"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Octane additve

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 01:43 PM
BlueDragon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Thundermug
Dood. I am drinking straight from the bottle and I understand how it changed...just sayin'.....
I guess you missed it because this thread died 6 months ago...but then you resurrected it.

Have you ever watched any horror movies? Didja ever notice that everything was fine until someone came along and.....

Here is how it happened...

Someone posted something, and someone else posted something else. Then another person posted something in reference to the OP, and someone else posted a reply. Then, someone else posted a response to that agreeing, and another person replied to it dissagreeing. Then someone else chimed in with an anecdote, where a totally difrent person said it wasn't true, and three more people said it was true. Then two people said Huh-uh.....and two people said Uh-uh...then someone said alcohol, and I started drinking....
Even with a hang over.. that's some funny chit right there!

The following users liked this post:
Thundermug (10-08-2016)
Old 07-09-2012, 02:04 PM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 93 Likes on 80 Posts

tried some lucas octane boost last week and seemed to improve performance,so gave it a double gulp and a half on my last tank of gas and noticed significant improvement.ran cooler,stronger,smoother,and under load at 65 to 75 no pinging,pulled strong.tank seems to be lasting longer too but never really worry bout that.

so from the butt-o-meter gauge--->octane GOOD

Old 07-09-2012, 02:50 PM
Big Gator
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Try a triple gulp. Dang, you won't be able to hold on. It will be like jet fuel or something.

Old 07-11-2012, 04:15 PM
Thundermug
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by voodoodrug
tried some lucas octane boost last week and seemed to improve performance,so gave it a double gulp and a half on my last tank of gas and noticed significant improvement.ran cooler,stronger,smoother,and under load at 65 to 75 no pinging,pulled strong.tank seems to be lasting longer too but never really worry bout that.

so from the butt-o-meter gauge--->octane GOOD
Dood,
I got some great mountain top property at the beach for sale....You can see for miles! If you want a flat ocean, look in one direction...if you want 5' waves for surfing...look 90Degrees to your left...if you want......LOL!!

Seriously... What octane gas do you buy? If you say 87...I say you need an additive. If you say 93...I say you need a mechanic...

I gotta research the price of octane boost and 87 octane, V. 93 octane alone....

Old 07-11-2012, 05:07 PM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 299 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by Thundermug
Dood,
Seriously... What octane gas do you buy? If you say 87...I say you need an additive. If you say 93...I say you need a mechanic...

I gotta research the price of octane boost and 87 octane, V. 93 octane alone....
While you're at it and looking at all those boosters that claim to raise your octane by 2 - 10 points, be sure and look up what a octane point actually is.

.... An octane point = .1 (note the decimal point).
So that super duper octane booster that says it will raise your octane by 10 points, is going to turn your 87 octane gas into 88 octane gas, for how much money?

Old 07-11-2012, 06:03 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

hehehe yep.

Originally Posted by cHarley
While you're at it and looking at all those boosters that claim to raise your octane by 2 - 10 points, be sure and look up what a octane point actually is.

So that super duper octane booster that says it will raise your octane by 10 points, is going to turn your 87 octane gas into 88 octane gas, for how much money?

Old 07-11-2012, 09:08 PM
Thundermug
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by cHarley

Advice taken and you are correct!

Old 07-24-2012, 09:54 AM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 93 Likes on 80 Posts

hay appriciate the explanations and awesome short cuts to improveing octane ect.All i know is with my setup and some octane boost there was a difference with no question.

maybe with your low compression set up or tune its not noticeable? Octane boost isnt all that i understand,,new shocks isnt going to turn my bike in to a surf board,and engine mods all day long isnt going to make my bike weight 900 lbs less.