The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my beard

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 07:41 PM
Certainteed
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default my beard

i hate shaving so i always keep a bit of hair on my face. when i was young i trimmed regularly. now that i'm older, i care less, and let it grow on ocaision. i never let it go too long though.

a month before myrtle beach spring rally i trimmed and decided i wouldn't touch it again until i returned from the rally. and so i started sporting my "bike week beard".

well some lean times came and i couldn't go to bike week. so i decided to keep my bike week beard until i made it to a rally somewhere. anywhere.

now my beard is gotten pretty long and i look a helluva lot older than i am. and its driving me up the fckin wall. when i ride it wears my neck out. it collects all sorts of bugs. after a ride is gets bushed-out to the point that i look funny.

i'm going to two rallys this weekend and i can't wait to get home and shave this damned thing off.

my boss wants the beard gone. i told him to suck it up. so when there was a disagreement about who should get monday off work, the other guy got bumped off the vacation calendar because the boss really wants the beard to go away.

so after its gone i'll grow another

and the moral of this beard story is: there aint no morals in my beard.

Old 06-22-2010, 07:43 PM
Sefferdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 06-22-2010, 08:02 PM
AshMac
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bugs in the beard? Yuck, that alone should be a big enough reason to trim it.

Old 06-22-2010, 08:10 PM
chromedome09
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For most of my life I had real long hair and a beard. .. Yup bugs, and other stuff end up in it when your riding.

Old 06-22-2010, 08:38 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

i grew one that hung about 10 inches off my chin a few years back.

good on you for sticking it out.

fugg your boss haha

Old 06-22-2010, 09:17 PM
Barn Dog
6th Gear

I got a wild hair this w/e with my wife away and shaved mine. It's been 8 years and I'll be damned if I didn't find another chin under there. guess whats coming back this week.

Old 06-22-2010, 09:21 PM
jandlcars
Extreme HDF Member

Had mine 30 years been gone for 10 now
i still try to brush it some times

Old 06-22-2010, 09:37 PM
confederate
Most Wanted
Received 806 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by Certainteed
i hate shaving so i always keep a bit of hair on my face. when i was young i trimmed regularly. now that i'm older, i care less, and let it grow on ocaision. i never let it go too long though.

a month before myrtle beach spring rally i trimmed and decided i wouldn't touch it again until i returned from the rally. and so i started sporting my "bike week beard".

well some lean times came and i couldn't go to bike week. so i decided to keep my bike week beard until i made it to a rally somewhere. anywhere.

now my beard is gotten pretty long and i look a helluva lot older than i am. and its driving me up the fckin wall. when i ride it wears my neck out. it collects all sorts of bugs. after a ride is gets bushed-out to the point that i look funny.

i'm going to two rallys this weekend and i can't wait to get home and shave this damned thing off.

my boss wants the beard gone. i told him to suck it up. so when there was a disagreement about who should get monday off work, the other guy got bumped off the vacation calendar because the boss really wants the beard to go away.

so after its gone i'll grow another

and the moral of this beard story is: there aint no morals in my beard.

With all due respect, it's not the beard that makes you look funny. It's your penchant for taking bubble baths while wearing a fedora, that makes you look funny, and kind of fruity as well.

Old 06-23-2010, 12:01 AM
yankeeflyer72
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Long Beards are good for carrying concealed "Party Joints".... Usually one or 2 tucked along the sides at about the 'Chin Line'. If happen to be partaking and a glowing ember drops and you see smoke rising, time to start fannin' the beard. I don`t know this from 'First-Hand' experience but was told about it bout 35 or so years ago....

Old 06-23-2010, 08:07 AM
carlgrover
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,190 Likes on 1,266 Posts

I had a beard for quite a while but wound up having to shave it off. Wifey was complaining that her thighs were getting a rash on them.

Quick Reply: my beard