The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MC membership

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 05:25 PM
Fletch19
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool MC membership

I am considering joining a Motorcycle Club and would like to know in evaluating many aspects of the club what also is reasonable in evaluating a clubs dues.

Old 11-30-2009, 05:45 PM
xFreebirdx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Let us know what you come up with.

Old 11-30-2009, 05:54 PM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 176 Posts

huh??

Old 11-30-2009, 06:01 PM
E. Flasso Hornman
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fletch19
I am considering joining a Motorcycle Club and would like to know in evaluating many aspects of the club what also is reasonable in evaluating a clubs dues.
Let's see...you give up everything...job, relationships, friends, family and then give up a year or more of your life to prospect, get patched in and then the money starts rolling in with all the methamphetamine, prostitution, and extortion/protection rackets you'll be part of. If you go to jail and don't squeal your bike will be parked safely for you. Sound like a good deal?

Or were you talking about joining a Riding Club?

Old 11-30-2009, 06:05 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,100 Likes on 1,023 Posts

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say RIDING CLUB!

Old 11-30-2009, 06:10 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by E. Flasso Hornman
Let's see...you give up everything...job, relationships, friends, family and then give up a year or more of your life to prospect, get patched in and then the money starts rolling in with all the methamphetamine, prostitution, and extortion/protection rackets you'll be part of. If you go to jail and don't squeal your bike will be parked safely for you. Sound like a good deal?

Or were you talking about joining a Riding Club?
obviously you get your Club education from watching SOA or from someone who's brothers sisters cousin knows a guy......

to the original poster only you know what is accetable to you as requirments for club membership or "dues", you will not likely get a correct answer here or from any forum for that matter. hang around one of the local clubs that interest you to get an idea of what goes on in that respective club. remember each club is differnt and has a differnt flow to it even differnt charters of a major club will interact with each other differntly then the rest of the charters.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:18 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

You don't "Join" a MC..

You might be allowed to 'hang around' a MC, and if you get to the point where that MC becomes the highest priority and most important thing in your life you might be allowed to go through a difficult 'prospect' period before you will even be considered for full membership.

It's a long process that most should not even consider, especially if they have questions or concerns right from the beginning.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:18 PM
E. Flasso Hornman
Banned

Originally Posted by NSCoyote
obviously you get your Club education from watching SOA or from someone who's brothers sisters cousin knows a guy......

to the original poster only you know what is accetable to you as requirments for club membership or "dues", you will not likely get a correct answer here or from any forum for that matter. hang around one of the local clubs that interest you to get an idea of what goes on in that respective club. remember each club is differnt and has a differnt flow to it even differnt charters of a major club will interact with each other differntly then the rest of the charters.
Sarcasm! That was sarcasm. I guess you know ALL about me better than I do don't you? I might have been in the life more years than you've been alive. I might not. I dunno. I don't know much about you either.

Oh...and E. Flasso Hornman...that's an assumed name. Don't want you to be confused over what you read..

Last edited by E. Flasso Hornman; 11-30-2009 at 06:22 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:20 PM
TittiesOnTwo
Road Master

I think the question is how much is what you get from your club worth to you? That is the type thing you find out from hanging around a club and prospecting.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:24 PM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member

Received 455 Likes on 245 Posts

Maybe.... instead of asking on a forum.... you talk to the club members.

For my nickle.... if you're asking on a forum... whatever kind of a club, you are looking at, it ain't for you.

Quick Reply: MC membership