The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Prospecting with the Black Pistons MC

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 09:03 AM
arealinvestor
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo
Things have been boring on the site for a few days so i couldnt help myself for starting this thread....Heh heh heh.......I have a friend that is prospecting with the black pistons and because of my assosiation with him, I have been around club members lately and went on a ride that ended up at the Outlaws MC clubhouse....While we were havin a few beers, my buddy suggests that maybe i should prospect with the pistons!!!.....Hmmm, I wasnt immediately for it or against it. Being part of a Brotherhood does have its appeal! A few days later i am reading about the Black Pistons online and learn that they are a support club for the Outlaws MC. I start doing internet searches to read more about the Outlaws. I read the expected LEO/LEA propaganda about Drugs....well I think drugs have a place in society. people have and always will get high (prohibition didnt work). GUN RUNNING....we have a right to own guns and the government has no business controling who has them....PROSTITUTION, Leave it to the religious police to say paying for getting laid should be a crime! Whatever Dude, every piece of *** costs something. try going out to dinner and a movie for under a $100 (but thats not prostitution...RIGHT!!!!) and the list goes on.....But if this fact is true, this is where being a member of a club that supports the Outlaws loses me.....I read that a major source of income for the outlaws comes from motorcycle theft. I could never support anyone that would steal another mans dream. I have stated before that my bike has brought me more joy than any women i have ever known. I understand the bond of club membership and the appeal it has to many but, the one thing that is a common thread to all almost all clubs is Harley ownership. you would think that they above all other people would understand the SACRED bond between a man and his harley.....To steal one is unforgivable!!!! PERIOD!!!
If your going to prospect why prospect for a club that pays for protection? If you want to join ,then join the Outlaws MC Club instead of joining the Black Pistons.Most support groups(if you want to call them that) are taken over by 1% clubs & the members pay for protection to keep the chapter open.Your dues don't go to Black Pistons they go to the Outlaws,or at least a large portion of the dues will go to them.When Black Pistons has a problem with another club they call the muscle(1%) in this case it would be the Outlaws!!! If you joing don't half step,go with what's real!!!

Old 12-21-2009, 09:13 AM
davescreation
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok so ALLEDGEDLY someone in a 1% club stole a bike. Does that mean all 1%ers steal bikes? Ok so all priests molest little kids and all politicians screw around on their wives. OP havent you heard the old saying 1 bad apple.....? It seems to me thats exactly what is screwed up with the media and the world in general. One act and everyone associated with the type has now got a bad rap. I never even heard of the black pistons till now. Maybe one guy stole a bike got caught and got the boot crom the club. cmon man we dont even know the particulars, and it sounds like you dont either. Prospect if you want to, but if you are as i read earlier a recovering meth addict, why would you want to prospect? does a recovering alchoholic still hang out at the bar cause he likes the hot wings? just my 2cents maybe im an idiot

Old 12-21-2009, 09:30 AM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You are a little backwards in your reasoning. Your explanation only works if the organization is not a criminal activity. Then it only works if you use, one honest person does not make the group honest.IT is not up to the members of a group to say if they are criminals or not. It is up to the government if they see them as criminals. Guilt by association, if you want to hang out with criminals then you area criminal, in our society.
I have nothing against motorcycle clubs of any kind. However, I do find it moronic to argue that groups that take pride in being criminals are not criminals.

Originally Posted by davescreation
ok so ALLEDGEDLY someone in a 1% club stole a bike. Does that mean all 1%ers steal bikes? Ok so all priests molest little kids and all politicians screw around on their wives. OP havent you heard the old saying 1 bad apple.....? It seems to me thats exactly what is screwed up with the media and the world in general. One act and everyone associated with the type has now got a bad rap. I never even heard of the black pistons till now. Maybe one guy stole a bike got caught and got the boot crom the club. cmon man we dont even know the particulars, and it sounds like you dont either. Prospect if you want to, but if you are as i read earlier a recovering meth addict, why would you want to prospect? does a recovering alchoholic still hang out at the bar cause he likes the hot wings? just my 2cents maybe im an idiot

Old 12-21-2009, 10:36 AM
PaleRearEnd
Banned

If you want guys to ride and hang around with that will have your back when times turn bad, do it... if not, no biggie.

Clubs are not for everyone.

we have over 40 MC's in AZ to choose from..

Old 12-21-2009, 12:40 PM
Roosterboots
"Utopian Overlord"

+1 on all the replies that say "don't jump to conclusions." You're assuming that the club deals in stolen bikes. Until you have PROOF, stay quiet. Until you have PROOF, stay straight. Until you have PROOF, stay polite.

When you finally have proof, remember this...I'm looking for a 2003 Blue and Silver Anniversary Edition Softail Heritage Classic with low mileage and a 95" conversion. Just sayin'...

Old 12-21-2009, 01:37 PM
T-Dub
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 12-21-2009, 02:39 PM
TW
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is definately the last place to ask advice about joining a real MC. I try not to comment that often about it, but I've seen some real misleading info on Clubs around here. If you're interested, then start out hanging around and getting to know the guys and what they're about. It should be awhile before Prospecting comes up, but these days, it seems like some clubs would rather combine the hang around/Prospecting phases. I know our Club still likes to take it slow- we don't trust just anybody.

All Clubs are different, and although I've been flying colors for 15 years, I don't profess to know it all.

A perfect fit between individual and Club is more rare than you think, so don't think that you'll be a shoe-in just because you may have been asked to Prospect.

While Club life can be very rewarding, I've seen it DEFINATELY not work out for guys on more than one occasion. Gut checking a Prospect can be fun, though, lol.

Last edited by TW; 12-21-2009 at 03:32 PM.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:43 PM
brutalbrad
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Johnny Bravo,
Aren't you the same guy that was was worried about getting your *** kicked (your words) for some giant HD patch you bought. You stated in that thread that you didn't realize the three piece patch issues. If u are so out of touch with the club world that you didn't know what would be right or wrong (or didn't have the ***** to wear it until warned) in that situation how the hell did you make the leap to prospecting for a 1% support club??

Also if you have not been asked to prospect for this club they might not appreciate you throughing around their club name and especially accusing the dominate 1% club they support of running "Prostition, Drugs, Guns and the crime of all crimes in your eyes stealing bikes."

Last edited by brutalbrad; 12-21-2009 at 02:46 PM.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:52 PM
SpoilSport
Outstanding HDF Member

Pretty sure they have members posting on this site already.

Old 12-21-2009, 02:59 PM
TW
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Definately...

Quick Reply: Prospecting with the Black Pistons MC