"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Out with the old, in with the new...'14FLHXS

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 01:25 PM
DresserDude
Road Warrior
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Great looking bike! What dealership did you use?

Old 07-07-2014, 01:40 PM
Roger That
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[Quote]Great looking bike! What dealership did you use?[Quote]

Thanks. Peterson's North Miami. My last three bikes have been from here.

Old 07-07-2014, 11:15 PM
SoFla
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Roger That;12957096][Quote]Great looking bike! What dealership did you use?

Thanks. Peterson's North Miami. My last three bikes have been from here.
Congrats on the bike! I swapped all my chrome from my 11 limited to my 14. Swapped out all the LEDs I had all around back to stock. What I couldn't use on new bike I sold on eBay... Still have a bunch in garage. Made enough to cover new breather, full exhaust and tuner. Left the stage 1 on other bike.

Old 07-08-2014, 07:16 AM
petdoc94
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sweet.......Nothing like a sweet SG.....I will get another one day, but until than I will ride the wheels off this 13...
Now if I could find someone on my side to ride with soemtimes.....
I think Smokey lives close....

Old 07-08-2014, 08:50 AM
Roger That
Road Warrior

[quote=SoFla;12959522][quote=Roger That;12957096]
Great looking bike! What dealership did you use?

Congrats on the bike! I swapped all my chrome from my 11 limited to my 14. Swapped out all the LEDs I had all around back to stock. What I couldn't use on new bike I sold on eBay... Still have a bunch in garage. Made enough to cover new breather, full exhaust and tuner. Left the stage 1 on other bike.
Thanks Steve! I basically did the same thing with swapping out as much as I could that could be installed on the '14, except the Rinehart's and passenger floorboards and highway pegs that they did for me. I managed to keep about 2K of mods that I would of had to purchase all over again.

I also have some parts in the garage that I'll either get rid of at the next swap meet they have in the parking lot or unload them on ebay.

Now I need to do some learning on this GPS system. I haven't used one before so I don't yet have any complaints but I have read a few threads of others trying to figure out how to load preloaded routes and such.

What did you and Jerry end up doing for Stage 1 on your bikes? I still have the Powervision but not sure if that's the route I will go this time. I actually purchased the 5 year extended warranty this time due to all of the electronics on it now and not sure if the PV would void the warranty.

Old 07-08-2014, 10:15 AM
tourglider
Tourer

Congrats! Sweet ride, love that color!

Old 07-08-2014, 04:03 PM
SoFla
Outstanding HDF Member

[QUOTE=Roger That;12960646][quote=SoFla;12959522]
Originally Posted by Roger That

Thanks Steve! I basically did the same thing with swapping out as much as I could that could be installed on the '14, except the Rinehart's and passenger floorboards and highway pegs that they did for me. I managed to keep about 2K of mods that I would of had to purchase all over again.

I also have some parts in the garage that I'll either get rid of at the next swap meet they have in the parking lot or unload them on ebay.

Now I need to do some learning on this GPS system. I haven't used one before so I don't yet have any complaints but I have read a few threads of others trying to figure out how to load preloaded routes and such.

What did you and Jerry end up doing for Stage 1 on your bikes? I still have the Powervision but not sure if that's the route I will go this time. I actually purchased the 5 year extended warranty this time due to all of the electronics on it now and not sure if the PV would void the warranty.
Jerry added a SE breather... other than that stayed stock.

I like to have a little noise so I added Jackpot head pipes and slip ons. SE breather and Power Vision tuner. Bike really doesn't even need a Stage 1. Is has plenty of pickup.

The GPS pissed me off on my second trip to the Dragon. IT stopped giving voice commands when I needed it most. We were in the Tennessee mountains heading back to Maggie Valley and it was very dark. No moon, stars, street lights, or houses. My eyesight sucks in the dark. Jerry and Chonghae were ahead and gaining distance. GPS stopped giving directions and I couldn't keep looking at the map. I finally came up to a lit up gas station and pulled in and turned the bike off to reset it. While sitting there the station closed and turned off all the lights so again, sitting in total darkness. My GF kept telling me to go... Jerry finally realized I wasn't behind him anymore can came back looking for us.

Make sure you have the latest firmware loaded for the GPS... once HD did that I have been fine.

Loading Maps is simple:

Load GPX file to a thumb drive
Plug thumb drive into bike
Go to NAV screen
On very top right choose MENU
Choose IMPORT
Chose the Map you want to import.
Loaded it.. done.

Put it will read way-points as separate routes which is a pain in the ***. When I created the route for our trip to TN, I used the HD trip planner. When it calculated the route I would drag the route toa different way I wanted to o. Every time I did that it marked it as a way point.

The other thing that was a pain was I chose a later way-point from where we were (next one in line) instead of it being intuitive and routing the destination, it kept wanting me head back 200 miles south to my house and start over. Crazy.

Old 07-08-2014, 04:08 PM
SoFla
Outstanding HDF Member

Ironically Peterson's North just called me to let me know they are having a workshop this Saturday to show all the accessories they just came out with for the 14's. Up till now there has been very little.

Old 07-08-2014, 06:54 PM
Roger That
Road Warrior

Thanks for the GPS tips. Sounds like some of the same issues I've read about. But luckily I don't think I'll miss something I haven't used before. I ended up getting the 5 year extended warranty, first time doing this on any of my previous bikes.

I also still have a Powervision but not sure if that would void the warranty. Did you use the Powervision on your previous bike? If not, how do you like it compared to your previous tuner? Reason I ask is that I could never get rid of the decel popping on my '12 with it no matter how many Autotunes I did. Been considering getting it dyno tuned this time, just not certain who to use.

Peterson's didn't mention anything about the workshop though. Maybe they called Lynda, since she knows our salesman from a previous job. Other than that, the ride home from the dealer was great, lol. Now if I could just get this damn rain to go away.....

Old 07-08-2014, 07:38 PM
SoFla
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Roger That
Thanks for the GPS tips. Sounds like some of the same issues I've read about. But luckily I don't think I'll miss something I haven't used before. I ended up getting the 5 year extended warranty, first time doing this on any of my previous bikes.

I also still have a Powervision but not sure if that would void the warranty. Did you use the Powervision on your previous bike? If not, how do you like it compared to your previous tuner? Reason I ask is that I could never get rid of the decel popping on my '12 with it no matter how many Autotunes I did. Been considering getting it dyno tuned this time, just not certain who to use.

Peterson's didn't mention anything about the workshop though. Maybe they called Lynda, since she knows our salesman from a previous job. Other than that, the ride home from the dealer was great, lol. Now if I could just get this damn rain to go away.....
I had TTS on previous ... I can't tell the difference to be honest. Had it dyno'd in Dallas... But don't thing I need it.

I told fuel moto I had SE AC and jackpot slip ons and head pipes. They preloaded the map on the PV and I uh fed it in the port. Took 5 minutes. Very happy with the tune... No popping at all.

Quick Reply: Out with the old, in with the new...'14FLHXS