"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Old "Crew" riders check in!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 02:17 AM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Smile Old "Crew" riders check in!

Just wondering how many of the older Crew riders still check this page out from time to time. Folks have always came and gone, lives change, things happen. We used to have a core of regulars on here all the time and I was just wondering how many still drop by regular and just browse a bit. I see a good portion of those riders on FB but have lost track of more than one.

I am still here but don't post a lot but I do check it nearly daily to see if there are any moderation concerns, Have not had to do anything in just forever it seems.

I must admit that my riding time has been greatly reduced since I started working again. After my accident and sitting around for 3 years, work takes a lot more out of me than it used to. I have also started to recover feeling in my right leg again which has brought on a whole new round of pain and mobility issues. I am lucky if I can get out for more than a couple of times a month now but man do I enjoy it when I do. I have had a lifelong relationship with motorcycles and each time I ride its like the same as that first ride when I was nine years old. Exhilarating!

I am still riding the same 2000 Road King. I spun an inner cam bearing up in Alabama last summer and had to rent a u-haul to bring the bike back to Florida. It required a complete engine rebuild to the tune of about $3500.00 bucks altogether just in parts. I went with mostly Fueling parts and did Gear drive cams with a .575 lift . It was already a 95Ci so I replaced the pistons with some Wiseco's. The heads were already screaming eagle's that were ported and had over-sized valves so I just lapped the valves and installed new seals. I did all the work myself with the exception of the lower case which needed the seat for the inner cam bearing repaired. I went with Revolution Performance in Wisconsin and they trued, balanced, pinned and welded the crank, installed new bearings and connecting rods. They did an awesome job of the seat repair and it only ran $100 bucks compared to $800 for new cases. Their whole bill for the crank work was around $1200 bucks with almost $200 of that for shipping. That was included in the $3500.00 previously mentioned. The build came out with 10:1 compression and 99.5 HP and 108 lbs of torque after Doc worked his magic on my Mikuni Carb. The only issue I had was the cam gears were mis-sized so it had a knocking at idle but I went with an over-sized gear and that went away. Bike is so much fun to twist the wrist on now. It ran good before since it had had some work before, but it runs great now. I have no plans nor desire to change bikes at all in the immediate future.

I have also gotten more into firearms of late. I have always been a shooter but have put a lot of time into it over the last couple of years. I have also started reloading my own Ammo which is a time Killer. Lately I have been dabbling in Sporting Clays and man is it a hoot! Almost as fun as riding a motorcycle. I am fortunate enough to have a world class sporting clays facility less than 20 minutes from me. Here is a link if you are interested. http://mytbsc.com/

So, Hello to old and new members. Hope to see some more rides on here that I can make. Take a second to say hello and tell us what you have been up to lately. Have you gotten a new or different bike? Made any epic journeys? Any big changes in life? New wife? Car? Kids? Grand kids? Hobby's?

I have made some really good friends on here that I can truly call my Brothers and Sisters and look forward to y'alls replies. Flslowryder sends her love to all and is doing great. She is still chugging along on her Road Star and loving every minute of it. She just had a Birthday and I took her to Leesburg and got her a half hour flight in a stunt plane. She had a really good time. Here is a short 3 minute video that she edited from the flight. Hope you Enjoy it.

Old 05-07-2014, 06:30 AM
Bob
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Checking in ...

Old 05-07-2014, 07:55 AM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

checking in

Old 05-07-2014, 08:30 AM
dedjr67
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup still here.

Old 05-07-2014, 08:39 AM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts

Only a 2 year old member of the Crew but still here.

Old 05-07-2014, 09:32 AM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 299 Likes on 228 Posts

Still here and checking in daily.

Old 05-07-2014, 01:05 PM
Big Gator
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

So it seems we have a bunch of old farts just lurking around. Good to know you guys are still around.

The Forum has really died off here over the past year.

No more stories about how Murph meet cHarley almost by accident or how Sonny's burnt down or JustDave going for a pack of cigarettes and ending up in Immokalee at Rid City.

or 300 mile hamburger runs. Didn't even need to be a good hamburger.

Man, those were the hay days of the Crew.

and the Rallies. Don't forget the Rallies.

Old 05-07-2014, 01:17 PM
flagirl
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Still here, checking in from time to time. Just getting back to riding after my last wrist surgery in January.

Old 05-07-2014, 04:30 PM
Sefferdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am still kicking around. I check in every few days.

Old 05-07-2014, 04:57 PM
mrjimbo
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Define "old". .......

Quick Reply: Old "Crew" riders check in!