"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Somebody Please Turn Off The Rain

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 09:32 PM
Roger That
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are some here in the crew that puts my mileage to shame! Since I got my first touring bike I like to go for long rides. I have a fiancé that enjoys riding as much as I do, big difference from my ex who never rode which meant I was lucky to ride 3k a year. We'll just take off on a typical Saturday sometimes to Ft Myers beach for a late lunch and ride back, then ride all day Sunday locally. Also go to Key West at least 3 or 4 times a year, Leesburg and Daytona if we can. It adds up, I can see how some of the members here rack up 20k a year. (Hijack over)

Weatherman says morning showers near the beach, afternoon showers late afternoon. Head west in the morning and you should be fine. Have a good ride, just can't tell if you'll get a chance again for awhile.

Old 07-11-2014, 10:26 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts

Hopefully it's not raining tomorrow morning because I will be on the bike. I don't mind too much once I'm out if it rains but I don't love leaving home in the rain.

Anyway a couple events tomorrow, Boardroom Bar has a classic car show (Ft Laud) in the morning, and Steel Knuckle Customs in Boynton has a BBQ/bike wash event 11-2. If it's not raining I'm party hopping.
My kids are grown and I work part time these days so I am able to ride about 15,000 miles a year.

Old 07-11-2014, 10:54 PM
Roger That
Road Warrior

I think you may ride even more than that UK! Here's to a dry ride!

Old 07-12-2014, 04:04 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator

So did you get out and ride your new bike today Roger? I've been out all day and managed to skirt round all the showers.

Old 07-12-2014, 05:47 PM
Roger That
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by uklauren
So did you get out and ride your new bike today Roger? I've been out all day and managed to skirt round all the showers.
Yup. Just walked in the door. I put in about 150 miles today, beautiful out. Rain free until I got 1 mile from home and got caught under one rain cloud, lol. That mail slot can funnel a stream of water spray right in your face. I didn't care though, was turning into my neighborhood and got one block from the house and it stopped. It felt good to be honest, very hot out today.

I rode solo today while Lynda occupied my daughter. First solo ride on the new beast....this thing has a very noticeable increase in low end torque! Much stronger than the '12 with a Stage 1 dialed in, and this bike is stock. It really doesn't need a Stage 1....but I can imagine what it will do opening it up. But it definitely needs the suspension broken in, it's a little stiff with just 200 miles on it.

Old 07-13-2014, 10:39 PM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 81 Posts

I couldn't believe how rain free we were this weekend...I got in about 250 miles which is a lot for me. Surprisingly Cafe 27 was pretty empty but met some good folks at Chester's today. Put my new UKLAUREN recommended crotch cooler to the test on the turnpike in stop and go up to PBIR Friday night...was darn glad to have it in the baking sun. To be able to ride the scooter to PBIR in the Summer and not get wet is just about unheard of!

Old 07-16-2014, 09:19 AM
SoFla
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Roger That

There are some here in the crew that puts my mileage to shame! Since I got my first touring bike I like to go for long rides. I have a fiancé that enjoys riding as much as I do, big difference from my ex who never rode which meant I was lucky to ride 3k a year. We'll just take off on a typical Saturday sometimes to Ft Myers beach for a late lunch and ride back, then ride all day Sunday locally. Also go to Key West at least 3 or 4 times a year, Leesburg and Daytona if we can. It adds up, I can see how some of the members here rack up 20k a year. (Hijack over)

Weatherman says morning showers near the beach, afternoon showers late afternoon. Head west in the morning and you should be fine. Have a good ride, just can't tell if you'll get a chance again for awhile.

You've got to take a ride to Arizona, best one I have ever been on.

Old 07-16-2014, 10:00 AM
sofadog
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And it keeps coming!

Attached Thumbnails Somebody Please Turn Off The Rain-image.jpg  
Old 07-16-2014, 10:47 AM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator

I rode to Deerfield this morning to meet a friend for breakfast, I just had to get on the bike for a few miles or cabin fever will set in.

Old 07-16-2014, 01:20 PM
Roger That
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by SoFla
You've got to take a ride to Arizona, best one I have ever been on.
Yeah if I could get that much time off from work I would love to head west. Hard part would be convincing my significant other. She thought Gatlinburg and the Dragon were far....I was just getting warmed up. But it is on my bucket list!!

Quick Reply: Somebody Please Turn Off The Rain