"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Damn radar

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 07:14 AM
SoFla
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cdonis
actually got a warning yesterday on the bike. Pulled me over with the truck in front of me. I asked what I was doing on the gun, and he said he couldn't get me but he knew I was speeding because I was behind the truck ( who did get a ticket) I was probably between 65-70. So I guess it was my lucky day too.
Master blaster, his wife, me and my girlfriend were headed back home from Ave Maria on route 29 south. We came up behind a tractor trailer doing the speed limit and we passed him at a high speed. Just as we were getting around him and back I to our lane there was a cop standing on the side of the road with a radar gun. I kept looking for him in the mirror, but he never came after us.

I mentioned this to my brother and he told me it was because we were on bikes. He said the radar will only pick up the speed of the largest object, the tractor trailer. If he ticketed us, he would have been guessing our speed and we would win fighting it, so he probably if didn't bother.

Old 06-23-2014, 07:32 AM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceman24
Should've flashed some b(@)(@)bs...that works, right?
Didnt work for me, found out leo's dont partically care for man (@)(@)bs

Old 06-23-2014, 03:06 PM
CBud
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by uklauren
Actually I was wearing a helmet so he didn't have to ask for my insurance, and I think you don't need insurance in Fl if you wear a helmet.
You don't! And you may have health insurance that qualifies for the $10,000 in personal injuries. If you can get a certificate of coverage from your health insurer that shows no exclusions for motorcycle accidents, you don't even need motorcycle insurance.

Old 07-04-2014, 08:57 AM
Francis Dubsurftones
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

little off topic but ,,, seems its going that way ,
that allways makes me wonder when im going around the states , i had a cop in colorado rockies give me some problems about no inspection , i buy insurance cause its only a hundred bucks,, (actualy drove around europe for 2 summers without insurance). hard to get into swiss . have to take the back ways..
.but anyway so lets say i was in a state that requiered insurance and i had none. and was passing through would i need to complty to that states law.being my state doesn't require..
the inspection thing i got off of .being that we have no inspection. he looked it up too. took a while..also i have a aspt frame. delkron cases .i have no speedo , no signals . etc, a bit suspect..but its all legit.. i cant get whats not offered or required by law..inspection......but no insurance . out off state? anyone?

Last edited by Francis Dubsurftones; 07-04-2014 at 09:04 AM. Reason: update
Old 07-08-2014, 07:33 AM
petdoc94
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lucky you.....:-)