"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Bad news

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 02:33 PM
Tom T-Bird
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Bad news

Well it is a dark day here at the O’Neal house. Without going into a lot of useless, and very personal, details I have been forced to sell my motorcycle. This feels like I have to amputate a limb. So along this line I have already gone to the local Harley Davidson dealer and they have offered to buy it for the payoff of $10,000.00 dollars. I am taking the weekend to consider what few options I might have, but this one seems the best because it will be as fast and painless as possible. If anyone out there has a better idea or is interested in a 2016 Harley Davidson Police Electra Glide let me know. I will give anyone interested all the pertinent details, keeping in mind I still owe money on the bike so I currently do not have the title.

I will miss all of you guys and gals. This is really going to hurt. Maybe some day I can get another bike, who knows.

Tom

Old 03-24-2017, 02:48 PM
T D
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Cool

This totally sucks Tom, I can imagine how you're feeling. I know how bad I was when I got banned/disqualified!
Is there no option to get a Sportie maybe?
Probably not as I'm sure that you've already thought of that option.
I'm sure that you'll be back on two wheels before you know, AND, just because you may be without, why would you stop coming here? There would be plenty of support for you , I'm sure, and somebody might have something lurking in the back of their garage.
Don't be a stranger bruv!!
Regards,

TD

Old 03-24-2017, 02:50 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts

Tom so sorry to hear your sad news. You'll be missed so please check in from time to time. Hope it's not too long till you get another bike.

Old 03-24-2017, 04:46 PM
56flu
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry to here Tom, hope things get better for you. David

Old 03-24-2017, 06:39 PM
Papa G
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 312 Likes on 302 Posts

Sorry to hear hoping things get better for you, check in from time to time and share your wisdom!

Old 03-24-2017, 09:23 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Very sorry to hear the bad news Tom. Knowing how much you love motorcycling I am confident that you will be back in the saddle. Just a temporary setback. You have a lot of friends here so please don't be a stranger.

Old 03-24-2017, 09:59 PM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,331 Likes on 10,702 Posts

Ouch! That really sucks.

What is your outstanding balance?

Have you thought about starting a GoFundMe account in hopes you will be able to collect enough to pay off the balance? <-- It does not seem like something people would give money for because it is not a bleeding heart thing. But either way….

What do you think?

BuzzCap7

Old 03-25-2017, 06:21 AM
Tom T-Bird
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey everyone

I appreciate the support and kind words. In hind sight I see how I got where I am, but I sure did not see it coming. However it is not the end of the world, just feels like it right now. It is truly only a setback from which I will recover in time. I will still peruse the forum from time to time and chip in a comment here and there. I am sure at some point I will get another bike, just not sure now when and what that will be. Until then ride safe and keep the shiny side up.

Tom

Old 03-25-2017, 07:08 AM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 237 Posts

Tom, before selling to the dealer for $10K, I would try a week or 2 on Craigslist for a quick sale. I would think a 2016 FL will bring more then $10K on a quick sale. Good luck with your situation.

Old 03-25-2017, 08:50 AM
ISP-FLHTK
Road Captain
Received 114 Likes on 84 Posts

I feel your pain Tom. Having raised 6 kids on a cops salary I was on and off several bikes over the years. When things got a little tight it was always the first thing to go for me. Don't know what your situation is but life goes on and you will be back on a ride before you know it.

Quick Reply: Bad news