"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Wanting to start a MC

Old 09-02-2010, 08:36 PM
Fats71
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanting to start a MC

Ok, so I have been kicking this around for a few years now and seems this is the time.
I am wanting to start a Christian MC.

I had some questions maybe some people can help me with.

1. Where will the Club be based? Palm Coast Florida

2. What is the Dominant 1% Club in your area? I have no idea need help with this one.

3. Is there a COC or some type of "Motorcycle Rights" association in your area? I have no idea once again.

4. Are there other non-1% clubs in your area? This is not a 1% club but again a Christian MC.

5. What kind of an MC do you want to start?
3 Patch top patch my personal concept of three crosses and someone kneeling down praying and a bottom rocker.

Is this something I will be able to do not to offend 1%'ers in any area ?
Again this is not a 1% MC just a group of Christian riders who like to go to ralleys like the CM do fellowship and ride together and show our colors to the world so that we may lead others to Christ.

Any help would be appreciated thanks in advance.

Old 09-02-2010, 08:44 PM
redman53
Elite HDF Member

Outlaws are the dominant club in Florida...you better talk to them before you start sporting a 3 piece patch...there are plenty of non 1%er clubs, but you still need to make nice with the Outlaws...just so they don't get the wrong idea about your intentions....I believe that is the proper protocol...

Last edited by redman53; 09-02-2010 at 08:47 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:48 PM
RJ1340
3rd Gear

Before you start your own, check out www.warriorswatch.com
Instant friends, instant purpose, plenty of riding

Old 09-02-2010, 09:06 PM
Artlee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A real smart guy on this forum has posted up this site many times. It's very educational
http://www.rcvsmc.net/

Old 09-02-2010, 09:39 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

As mentioned before, you better get with the local 1% club in your area. They don't take kindly to other clubs sporting three piece patches. They want to be the only one with the "Florida" rocker. Also, 1% clubs have a tendency to show their disapproval aggressively.

I wanted to start a MC myself a while back, but reconsidered once i realized how many rules were involved. You are more than welcome to ride with the Florida Crew. Our motto, "No Rules, Just Ride".

Old 09-03-2010, 04:18 AM
Fats71
6th Gear

I appreciate the help.
Does anyone know who to speak too ? I see they have a Daytona Beach chapter but I am unsure where it is a number etc. I want to go to them with respect etc but am unsure of the protocol.

The website about starting a MC is very helpful and I have read it prior and grazed over it once again.

My questions actually came from it.

I dont want names and addresses or personal phone numbers. I am just trying to find out if their is a club number or something.

Last edited by Fats71; 09-03-2010 at 04:20 AM.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:33 AM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Fats71; uhm.... what's going on? I guess your intentions are good, but I'd wait for your garage to overflow with folks who like you so that you will actually have members to be in your MC.

There are numerous established clubs out there, look into starting a new chapter for one of them. There may already be representation in Palm Coast area for a club you can join.

Your two posts on this thread are your first two on this forum. Not much of an introduction from you.

What motorcycle do you ride? How long in Palm Coast? Are we talking to a 14yr old who got a new screen name and password?

I'm just saying.......

Old 09-03-2010, 06:40 AM
redman53
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by PoorBoy
Fats71; uhm.... what's going on? I guess your intentions are good, but I'd wait for your garage to overflow with folks who like you so that you will actually have members to be in your MC.

There are numerous established clubs out there, look into starting a new chapter for one of them. There may already be representation in Palm Coast area for a club you can join.

Your two posts on this thread are your first two on this forum. Not much of an introduction from you.

What motorcycle do you ride? How long in Palm Coast? Are we talking to a 14yr old who got a new screen name and password?

I'm just saying.......
Good points Paul

Old 09-03-2010, 06:52 AM
nettertech
Novice

You need to start with the South Florida COC. They have a website with a contact link. You also need to contact both the West Florida COC, and the North Florida COC the same way. They will put you in contact with the person you need. You will be asked to attend at least 3 meetings if they even consider you. Right now though, the word in Florida is no more 3 piece clubs, groups, or organizations. Word is there are to many that buy their patch instead of earning it already. There are a few Christian clubs and groups already out there, so you should be able to find one that fills your needs.

Old 09-03-2010, 07:22 AM
Fats71
6th Gear

Originally Posted by PoorBoy

I'm just saying.......
Sorry about the intro.
I do not know what kind of intro your looking for however. My oldest daughter would be 31 this year so im a ways from 14.
I have support from folks in my area and outside my area as well as far as starting up a Christian club.
I ride a flhtpi 02 and a 81 shovel head lowrider. The lowrider was recently stolen and was my pride and joy and if not recovered will have another one someday hopefully soon wife permuting of course lol she hated the narrow seat and loves the back rest of the flhtpi.

I appreciate the info on the COC.

Like I said about starting a Christian MC it has been on my heart for years and the closest one I have seen to what was on my heart is SONS OF GOD which I just started looking into and do not have much info on atm.

I was given a name and a mission statement in a dream years ago and believe it to be from a power much greater than I and it constantly comes up so joining another MC is on the table but it is something I have been praying about for a long long time.

Sorry for rambling. I dunno if I answered the questions about me well enough but at this time of the morning my brain is like scrambled eggs.

Thanks again for the help fella's

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wanting to start a MC