"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Smokey Hollow

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 11:39 AM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,340 Likes on 10,703 Posts

Originally Posted by Prime Rib

I've rode the Ozello Trail a good amount of times. It's fun. I've also eaten at Peck's a hand full of times. The food isn't the greatest in my opinion, but the view is beautiful.
My friend, I am trying to find the road over there that literally goes right INTO the gulf. If u do NOT STOP, you will ride INTO the Gulf.

The road is also VERY twisty. And I think it is in Crystal River.

I thought it was Ozello Trail but google does not show it literally going into the water without any barrier stopping you.

Do u know which one I am talking about?

BuzzCap7

Last edited by BuzzCap7; 10-11-2016 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Misspelling.
Old 10-11-2016, 02:15 PM
Rhettm
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Look at SR44W. It's at the south end of Crystal River and passes by the Plantation Resort then straight out into the gulf. It isn't particularly twisty like Ozello Road is, but it dead ends into a beach.

Old 10-11-2016, 04:09 PM
Tom T-Bird
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Buzzcap

The Ozello Trail does end right at a boat ramp. If you kept going you would ride right into the gulf.

Old 10-11-2016, 05:15 PM
BuzzCap7

Originally Posted by Rhettm
Look at SR44W. It's at the south end of Crystal River and passes by the Plantation Resort then straight out into the gulf. It isn't particularly twisty like Ozello Road is, but it dead ends into a beach.
Originally Posted by Tom T-Bird
Buzzcap

The Ozello Trail does end right at a boat ramp. If you kept going you would ride right into the gulf.
You guys are brilliant!!! THAT IS IT!!!!!!

For the life of me, I just do not, not, not remember the rotary just b4 it.

This is one of the GREAT things about the internet. Guys like YOU really help guys like me out.

THANK YOU!!!!

BuzzCap7

Old 10-11-2016, 07:26 PM
Prime Rib
Elite HDF Member
Received 202 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhettm
The Plantation has a really good Sunday Brunch. Rode there to partake around a dozen times.

Old 10-13-2016, 08:47 AM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,004 Likes on 2,817 Posts

Swell place that Sleepy Hollow. If I remember right the last time I was there they found somebody shot dead in the parking lot that day!

Old 10-13-2016, 08:51 AM
Harley1016
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Hey Man
Swell place that Sleepy Hollow. If I remember right the last time I was there they found somebody shot dead in the parking lot that day!
In the defense of Sleepy Hollow. That person was shot and killed someplace else.

The following users liked this post:
Nokkon Wud (10-14-2016)
Old 10-14-2016, 04:31 PM
sofadog
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rode by Neon Leon last Saturday and it is no more. Under new Mngt. And new name.

Originally Posted by BuzzCap7
If u r going to ride to Sleepy Hollow, you may want to also checkout Neon Leon directly west in Homosassa <sp> which is a FANTASTIC place to go to (outside atmosphere) and inside for it has "atmosphere" and the food is TOPS.

Nearby by a road (I thought it was Ozello) that is VERY twisty and lieterall at the end drops INTO the gulf. YES! You can ride right into the gulf if u r not watching and especially at night. LOL!

BuzzCap7

Old 10-14-2016, 04:53 PM
Prime Rib
Elite HDF Member
Received 202 Likes on 139 Posts

I ate at Neon Leon's once. I wasn't impressed. The steaks were cheap quality, and I could tell they were previously swimming in liquid tenderizer. My Dad and I were sitting at our table, talking amongst ourselves about a trip when we were on a Caribbean Island during a rain storm and how the trash washed out of the hills and down the streets of the town. The Hostess walked by our table with a serious face and asked if we were talking about her. We both had a "HUH" face. We said "No". She walked off in a pissed manner. The waitress only came back once (after dropping off our food), with the bill. Never saw her again. We had to hunt down the same Hostess to pay our bill. She scowled at us the whole time. Never went back. Not surprised they closed down.

Old 10-14-2016, 10:56 PM
BuzzCap7

Originally Posted by sofadog
Rode by Neon Leon last Saturday and it is no more. Under new Mngt. And new name.
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo .

What are you doing sofadog? Take that back. Grrrrrrr............

I so liked that place. Was going to go over there with a group of guys.

DRAT!!!! Thank you for letting me know. If u go there with the NEW management, pls let me how how it is.

It seems to be called Neon Leon Zydeco Steakhouse now. ???

2.7 rating with 50 reviews. Not so good. Hmmmmmm.

Originally Posted by Prime Rib
I ate at Neon Leon's once. I wasn't impressed. The steaks were cheap quality, and I could tell they were previously swimming in liquid tenderizer. My Dad and I were sitting at our table, talking amongst ourselves about a trip when we were on a Caribbean Island during a rain storm and how the trash washed out of the hills and down the streets of the town. The Hostess walked by our table with a serious face and asked if we were talking about her. We both had a "HUH" face. We said "No". She walked off in a pissed manner. The waitress only came back once (after dropping off our food), with the bill. Never saw her again. We had to hunt down the same Hostess to pay our bill. She scowled at us the whole time. Never went back. Not surprised they closed down.
Not my experience at all. Or I don't remember poor waitress service.

So sad. Humpfrh!

Your too Prime Rib, if u try this new management there pls let me know. "New" does not always mean better.

I am going to go in the corner and sulk now..........

BuzzCap7