don't know if I can get used to it.

Old 06-05-2016, 06:14 AM
Daytona Fat Boy
Road Warrior
Received 187 Likes on 151 Posts

I was in and out of Daytona H-D from 10 to about 10:30. Didn't eat, but my buddies did. Thought of you guys and realized I didn't know who, or what bike, to look for, lol. I have a Freedom Shield on my RG. Curved with no distortion issues. Not sure how they are with full windshields. Nice day for a ride, as long as you kept moving!

Old 06-05-2016, 06:17 AM
HDBRATT
Outstanding HDF Member

I got the 9 in spoiler ....I will give it a little time on the new shield. And we sat at the cell phone hub table right in there and ate our breakfast.

Old 06-05-2016, 09:13 AM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by HDBRATT
I got the 9 in spoiler ....I will give it a little time on the new shield. And we sat at the cell phone hub table right in there and ate our breakfast.
Have you tried a harley shield? Only reason I ask, is they usually let you try it before
you buy. They used to have them in the maintenance area. The shields were marked "DEMO"
and you could ride and see whether or not you liked them.
I will check my shed. I used to have a 'shorter' shield I took off my Ultra when I had it, but I
think I threw it away. I have a road glide now, so had no use for it. Nobody wanted to give me
anything for it.

Chuck

Old 06-05-2016, 09:19 AM
Norge
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riding to Florida Tuesday

I will be riding my Fatboy from Wisconsin to North Port Fl starting Tuesday. Long trip on a Fatboy but can't wait.

Old 06-05-2016, 09:26 AM
HDBRATT
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by themensh
Have you tried a harley shield? Only reason I ask, is they usually let you try it before
you buy. They used to have them in the maintenance area. The shields were marked "DEMO"
and you could ride and see whether or not you liked them.
I will check my shed. I used to have a 'shorter' shield I took off my Ultra when I had it, but I
think I threw it away. I have a road glide now, so had no use for it. Nobody wanted to give me
anything for it.

Chuck
Yep I have my 5 in shortie and one that Wade gave me too ...I was looking for one with a little height for my trip ....I did check my HD and Crystal HD nadda on both they have no more demo's. The 9in is perfect height...you just feel like your looking thru a pair of glasses...not good.

Old 06-05-2016, 01:40 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts

That sucks Trish, can you return it?

Old 06-05-2016, 01:42 PM
HDBRATT
Outstanding HDF Member

Yeah I think so . They are mailing out my 5in shorty to me in the mail so as soon as that comes I will call them and let them know this is coming back to them. Receipt says I have 120 days .
Might have to get a klocksworth shield.

Old 06-05-2016, 04:17 PM
Hades02
Tourer

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

I didn't see this until today. Wish I had seen it earlier, I would've joined you guys. Next time. I'm in the east side of Orlando, near UCF and Bithlo. Easy for me to get to 95 for a ride like that.

Old 06-09-2016, 08:54 AM
Norge
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Price point

I found that when I talked to my local HD dealer they matched online price and they setup my account to always have a 20% off for loyalty. Plus I still get the 5% rewards back. So when I did my 107" kit they sold me some things at cost to help me out, and I still got the 5%. You don't get s discount if you don't ask. I find if I ask nice and not forcefully it always works at other dealers when I travel. Hog members automatically get 10%.

Quick Reply: Ride over to J&P's on Saturday