"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Somebody Please Turn Off The Rain

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 08:55 PM
03100thflstc
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by themensh
My experience with rain suits in Florida: Rain starts. Pull over, put on rain suit (15 minutes)....ride two miles....rain stops. Sweat until you pull over to take off rain suit (ten minutes). Ride until rain starts......20 minutes. Pull over, put on rain gear (15 minutes).....so sweaty, you swear not to wear rain gear...rain stops...Take off gear. You can't wait until it rains again so you can cool off.....

Chuck
x 100. Except for the water spots on my glasses.

Old 07-26-2014, 10:03 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by 03100thflstc
x 100. Except for the water spots on my glasses.
I have perfected the "Duck, wipe, peek" maneuver.....
("DUCK behind the windsheild, WIPE your eyes, PEEK over the windshield" and repeat).

Old 07-26-2014, 11:05 PM
fishheadsaid
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by themensh
My experience with rain suits in Florida: Rain starts. Pull over, put on rain suit (15 minutes)....ride two miles....rain stops. Sweat until you pull over to take off rain suit (ten minutes). Ride until rain starts......20 minutes. Pull over, put on rain gear (15 minutes).....so sweaty, you swear not to wear rain gear...rain stops...Take off gear. You can't wait until it rains again so you can cool off.....
Chuck
Exactly...it's been so long since I pulled my rain suit out I can't remember what color it is.
Or maybe it's just my memory is shot to hell.

Old 07-26-2014, 11:38 PM
Gladdman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's just a part of the "South Florida Experience" as far as I'm concerned. Just happy if I don't get hit by lightning LOL. On the good side at least it cools things down, on the bad side man it's a bitch keeping the bike clean this time of year

Old 07-27-2014, 06:08 PM
wuaname
Road Captain

Lol, you guys are right. Well there was no rain this weekend down by my end, but my bike is still sitting on the stand waiting for me to finish some work on it.

Old 08-01-2014, 08:48 AM
Roger That
Road Warrior

@()%+&*^$#@*$%@*@%+^&$%!!!!!!

Last edited by Roger That; 08-01-2014 at 08:50 AM.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:07 AM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Roger That

@()%+&*^$#@*$%@*@%+^&$%!!!!!!
You got that right...OMG this is some horrible rainy season. Tower Shops car show is ending tonight after what, 20 years? I hope it's not rained out....

Old 08-01-2014, 09:17 AM
Roger That
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Joe_G
You got that right...OMG this is some horrible rainy season. Tower Shops car show is ending tonight after what, 20 years? I hope it's not rained out....
Wow really? I used to go to Tower Shops on Friday nights back 13 years ago when I had my Z06 vette. Was really cool....until five years later or so all the kids in the modified Honda's and Corolla's started to take over blasting rap and vibrating sheet metal apart. It quickly became a ridiculous car stereo competition. It seemed that it wouldn't take long before fights, drugs and misconduct would take over.

Good luck on the no rain thing tonight! You're going to need it.

Old 08-01-2014, 09:21 AM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Roger That
Wow really? I used to go to Tower Shops on Friday nights back 13 years ago when I had my Z06 vette. Was really cool....until five years later or so all the kids in the modified Honda's and Corolla's started to take over blasting rap and vibrating sheet metal apart. It quickly became a ridiculous car stereo competition. It seemed that it wouldn't take long before fights, drugs and misconduct would take over.

Good luck on the no rain thing tonight! You're going to need it.
Yea I go up there in my Vette a couple of times a month. The ricers have been pretty good when I'm up there these days, the Davie police keep them in order for the most part. The plaza got sold a couple of years ago, I wonder if the new owners are putting a stop to it. Supposedly the mayor of Davie wants to relocate it somewhere else in Davie. I bet the restaurants along University will be sorry to see it go, they are packed on Fridays.

Old 08-01-2014, 09:28 AM
Roger That
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Joe_G
Yea I go up there in my Vette a couple of times a month. The ricers have been pretty good when I'm up there these days, the Davie police keep them in order for the most part. The plaza got sold a couple of years ago, I wonder if the new owners are putting a stop to it. Supposedly the mayor of Davie wants to relocate it somewhere else in Davie. I bet the restaurants along University will be sorry to see it go, they are packed on Fridays.
I quit going in '04 when the police became a fixture, changed the whole experience. Not many vettes were showing up anymore at that point either. Used to have two whole sections designated for the vettes. Would meet up with friends at the show then about 10 or more of us would go for a late dinner at Kansas City Steakhouse or Geronimo's usually. How has the vette crowd been there the past few years?

Quick Reply: Somebody Please Turn Off The Rain