The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vest, Patchs Color.

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 05:53 AM
Soldat
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vest, Patchs Color.

Seen alot of threads on here about patchs on vests and alot of heat coming from the subject. Was wondering if the color of the patches would be a issue? The dominant MC around here is Vietnam / Legacy vets MC and i have a couple red & black patchs "but i am also in the military" and some white and black ones and even a yellow n black. Would anyone take offense to that? Prob a dumb question, just thought about it and was curious. heres a pic.

Old 09-07-2010, 06:31 AM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member

Received 455 Likes on 245 Posts

your patches shouldn't bother any one..... they are common off the shelf items you'll see on dozens or even thousands of vest/jackets.

Old 09-07-2010, 07:59 AM
TitoFTW
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'll be fine.
When in doubt, approach a local MC member (respectfully and at the appropriate time) and simply ask these questions. They're just guys like the rest of us, and they'll most likely be glad to talk to you and school you on the meanings of different things since you're new. It saves them the hassle of correcting people later. You might make a friend or two and find out about some parties or runs.

Old 09-07-2010, 08:13 AM
Snarly
Ultimate HDF Member

Your free to patch what you want.
The only thing I ever patched was an inner tube.

Old 09-07-2010, 08:33 AM
tx-skydiver
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I patch what I want...but do not do any 3 piece stuff. Mine all has meaning to me. 9-11, American flag, Patriod Guard, Masonic symbols, etc...Also a large HD patch with an eagle under a Texas flag on center back.

I am not concerned about offending anyone. I do not feel I am violating anyone's "territory" with it either...unless I am riding in Mexico or the middle east.

Old 09-07-2010, 08:36 AM
TerryFXST
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I've never understood the purpose of a vest other than for colors. I don't see much of a practical purpose.

Old 09-07-2010, 08:44 AM
Coolbreeze
Road Master

The term Colors means the three piece patch that is worn on the back of most MC's. If you are not sporting a three piece, none of us really give two ***** what color the patches you have are.
Good on you to ask this on a forum, because I would think a patched member would look at you like an idiot for even asking that question to them in person. Not saying you would get your *** beat, you would just be labeled as a retard every time they saw you afterwards lol! But what do I know, I am just a Probate at this point.

Old 09-07-2010, 08:51 AM
Coolbreeze
Road Master
Talking

Originally Posted by TerryFXST
I've never understood the purpose of a vest other than for colors. I don't see much of a practical purpose.
You can hide all kinds of neat stuff in the pockets of a vest! Hell, I consistently carry a carton of cigs, a pack of rolling papers, a couple of lighters, an alligator clip, a bottle opener, spare napkins, plastic forks, a beer coozie, extra ammo, a .45, a pair of brass knucks, a hawkbill knife, a roll of electrical tape, a small pair of pliers, a screwdriver, zip ties, a flattened roll of tp, and change for a $100 bill. I am sure there is something I left out lol!

Old 09-07-2010, 09:07 AM
TerryFXST
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I guess I'll be able to pick you out of a crowd. I'll just look for the guy staggering under the weight of his vest.

Old 09-07-2010, 09:46 AM
bigalv63
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey "Coolbreeze"....Lynard Skynard...is very OKAY in my book....Rock On !!! bigal v

Quick Reply: Vest, Patchs Color.