"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Smokey Hollow

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 02:09 PM
Hammerhead Pat
Stellar HDF Member
Received 892 Likes on 534 Posts

Originally Posted by BuzzCap7
If u r going to ride to Sleepy Hollow, you may want to also checkout Neon Leon directly west in Homosassa <sp> which is a FANTASTIC place to go to (outside atmosphere) and inside for it has "atmosphere" and the food is TOPS.

Nearby by a road (I thought it was Ozello) that is VERY twisty and lieterall at the end drops INTO the gulf. YES! You can ride right into the gulf if u r not watching and especially at night. LOL!

BuzzCap7
Keep driving past Neon Leons and go to "The Freezer", best steamed shrimp I've ever had!!!!! FYI it's a cash only place....

Old 10-10-2016, 02:19 PM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,431 Likes on 4,751 Posts

Yes, Sleepy Hollow back in the zone.
MJR, are we talking Charlie, Charlie? I liked that guy, didn't see many from my area at the funeral. Plenty of family tho.
EDIT: @ MJR...different Charlies, my bad.

Last edited by Tampa Fatboy; 10-10-2016 at 03:06 PM.
Old 10-10-2016, 02:42 PM
Rhettm
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I've been to Cedar Key three times. The first time was pretty active. The latter two times, the place was totally dead. Not a single person walking down the sidewalk, and most stores closed. Don't know if I'd go back again.
I was raised there. Graduated high school there. Me and 3 other people in the class of '80. I left and only go back to check on some property I still own there. It's very sad as it has gone steadily down hill over the years. The Seafood and Art Festivals are still pretty good, but other than that not much there.

I second Ozello Road being a great ride. Fat Boys in Crystal River has great BBQ.

Old 10-10-2016, 02:58 PM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Prime Rib
I've been to Cedar Key three times. The first time was pretty active. The latter two times, the place was totally dead. Not a single person walking down the sidewalk, and most stores closed. Don't know if I'd go back again.

I've rode the Ozello Trail a good amount of times. It's fun. I've also eaten at Peck's a hand full of times. The food isn't the greatest in my opinion, but the view is beautiful.

I usually go to High Octane Saloon on Sundays: http://www.highoctanesaloon.com/
They have a good turn out of bikes and bands. I'll be heading back to Citrus the end of next month. Looking forward to some warm riding. It doesn't get warmer than the low 60's in Ohio from here on out.
Octane helluva place, Doug and and his dad do right by it. I head up that way every once in a whiles.

Old 10-10-2016, 02:59 PM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Hammerhead Pat
Keep driving past Neon Leons and go to "The Freezer", best steamed shrimp I've ever had!!!!! FYI it's a cash only place....
Freezer is a must, everyone ends up there for the shrimp. Munchieville!

Old 10-10-2016, 04:25 PM
Nokkon Wud
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,497 Likes on 809 Posts

Originally Posted by Harley1016
What kind of shape is Cedar Key in since they got nailed by that storm a little while back?
Hermaine. You could see where it did some damage. Still debris laying around.

Old 10-10-2016, 04:46 PM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Now I have to add to this thread, Smokey Hollow is an appropiate handle. I have run across some decent herb up there over the years. lmfao
I know this prob won't sit well with a few of you but it is what it is. I remember 3 tokes once and I refused to get on the scoot for at least three hours > too funny. My buds taking advantage of me for a laugh. I will say they hung out until my mind came back.

Old 10-10-2016, 05:23 PM
Prime Rib
Elite HDF Member
Received 202 Likes on 139 Posts

Another good place to strap on the feed bag is Cody's Roadhouse in Crystal River: http://codysoriginalroadhouse.com/index.html

It's a cool place to hang out. They are well known for their Happy Hour, which lasts from 11am-7pm everyday. Buy one get one free on mixed drinks, and draft beer.
They have all kinds of steaks, ribs, bbq chicken, etc. If you eat at the bar (and are frugal) they have a hell of a deal: bar burgers, fish sandwiches, chicken sandwiches, with fries for around $3.00
All you can eat shelled peanuts. Throw the shells on the floor.

Old 10-11-2016, 06:51 AM
Nokkon Wud
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,497 Likes on 809 Posts

Originally Posted by Tampa Fatboy
Now I have to add to this thread, Smokey Hollow is an appropiate handle. I have run across some decent herb up there over the years. lmfao
I know this prob won't sit well with a few of you but it is what it is. I remember 3 tokes once and I refused to get on the scoot for at least three hours > too funny. My buds taking advantage of me for a laugh. I will say they hung out until my mind came back.
We may have met the same guy....

Old 10-11-2016, 09:05 AM
cbrenthus
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,574 Likes on 662 Posts

Originally Posted by Prime Rib
Another good place to strap on the feed bag is Cody's Roadhouse in Crystal River: http://codysoriginalroadhouse.com/index.html

It's a cool place to hang out. They are well known for their Happy Hour, which lasts from 11am-7pm everyday. Buy one get one free on mixed drinks, and draft beer.
They have all kinds of steaks, ribs, bbq chicken, etc. If you eat at the bar (and are frugal) they have a hell of a deal: bar burgers, fish sandwiches, chicken sandwiches, with fries for around $3.00
All you can eat shelled peanuts. Throw the shells on the floor.
I love some Cody's bar burgers! their whole bar menu just rocks. And while I'll have to try some of the places in this thread, I'll throw out that the OL and I went to Tarpon Springs on sunday and got the peel and eat shrimp at rusty bellies - they were the best shrimp I've ever had!

Quick Reply: Smokey Hollow