"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

I'm looking for Citrus County info.

Old 03-23-2014, 11:38 AM
Prime Rib
Elite HDF Member
Received 202 Likes on 139 Posts
Default I'm looking for Citrus County info.

Hello,
My Family and I are looking to purchase a winter residence in Florida. We are looking online in the Citrus County area. It looks like a nice area to live. We've never been there. What we are looking for is a quite area with around 2-3 acres within a reasonable drive from a nice river.
We will be trailering our bikes with us, and a nice riding area is a plus.
It looks like you can get a really nice house there in the $150,000-$190,000 range(which is the price range I'm in).
Any info about the area, including what cities in the county would best fit our needs is appreciated.
Thanks.

Old 03-23-2014, 05:15 PM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Citrus County is smack dab in the middle of the best riding roads in Florida. Look at Floral City area as it is really a nice little town. $150 will go a long way on a house in that area and you should have no problem finding something. Be aware that there are no beaches in this stretch of Florida. Pretty much just Mangroves right up to the gulf and the gulf is also really shallow. Poor area for Jobs if y'all are going to have to work though. What few there are is going to be low paying. Good luck on your hunt.

Old 03-24-2014, 09:14 AM
Prime Rib
Elite HDF Member

I thank you for your info Just dave. I'll look into Floral city. Do you have any knowledge of Crystal River or the Homosassa area?

Anybody else have any info they would like to share about this part of Florida???

Old 03-24-2014, 08:33 PM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah, I just live down the road about 25 miles south of Homosassa in Bayonet Point. Both very nice areas with lots of things to do if you are the outdoorsy type. Less than an hour drive to Tampa down the toll road so everything in life is nearby. You really can't go wrong any where in that area.

Old 03-25-2014, 10:40 AM
Redfish911
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Citrus County

Prime Rib

Very nice places in Citrus. I would rent first and decide after you've seen it. The county has rivers on the North and South. Gulf of Mexico on the West. Plenty of fishing and also near Tampa, Ocala and Gainesville. Great riding in Citrus and surrounding counties. I live in Levy County which borders Citrus to the North.

Old 03-26-2014, 01:32 PM
Prime Rib
Elite HDF Member

Thanks for the response Redfish. When looking at the map for an area I might like, I looked online for info on Citrus, Levy, Taylor, and Dixie counties. The only one that really put much info online was Citrus, which seems to have quite a PR campaign to try to get visitors to come there. They have youtube tourism videos, facebook page, etc. What made you decide on Levy County? I have nothing against checking that area out, just not alot of info out there. It looks alot less developed than Citrus, which isn't a bad thing. Thanks

Old 03-29-2014, 07:21 AM
122c
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WARNING NOTICE: While Citrus county is a great location for a home base BEWARE that if its not your homestead they will peel you back on property Taxes ! Just north in Levy or east to Marian / Sumter / Hernando Floral city is much easier on the pocket book for a part time residence. Based on what your talking about $$ spending Dunnellon is might be what your looking for and is 20 min to Crystal River or 30 min to Ocala. I have lived part time up this way (Levy County) for the last 20 years. If you need a realtor contact or more info I would be happy to provide. As mentioned above this part of N central Florida is fantastic riding ... you can be in S Georgia in 2+ hours.

Old 04-04-2014, 06:58 PM
Redfish911
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Prime Rib...my family has been here since the Indian Wars. Citrus has 140,000 residents Levy only 40,000. Levy and Gilchrist have low taxes. Stay away from Alachua County, they have the highest in the state. It just depends on what you want. Levy is great and close to city stuff but good luck getting a pizza delivered.