"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

New to Citrus County

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 06:30 PM
MyFirstHD
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Just Dave
Welcome to Florida. You are right in the middle of thew best riding in Florida. Guess you just got lucky. Take a ride to Sleepy Hollow down in Floral City, you will meet lots of like minded riders there that can show you around. http://wallowatthehollow.com/
Thanks for the tip. That's right down the road.

Old 08-20-2014, 06:42 PM
MyFirstHD
Road Master

Originally Posted by uride2
Will B ridin to River Rats Th ,take 41 south to left on 48 take right on
S Istachatta Rd follow to 476 left and River Rats is on the left . should B there 930-10
harvey
Lake Lindsey, right by the river. I've been by there a couple times. I'll try to make it.

Alan

Old 08-20-2014, 07:20 PM
fatmurse
Tourer
Received 202 Likes on 92 Posts

Recently moved to Ocala. I should have Fri a.m. clear if you'd like to meet in Dunnellon I'd be happy to show you some Marion county roads. PM if interested and I will give you my cell so we can coordinate

Old 08-20-2014, 07:56 PM
Redfish911
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

OP...Steamers is good...I think they usually have live music on the weekends...sometimes quite a few bikes there. There is a place on the left as you come into town, can't remember the name but the clam chowder is great.

Dunnellon has the Blue Gator on the river...nice place.

Also try Eaton Beach...just google it.

Old 08-21-2014, 04:14 AM
uride2
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by fatmurse
Recently moved to Ocala. I should have Fri a.m. clear if you'd like to meet in Dunnellon I'd be happy to show you some Marion county roads. PM if interested and I will give you my cell so we can coordinate
P M sent love to Ride
harvey

Last edited by uride2; 08-21-2014 at 04:18 AM.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:03 PM
MyFirstHD
Road Master

Originally Posted by fatmurse
I got a decent job offer today so tomorrow (Friday) I'll be getting drug screened and background checked. Since I don't start until Sep 2nd we can try for something next week.
Harvey, if this rain doesn't let up I might not make it to River Ratz tonight. Even on 4 wheels it's a 20 mile drive in **** weather. The wife and I plan on going to Sleepy Hollow on Gobbler Saturday for the live music if you're interested. She's going to drive so I can enjoy a few cold ones.
Alan

Old 08-21-2014, 08:11 PM
MyFirstHD
Road Master

Originally Posted by Redfish911
Just South of Crystal River off US 19 take 494 to the West. Great old Florida flora and fauna. Eat in Ozello. Also go North on US 19 to Otter Creek and turn West and ride to Cedar Key for lunch. Lots of treasures here. I live in Williston but still punch the clock. If Gainesville Harley is having an event I'm usually there at the beer tent. (Pouring)
Thanks for the tip. Ozello was a nice ride, little sand in the curves, so I just slowed down a bit so the wife and I could both enjoy the ride. Had lunch at Peck's Old Port Cove, good food. Eaton Beach looks like a nice ride. What's 441 like once you get north of Leesburg?

Old 08-22-2014, 05:37 AM
uride2
Outstanding HDF Member

[QUOTE=MyFirstHD;13129458]I got a decent job offer today so tomorrow (Friday) I'll be getting drug screened and background checked. Since I don't start until Sep 2nd we can try for something next week.
Harvey, if this rain doesn't let up I might not make it to River Ratz tonight. Even on 4 wheels it's a 20 mile drive in **** weather. The wife and I plan on going to Sleepy Hollow on Gobbler Saturday for the live music if you're interested. She's going to drive so I can enjoy a few cold ones.
Alan[/QUOTE
should have put am on the Time ,River Rats isn`t open @9pm , Will B in Ocala @ Terry`s on Saturday .Stay in touch if your interested in RIDING
harvey

Old 08-22-2014, 06:47 PM
Redfish911
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Alan, 441 is OK but we take 40 West to 314a, then South to Ocklawaha and ride around the lake. Try Gator Joe's or Eaton Beach for eats and drinks. Kind of hilly (for Fla). Rode last spring and the orange blossoms were fragrant.

Old 08-27-2014, 04:14 PM
MyFirstHD
Road Master

Originally Posted by Redfish911
Just South of Crystal River off US 19 take 494 to the West. Great old Florida flora and fauna. Eat in Ozello. Also go North on US 19 to Otter Creek and turn West and ride to Cedar Key for lunch. Lots of treasures here. I live in Williston but still punch the clock. If Gainesville Harley is having an event I'm usually there at the beer tent. (Pouring)
Cedar Key was a great tip. I earned points with the wife on that one. It was empty today because kids are in school and everyone else is waiting for the holiday weekend. Had a great lunch and walked around town.

Thanks,
Alan

Quick Reply: New to Citrus County