"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Insurance Time

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2016, 07:27 PM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,431 Likes on 4,751 Posts

What? PIP? Someone help me here, did I read tha right?

Old 09-26-2016, 05:35 AM
PRrdglide
Road Master
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

With state farm my motorcycle is around 480 a yearfull coverage with uninsured with the stacking from my cars . When I checked other insurance companies . With just the motorcycle. When uninsured motorist was added most quote s were in the 1500 dollar range

Old 09-26-2016, 01:23 PM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 163 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Tampa Fatboy
What? PIP? Someone help me here, did I read tha right?
PIP is personal injury protection. In Florida you purchase it at an additional cost to your liability protection, to protect yourself in case you are injured by an uninsured or underinsured motorist! You basically insure yourself!

Originally Posted by PRrdglide
With state farm my motorcycle is around 480 a yearfull coverage with uninsured with the stacking from my cars. When I checked other insurance companies, with just the motorcycle, when uninsured motorist was added most quotes were in the 1500 dollar range.
Yeah, that sounds about right. The cost to stack my cars would be almost an additional $1300.00 a year. That's WAY more than the additional cost of about $600 a year for the PIP coverage on the bike (stand alone). The insurance companies have it all figured out so that they can get the most out of you!!

Old 09-29-2016, 08:03 AM
ISP-FLHTK
Road Captain
Received 114 Likes on 84 Posts

So if you have excellent health insurance coverage and on Medicare, then PIP is a waste of money? I thought I understood what PIP coverage was but now I am more confused than ever.

Old 09-29-2016, 09:28 AM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 163 Likes on 112 Posts
Default Purchasing of PIP, in Florida

Originally Posted by ISP-FLHTK
So if you have excellent health insurance coverage and on Medicare, then PIP is a waste of money? I thought I understood what PIP coverage was but now I am more confused than ever.
I have excellent health insurance coverage and I opted to purchase personal injury protection for myself on my bike here in Florida. Assuming that I and/or my passenger is injured by someone else WHO IS UNDER OR NOT INSURED, I would have legal recourse to collect monies in a legal suit! While PIP could pay for medical expenses (not necessary if paid by private health insurance or Medicare) it would also allow for collection of payment for pain and suffering. BTW - ALSO - for your information - ANY monies collected directly for medical expenses would be payable back to my private medical insurance company, Medicare I don't know. Read your health insurance companies contract!

Purchasing of PIP, in Florida, would also allow for recuperation of losses due to pain and suffering. This is the only thing a lawyer worth his services would be interested in! He would be interested in getting me (and himself) as much money THAT I COULD KEEP, TAX FREE that my health insurance company wouldn't have any recourse to! This is what I referred to as being able to maintain a lifestyle.

If you are based in Florida and have a Florida motor vehicle policy, you should be talking to your agent or reading up on what it is you are purchasing with your insurance. In regard to motorcycles, I can't imagine any lawyer would want to represent you if you were to be injured by someone without any means to pay a judgement. The first thing a lawyer will look at when you approach him after an accident would be to look at an actual printed copy of your motorcycle policy to make sure you purchased PIP! Most won't waste their or your time without it!