"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

3rd Annual Florida Rally

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 10:04 AM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
Default 3rd Annual Florida Rally

UPDATE: This years rally will be on November 13-15

I know this is a little early, but I thought we could get some ideas down on paper. I'm going to steal cHarley's idea from last year. I will keep an ongoing list of ideas in the OP so they will be a little better organized. Also, I want to divide up some of the responsibilities to a core group to help with the rally. If you are interested and are able to help, please send me an email or pm. I have already been contacted by Allison from the hotel. She is ready to begin planning. Please post your ideas. Remember, nothing too big, just a little better.

Murph
Grand Poobah

Suggestions

1 - BBQ on Saturday night with award ceremony. suggested by Just Dave
2 - Bank account or paypal account to send money
3 - Riding group list (See post #15)
4 - Keep the slow race (flslowryder)

Reservation Count

Rooms Reserved = 26 Total People = 40

This will be updated on a regular basis. Please check back later.

UPDATE - 7-6-2009

Here is the link for hotel reservations. When you click on the link the reservations section is along the left side of the page. Enter in your check-in date and check-out date. In the "PROMATION CODE" section, enter in "LKHF". When you click "search", it should come up with a selection list for rooms. They should have "Harley Forum Rates" in the banner. The rates have been extended to Thursday and Sunday. Follow the reservation instructions. The last page with give you your reservation number. Here is the link.

Days Inn - Silver Springs

UPDATE 7-22-2009

Here is the link to donate to the rally. Please only donate what you can afford. Remember the donations are for catering, beer, trophies, patches, hats, etc. In the "TO" section, please enter in, "email1of2@gmail.com". Dale (1of2) is in charge of the account.

Click here ---->Florida Rally Paypal Account

Link for patches ---->Florida Rally Patches

Link for hats ------>Florida Rally Hats

Last edited by murph; 10-28-2009 at 02:16 PM. Reason: updates
Old 04-05-2009, 10:17 AM
sailnjay
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi GP. Do we have a date yet? I would think that would be the first order of business. Biketoberfest in Daytona id 10/15 - 10/18. I wouldn't think that we would want to go with that weekend.

Anything we can do to help let us know.

Old 04-05-2009, 10:44 AM
redman53
Elite HDF Member

GMTA Murph....cHarley and I were talking about this yesterday....I'm in favor of having it around the same time as year ,that date didn't seem to conflict with anything else..except the Chilli Challenge, and thats a day ride from Ocalalala.....anything I can do to help out just let me know....

Old 04-05-2009, 10:54 AM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 299 Likes on 228 Posts

I think last year's dates, the 7th-9th of Nov. worked out well for the majority of the members. After all the October MC events, and before the holiday season starting with Thanksgiving. The one conflict was that Roscoe's Chili Challenge was the same weekend and it is scheduled again this year for Nov. 6th-8th. Maybe we should consider doing Ocala 2009 the weekend of Nov. 13th-15th to avoid the conflict so people can do both events.

Old 04-05-2009, 10:57 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

I am in, cant wait. Is it time yet?

Old 04-05-2009, 02:39 PM
sleepman54
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My vote would go for November dates again as well. That seemed to work out really well. As for being in charge of things we'll I'll be in charge of bringing Passoutman54.

Old 04-05-2009, 07:04 PM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Set a date and Slowryder and I will be there and will be more than happy to help with any logistics if we are needed. I still think we should cater some BarBQue at the motel on Sat night and all eat together there and all the awards and photos could be done at that time. Can not wait. Ya'll need to watch out this year because Slowryder has been practicing and is a shoe in for Slowrace Champion again this year!

Old 04-05-2009, 08:30 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Okay, there are some possible dates on board. Nov. 6-8 or Nove. 13-14. I will start a separate post to vote on those dates. I also have a nomination for BBQ on Sat. night with the awards. Did everyone like the slow race or not? I will edit the OP.

Murph GP

Old 04-05-2009, 10:46 PM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

This is a good idea getting this out early so we can iron everything out well in advance. One thing I would really like to see this year is a list of possible group rides and a printed map with them clearly outlined. A lot of people last year had no clue where they were going so they just followed someone else.

Another idea is to bring much more money for poker. I could really use the extra cash being so close to Christmas and all.

Not sure how everyone else will feel about this but I wouldn't mind having an account or something that we can contribute to in advance to cover expenses (BBQ, beer, hookers, etc). Some people ponied up big time out of their pocket to make it work so well last year. It didn't feel right that someone bought the keg, then when it ran out someone else ran to the store to get more on his own dime. If there was a paypal account or an address to send it to I would pitch in now. besides if we did it this way we would probably have a lot more money to make it a better party. That doesn't mean everyone has to contribute to come. Just if you have it, send it, if not, then don't worry about it.

Old 04-06-2009, 05:02 AM
flslowryder
Road Captain

I really liked the slow race.. I thought it was an awesome idea..

Quick Reply: 3rd Annual Florida Rally