"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Lake 'O' ride Sunday?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 10:53 PM
Roger That
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by uklauren
Rog, I'd expect to be there about noon, the ride from Boca leaving at 9.30, probably stop at least once if not twice to pick up stragglers/gas/pee stops.
That will work. I'll leave Cafe 27 at 9 am heading up 27 to Main Street and through Belle Glades then on up the east side of the lake to Okeechobee. Then down around the other side to the Tiki Bar. 12:00 will give me plenty of time to get all the way around Lake "O".

If anyone wants to meet at Cafe 27 and join the ride.....all are welcome. We will leave Cafe 27 at 9:00 am Sunday morning. I will check this post in the morning and will head out at 8am. Hope to see some Crew!

Old 07-20-2014, 06:30 AM
Roger That
Road Warrior

Going to head out to Cafe 27 in a few....hope to see some Crew!

Old 07-20-2014, 06:34 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts

Nice seeing you Roger and Linda, flippin' hot tho.

Old 07-20-2014, 06:40 PM
Slick-
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lauren, I got up at 6 with the dogs, had my 2 cups of java, emails and rest of the AM routine. I felt pretty good so I was seriously contemplating going. Went to lie down for a quick 40 winks and the next thing I knew it was 10:45. Oh well hopefully next time-

Old 07-20-2014, 06:43 PM
porschedog
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Thers a ride next Sunday to the oyster house in Everglades city. All are welcome. Leaves from Petersons north at 9 am.

Old 07-20-2014, 07:42 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts

Originally Posted by porschedog
Thers a ride next Sunday to the oyster house in Everglades city. All are welcome. Leaves from Petersons north at 9 am.

Porschedog, start this as a new post. Hope some of the Crew can make it.

Old 07-20-2014, 07:45 PM
porschedog
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Will do.

Old 07-20-2014, 08:50 PM
Roger That
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by uklauren
Nice seeing you Roger and Linda, flippin' hot tho.
275 views on this thread and nobody wants to ride....oh well, I tried.
289 miles door to door. Hung out at Cafe 27 until 9:15....
Then headed north on 27 with a "Crew" of one.
So that would make me a "Club of One".
With my Sergeant at Arms Lynda riding shotgun.

Half way up 27 somewhere between 75 and Belle Glades cruising along about 79.999ish, two crotch rockets blasted past me about a half a lane away and had to be moving 150+ish. Startled us as I saw lights behind me maybe a mile or so back...about 20 or 30 seconds before they screamed by. It sounded and felt like a couple of fighter jets on a low pass flyby! All three of us were extremely lucky I didn't happen to move from my position riding as nobody would have ever survived an impact like that would have been. Idiots living by a thread. Just biding time.

Then about 15 seconds later about 40 or 50 more bikes easily all moving well over 100 mph, crotch rockets and a couple of CanAms, flew by using the entire two lanes unorganized and reckless moving in a pack at varying speeds. Just glad they didn't ride into each other! Four or five split lanes with me in the middle of the pack. Pissed me off.

About a minute later they were a half mile up ahead on top of a rise and I saw a Sherrif's car with its lights flashing headed north bound in the left lane of the south bound side moving slowly. The pack of bikes, all of them stopped at the next two center median turnabouts looked undecided on what to do after blasting past the Sheriff. I rode by at my leisurely pace of 75 by this point. Then I get another mile or so up the road and there's another Sherrif's car sitting on the south bound side waiting. I don't know what happened after that as I kept moving along north.

I get to Belle Glades and rode up the east side of the lake to Okeechobee then back down the west side to the Tiki Bar in Clewiston. All the way around the Lake.Thanks for meeting up with us UK....and for bringing several of your riding friends along. At least there were some that wanted to ride today. Rode 45 miles back around and east on Southern Blvd. Was 102* when we left Roland Martin's and stayed 100* until we reached Wellington and parted ways at 441. Ran into about 15 seconds of a very light rain and laughed because I was wishing for a little more.

Steevo, I got your text message when I got to Roland Martin's and checked my phone.

Now back to endless rain

Last edited by Roger That; 07-20-2014 at 08:57 PM.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:24 AM
wuaname
Road Captain

Well sounds like a good ride. I will have to meet up with some of the FL crew for a ride soon. My scoot has had some brake issues, but I thin I should be up and running soon. Café 27 is a good meeting spot for me.

As for the crotch rockets? Hmm, could've been me, lol...kidding, kidding, but US 27 and Krome are probably the only stretches we have down here to open her up.. oh and card sound road..

Old 07-22-2014, 08:45 AM
Roger That
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by wuaname
Well sounds like a good ride. I will have to meet up with some of the FL crew for a ride soon. My scoot has had some brake issues, but I thin I should be up and running soon. Café 27 is a good meeting spot for me.

As for the crotch rockets? Hmm, could've been me, lol...kidding, kidding, but US 27 and Krome are probably the only stretches we have down here to open her up.. oh and card sound road..
Yeah, but it appeared that the Sheriff's department is aware of this too!