"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

The wife and I are moving to Florida

Old 03-23-2014, 10:33 AM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by bwrian
My wife and I getting the heck out of Florida. We live in Lakeland too many crazy people here. Moving back to Bristol, va
My wife would move back to the Midwest if she could. Folks aren't as friendly in S Fla as the Midwest but I love year round summer and the increased opportunities vs the Midwest.

Old 03-23-2014, 11:37 AM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bwrian
My wife and I getting the heck out of Florida. We live in Lakeland too many crazy people here. Moving back to Bristol, va
I like the west coast of Florida myself. Sarasota is awesome and I live in Port Richey now. We made a 1 year move to Lakeland and we absolutely hated it. To me, there is no point in living in Florida if you are not on or near the water. If you are thinking about boating at all the gulf is way better than the Atlantic. You can get away with a 16' boat on the gulf some days as it is like glass but the Atlantic requires a serious boat as its always rough. Best riding in Florida is north of I-4 and west Hwy 27.

Old 03-27-2014, 05:37 AM
rafael53
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HDSAE60
I guess we will start in Jax and work our way to some of the other places
That's what I said in 78....still passing through.

Just what we need though...another guitar ****** .

...and welcome.

Old 03-27-2014, 09:14 AM
tas_todd
Stellar HDF Member

Received 693 Likes on 357 Posts

I was stationed in Jax in the 90's and lived in Orange Park / Middleburgarea (south of Jax). I liked the area when I was there. St Augustine was a niceday trip, Daytona just a little further. I was never one for the beach but love the water. Used to have my boat in the St Johns riverweekly going somewhere.

Old 03-28-2014, 02:01 PM
Florida Swamp Yankee
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Lobo45
Very high crime area, great biking weather here in the south. Id look at Brunswick GA, 40 minutes from J'ville great are low crime rate and cost of living close to the beaches also.
+1 on Brunswick!!! I have a beautiful house there that I would like to sell to you! 20 minutes to East Beach, 1 hour to Jax and Savannah, best damn shrimp around, you get to hear occasional loud explosions from the ATF farting around at FLETC.

Not a bad area, I moved up there built a house while working at a CCRC on St Simons Island. We moved back to Central Florida when the bubble burst, and still have that house hanging around my neck.

It's hard to find a decent wage around Brunswick, but RN's can work anywhere, and you might be able to get something at FLETC for electronics.

Overall not bad if you don't mind the bible thumpers, crappy labor pool, and the humidity from the largest salt marsh in the country. It is actually less humid in Central Florida than it is in Brunswick.

Good luck either way, but I would seriously love to sell you that house!

Old 03-28-2014, 02:49 PM
HDSAE60
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Tell me about the house.

Originally Posted by Florida Swamp Yankee
+1 on Brunswick!!! I have a beautiful house there that I would like to sell to you! 20 minutes to East Beach, 1 hour to Jax and Savannah, best damn shrimp around, you get to hear occasional loud explosions from the ATF farting around at FLETC.

Not a bad area, I moved up there built a house while working at a CCRC on St Simons Island. We moved back to Central Florida when the bubble burst, and still have that house hanging around my neck.

It's hard to find a decent wage around Brunswick, but RN's can work anywhere, and you might be able to get something at FLETC for electronics.

Overall not bad if you don't mind the bible thumpers, crappy labor pool, and the humidity from the largest salt marsh in the country. It is actually less humid in Central Florida than it is in Brunswick.

Good luck either way, but I would seriously love to sell you that house!
And how much are you asking?

Old 03-28-2014, 03:41 PM
Wade91
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spent 7yrs of my life in Jax courtesy of Uncle Sam. Love the city. Avoid the north end of town. It has become very congested there, but I'd return there in a heartbeat. Gainesville area is great for medical field as well. Plenty of places to live out in the "country" there. I'm in the Tampa Bay area, grew up here and currently reside here. Good luck on the move.

Old 03-28-2014, 04:07 PM
Florida Swamp Yankee
Road Captain

We are only are expecting to get what we owe; about 165K. I don't know how the foreclosure inventory is up there, we check with our realtor/property manager before the lease is renewed each year. It's about that time now, I need to e-mail her to see what is going on with the market.

House was built in '07, cost $215K to build it, plus add ons once we moved in. Nice features and location, still in good condition.

Old 03-28-2014, 04:31 PM
Florida Swamp Yankee
Road Captain

Google Maps 160 Wentle Circle, Brunswick GA. you can see the birds eye view of the house, pan out and see I-95, the barrier islands and ocean, Jax and Savannah.

And, hurricanes skip over this area due t the curve in the coastline. All bets are off when it comes to tornados!

Old 03-28-2014, 08:41 PM
HDSAE60
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks for all the help and support! We are heading out in the morning.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The wife and I are moving to Florida