The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Should Moderators crack down on Stupid, Irrelevant, Immature & Condescending replies?
Yes.
14.81%
No.
46.91%
Do not care.
38.27%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Stupid Ass Replies

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 02:04 PM
sfcmo357
Road Warrior
Received 152 Likes on 60 Posts
Default Is a question ever a silly question?

So, I'm at work and bored and browsing the forum. Sometimes, I find, what I think are silly questions....but I just keep browsing and find something I'd like to respond to instead of chiming in as a smart a@@ because I know that many are seeking real advice and opinions. But am I the only one who ever reads a question that just seems silly? The following are examples and they may not be real questions that were asked, but you'll get the idea.

Should I wash out the dirty bucket before using it to wash my Harley?
Should I wash my Harley in my grassy lawn or in the drive way?
Should I dry my Harley with steel wool or should I use a very nice terry cloth?
Is it OK to get dressed before I get on my Harley or should I mount first and then get dressed?
Can I use the same cleaning solutions on my Harley that I use on my car? (this one gets to me because I use the same products and they haven't melted my car or Harley)
Should I check my air pressure after riding my Harley for 100 miles in 100 degree temperature or should I let the tires cool first?

Should I check over my bike before this 2,000 mile trip (ummm--you don't look over your car before trips?)
Is it OK to put my socks in a zip loc bag or can I just tie them to the handlebar when packing?
Should I use my horn to wave at people or pull up beside them and stick my tongue out to get their attention?
Do I need to put my gas cap back on tight after fueling?
My handlebar is so loose, it's rotating 360 degrees---you think I should check this out?
My helmet is so tight, my eyes are popping out---is my helmet too tight?

OK I'm done. Instead of being a smart a@@ on others' posts...I've decided to do it in my own post. I'm just bored--I have 1 1/2 hours left in my work day and I'm seriously still confused as to some of the questions that get posted here. I'm sure some will laugh and post their own examples of silly questions and some may admonish me---either way--it's all good!

Do the lights in my garage harm the paint on my Harley Davidson?

Last edited by sfcmo357; 09-18-2014 at 02:35 PM.
Old 09-18-2014, 02:10 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Those are great questions! But the real question is "How long will this thread stay in the Touring section before the mod moves it to General Chat?

Old 09-18-2014, 02:15 PM
fireman9170
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

refer to my signature at the bottom

Old 09-18-2014, 02:20 PM
sfcmo357
Road Warrior
Received 152 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by soos
Those are great questions! But the real question is "How long will this thread stay in the Touring section before the mod moves it to General Chat?
u rte--didn't think about that---so addicted to the Touring section, I don't frequent the others much----ADMINS please move if u need to--I just love my Touring Section Fam

Last edited by sfcmo357; 09-18-2014 at 02:35 PM.
Old 09-18-2014, 02:24 PM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Only when it asks is asking a dumb question is dumb..lol.....I've read and asked a few that I thought later...wow that was really bright !

Old 09-18-2014, 02:29 PM
dribble
Grand HDF Member
Received 457 Likes on 248 Posts

Many silly questions

Old 09-18-2014, 02:45 PM
spider14043
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Who do you work for and why are you stealing from them by collecting a paycheck for doing nothing. I'd fire you and your supervisor. That would give you plenty of time to ride. Until you ran out of money.

Retired business owner.

Old 09-18-2014, 03:05 PM
roadking2014
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

when you really get bored check the stats on some of the questions to follow the theme.
Should I buy ____ or ____? followed by I wish I had bought ____. should I add ____ followed by I installed ____ and it doesnt work. I am smarter than the guy at the stealership. followed by My bike wont start after I changed the _____. what exhaust sounds the best. followed by I dont like the way the exhaust I bought sounds.
There's some really funny stuff on here.

Old 09-18-2014, 03:20 PM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 724 Likes on 483 Posts

It took 6 mins lol.. When I worked for the prison system in TX there were always pictures floating around with a very true saying "common sense isn't common" not everyone who gets a bike has a clue what they are doing. On the other hand say a guy get a bike and he asked a buddy about the tires pressure and that guys says do it when hot, later on down the road he mentions it and the nxt guy says do it when cool so then he comes here to get the general consensus on the issue. I'd much rather read stuff like that then the same question everyday about exhaust or is a high flow air cleaner will flow more than a stock set up.. Some people have no mechanical know how and others do it for a living.. This site is here for us to gather shoot the **** swap stores show pictures ask questions and sell goods to fellow riders.. So I'd say as long as a guy has a legit question it can be answered unless he's asking if he should pull the clutch lever before shifting to first gear or something in that case he or has no reason to be on a bike in the first place

Old 09-18-2014, 03:22 PM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,856 Likes on 1,287 Posts

Is the worm at the bottom of the bottle of tequila drunk?

Quick Reply: Stupid Ass Replies