General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Inner elbow tendon pain

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 08:52 AM
shankldu
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Inner elbow tendon pain

Hey guy have any of you experienced this from using the clutch over time ?

Old 07-28-2016, 09:01 AM
Back-n-Black
Road Warrior
Received 427 Likes on 229 Posts

I have pain on the outer side of my left elbow...
Was told to quit griping so hard.

Old 07-28-2016, 09:21 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,622 Posts

Yes...it's called "overwackingthepenis-itis" & is very hard to treat.

Seriously, I doubt your issue's bike riding related and it's best to see your Primary Care Physician for diagnosis/treatment. I venture to say...maybe 2% of our members are licensed practitioners...at best.

Old 07-28-2016, 09:23 AM
Back-n-Black
Road Warrior
Received 427 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceman24
Yes...it's called "overwackingthepenis-itis" & is very hard to treat.
If that was the case I would of been a cripple decades ago....

Old 07-28-2016, 11:03 AM
JohnMn
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 211 Posts

Medial epicondylitis, Golfers elbow, it's a form of tendonitis and can take a long time to heal. (tennis elbow is the outside)
Look it up for treatments, basically icing(gel packs) frequently and rest/stopping the action that's causing it.
It's an odd one for sure for a biker using his clutch, not saying it doesn't hurt but is there something else adding to the injury?
It could be you have your clutch handle in a poor position for your grip,, too far forward or down. Try loosening the screws and rotate the handle further up. That adjustment will not automatically stop the pain because the damage is already done and needs to heal, but you have to stop aggravating the injury.
I had a case of Lateral epicondylitis or tennis elbow many years ago,, I helped a friend build his house after work for a few weeks, he'd set-up and when I showed up all I did was swing a hammer nailing studs for hours,, it took about a year for the pain to stop when I did similar repetitive motion with the arm.

Old 07-28-2016, 11:15 AM
Bagger_Vance
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

I've had surgery for tennis elbow in both of mine. When I had my left done almost 2 years ago I bought a Clutchwiz (http://clutchwiz.com) and 37951-98 SE clutch spring for my '09 Street Glide. My motor is built so needed the extra pressure of the SE spring over the Police spring I have in it right now or else the clutch would slip. Once my elbow healed enough I went ahead and sold them both here in the touring parts section.

Old 07-28-2016, 11:27 AM
bettingpython
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 247 Likes on 198 Posts

You need to talk to your doctor. Mine is normally at the roof of the Cubital Fossa in the biceps tendon, it usually happens when I neglect to stretch and properly warm up before working my biceps at the gym, I'll feel it the next day normally on the bike.

In any case any kind of tendonitis requires rest, ice and anti inflammatory meds, there is very little blood flow to tendons so tendon damage takes a long time to heal.

Old 07-28-2016, 11:32 AM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 969 Likes on 732 Posts

Another vote for the Clutch Wiz. Any reduction of effort it takes to pull in the clutch will help, but you have to get to the underlying problem and treat it.

Old 07-28-2016, 11:59 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

Not yet...but I have other aches and pains but they weren't caused by riding. They hurt when I ride, if that's any consolation.

Old 07-28-2016, 12:38 PM
macafly
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What year and model is your ride? I think in about 2005 the moco went to a shorter clutch pull. I installed the HD EZ pull ***** and ramp system in my '03 and that, plus regular cable lubrication, made a huge difference. I have the longer pull clutch and lubing the cable is critical.
I've ridden a '93 Evo Heritage and that clutch was a bear to use, but I don't think the guy ever lubed his cable.

Quick Reply: Inner elbow tendon pain