"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Ride to CEdar Key

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 09:16 AM
sailnjay
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ride to CEdar Key

It's on the Calendar 5/30/09

Last weekend at the CLC (that’s Central Left Coast) cookout we briefly discussed making a ride to Cedar Key. For anyone not familiar with Cedar Key it is not one of “The FL Keys” down south. Cedar Key is a small fishing village about 50 miles southwest of Gainesville, 3 hours north of Tampa, and 3 hours west of Jacksonville. It’s a quaint little place where there is not much going on. There are a few little shops and a couple of good restaurants.
Just for reference, according to Google maps it’s about 70 miles from Ocala, 150 miles from my house (just West of Orlando), 160 miles from J-ville, 190 or so miles from Sarasota, 250 miles form Okeechobee, 300 miles from West Palm Beach, almost 400 miles from Miami and only 125 miles from the thriving metropolis of Odessa, Fl (the location of the CLC cookout where all this talk started).
There is a Hardee’s on US19 just North of SR50 where I thought everyone coming from the South could meet, from there it’s about 85 miles to Cedar Key, roughly a two hour ride. As I recall US19 is pretty empty once you get to that area.
So my question is does this sound like a good day trip for everyone? If so does Saturday or Sunday work best and what dates work for everyone? Is anyone up for making it an overnighter? There are several places to stay pretty reasonably priced. Soooo What do ya’ll think?

Last edited by sailnjay; 03-31-2009 at 10:17 AM. Reason: UPDATED
Old 03-27-2009, 09:35 AM
BlueDragon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

You are correct in your memory of that area of US19~ Once a little ways past 50 it's wide open road for a while~

I would be all over this ride.. just depends on the date set and my 'on-call' rotation~ These next few weeks are gonna be tough~ Got a whole lot of Aries' in my family... not to mention the parental's anniversary on the 1st of all days! Starting today... we have a b'day every weekend, for the next 4 weeks, in our family~ Then gotta get set for the FL/GA meet the first week in May~ This Spring is just loaded!! I'll definitly monitor this thread.. and let you know as it gets closer to being set in stone~

Old 03-27-2009, 09:38 AM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

Sounds like fun to me. With my work schedule it is hard to commit to anything until the last minute. I would try to make a ride there though. Probably just for the day.

Old 03-27-2009, 09:51 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 214 Posts

Definitely in for Cedar Key .. as long as the date does not conflict with other plans can't get of ... And I mean no way can get out of, the other thing that comes above Florida Crew Get togethers is Family or other commitments am obligated to as an officer of a few charity groups.... Been to Cedar Key Many times my only favorite above it is ppalachicola in the Panhandle although Steinhatchee , just north of cedar Key is pretty nice as well.. and not near as crowded... I kind of like the idea of Sunday Myself .. But am with the flow of the majority reason say Sunday is a lot of times get caught in Charity Runs on Saturday... but all options open to me... Just decide when to do it ... I am pretty well booked up until see some of you guys Leesburg weekend ... Remodeling the House right now, Charity run this weekend and having to go to GA the following weekend... Just let me know when ..

Last edited by JayStronghawk; 03-27-2009 at 10:01 AM.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:16 AM
Screamin' Ego
Cruiser

Originally Posted by BlueDragon
You are correct in your memory of that area of US19~ Once a little ways past 50 it's wide open road for a while~

I would be all over this ride.. just depends on the date set and my 'on-call' rotation~ These next few weeks are gonna be tough~ Got a whole lot of Aries' in my family... not to mention the parental's anniversary on the 1st of all days! Starting today... we have a b'day every weekend, for the next 4 weeks, in our family~ Then gotta get set for the FL/GA meet the first week in May~ This Spring is just loaded!! I'll definitly monitor this thread.. and let you know as it gets closer to being set in stone~
What he said

Old 03-27-2009, 10:17 AM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Get a date and If we can we are there, daytrip or overnight would be fine.

Old 03-27-2009, 10:28 AM
Screamin' Ego
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Just Dave
Get a date and If we can we are there, daytrip or overnight would be fine.
That kid just likes to ride!! Wanna see something funny. Watch this.

Hey Dave! LET"S RIDE!!

Old 03-27-2009, 04:14 PM
Sefferdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I work Saturdays but would love to ride with some of you guys if it is a Sunday!!!!!

Old 03-27-2009, 04:19 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

you said dave so yeah LETS RIDE.

have to check out the dates.

Old 03-27-2009, 04:40 PM
HDBRATT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

I want to join in on this one. I have gone up to a place called Marguritaville that was really cool...good food and great drinks. Our trip that day was supposed to be up to Ceder Key but we never made it . So as long as it is on a weekend I am not going up to Pensacola I am for sure in!!

Quick Reply: Ride to CEdar Key