"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Daytona......Bike Week & Biketoberfest: Tired of it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2016, 08:05 AM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,339 Likes on 10,703 Posts
Default Daytona......Bike Week & Biketoberfest: Tired of it?

Here is an idea for you my friends.........if you have "Been there, done that." so many times with Daytona that it is getting to be "same-same", here is an idea that I have done for several years now..........

Living in S. Palm Beach County, I just ride I-95 north past Daytona to Holly Hill. Then go east to Federal, then slowly ride down Federal Hwy. all the way to Cocoa Beach or further south. Then hop back onto I-95 and head home.

Why?

1) I get a nice day's ride in.
2) It is a GOOD feeling to be around a bunch of other bikers.
3) I can stop at whatever vendor to get whatever if I want/need to.
4) The ride itself south of Daytona is really a NICE ride on Federal.
5) It satisfies my going to a big biker event even though I no longer stay for 3-4 days.

The above is just a thought. Works for me.

BuzzCap7

Old 10-13-2016, 08:15 AM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,431 Likes on 4,751 Posts

Burn't out on Daytona back in '91-92', haven't been back since. It was a different time, a lot of conflict, wars.
Finally get back this year, brothers insisted upon it...heheh. Pulling out within the hour and headed towards the clubhouse and onto Daytona.
Everyone have a good weekend, and like my wife said, 'try to stay out of the chit'. lmfao

Old 10-13-2016, 10:05 AM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,063 Likes on 2,501 Posts

I still go but Bike Week lost it's luster for me years ago. The thing that draws me back every year is the ride down to the keys, then back up to Daytona. I use Bike Week as motivation to ride back to Ohio in the winter. It knocks the luster off an otherwise stellar road trip

Old 10-13-2016, 04:11 PM
davidw221
Supporter
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey, I'm on vacation on the gulf side, was going to drive the family trickster up to Daytona tomorrow with my 16year old daughter, is it advisable? Is there a place for the trickster to park? Where is it located, will all the vendors be there, will there be nice bikes to look at? I know the weather will be great, we"re looking to head up around 8 am, what time do things get going for Friday? Thanks in advance for the reply.

Old 10-13-2016, 07:30 PM
Kozmo
Road Master

Received 332 Likes on 201 Posts

You should be good. Main Street in Daytona. Could also go to destination Daytona. Destination Daytona is right off 95, cant miss it.

Old 10-13-2016, 07:41 PM
Papa G
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 312 Likes on 302 Posts

Not sure what a trickster is so can't tell where to park. Vendors will be at DIS on 92 near I95, destination daytona at us 1 and 95, and on Beach St in Daytona Beach. There is always a wide assortment of bikes so everyone should be able to see some they think are nice. It will be going by the time you get here if you are leaving west coast at 8am. I live here and we are just getting over the storm so several motels/hotels will not be open but the show will go on! And as always It is what YOU make it! Safe riding to all!

Old 10-14-2016, 09:09 AM
scottbob99
Tourer
Received 83 Likes on 54 Posts

I plan on going tomorrow (Saturday). If the wife goes we may not take the bike . I plan to check out the vendors at the Speedway, Destination Daytona and probably main street for some food and drink.

Old 10-14-2016, 10:26 AM
Papa G
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 312 Likes on 302 Posts

Be safe, have fun!

Old 10-14-2016, 04:47 PM
Daytona Fat Boy
Road Warrior
Received 187 Likes on 151 Posts

Just got back from the Speedway. Place was maybe 1/3 full. Good weekend to shop for a deal. No one should have to pay full price for anything, except beers, which were $8. Skipped Main St which is always the same. Ormond Strip had traffic backed up from Iron Horse to The Beaver Bar (still $2 beers), which is way short of past events. I avoid Destination Daytona because I don't like the place at all. Scary Mary's in Bunnell looked like a normal weekend. On the plus side, The White Eagle was busier than usual, getting around wasn't too bad, and like I said, there are deals to be had.

Old 10-14-2016, 10:58 PM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,339 Likes on 10,703 Posts

Originally Posted by Daytona Fat Boy
Just got back from the Speedway. Place was maybe 1/3 full. Good weekend to shop for a deal. No one should have to pay full price for anything, except beers, which were $8. Skipped Main St which is always the same. Ormond Strip had traffic backed up from Iron Horse to The Beaver Bar (still $2 beers), which is way short of past events. I avoid Destination Daytona because I don't like the place at all. Scary Mary's in Bunnell looked like a normal weekend. On the plus side, The White Eagle was busier than usual, getting around wasn't too bad, and like I said, there are deals to be had.
G'day mate. $2 beer? Was that a typo? Very small mugs? Seems to cheap for them to stay open. ??

BuzzCap7

Quick Reply: Daytona......Bike Week & Biketoberfest: Tired of it?