Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > General Harley Davidson Forums > General Harley Davidson Chat > The General B/S Forum
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search


The General B/S Forum Talk about your local show off joints, assless chaps, fingerless gloves, 30-minute Starbucks rides and all your black leather apparel. Harley T-shirts from all over the world welcome! The more the merrier. Discuss the newest bluetooth modular helmet and the brightest boogey lights.

Reply
 
 
 
P
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 10-18-2010, 11:56 AM
arcticharleyman's Avatar
arcticharleyman arcticharleyman is offline
Outstanding HDF Member
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Northern Canada
Posts: 2,127
Default Biker names

So, I've been riding since Jezzus was in diapers. I've met a lot of peeps with biker names, but when they are in the office, rarely do you hear the biker name used. What's up with that? Do they change their name like they change their duds...only becoming bikers ont he weekends, or what?
BTW...I always have...and always will call my wife Babe or Sweetheart, whether on or off the bikes. She calls me Honey (cuz I'm sweet).
__________________
Ride Safe.........
................or not at all. 2005 FLHRCI Black Cherry Pearl with some mods to make it fit me

http://www.yukonfrozntimephotography.com/#/page/home/
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-18-2010, 12:01 PM
TwiZted Biker's Avatar
TwiZted Biker TwiZted Biker is offline
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Niles Canyon Ca.
Posts: 25,793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticharleyman View Post
So, I've been riding since Jezzus was in diapers. I've met a lot of peeps with biker names, but when they are in the office, rarely do you hear the biker name used.



Oh boy I can hear it now , " Ah BlueBalls , where are those distribution reports you promised for today ? "
__________________
1972 93" ShovelSaurus Rex


If you haven't been to the edge your just a tourist in life's cheap seats .

When you think your day can't suck any worse remember somewhere somebodies job is making *****'s
.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-18-2010, 12:24 PM
Jack Straw's Avatar
Jack Straw Jack Straw is offline
Road Warrior
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NV
Posts: 1,904
Default

Depends on the job. Personally, I don't want or need the conservative morons I work with know anything (or as little as possible) about my personal life. If your insinuating that people that use their real names at work aren't real bikers...well, then you're wrong.




By the way....here's the Golden Rule of Nicknames (or bikernames):

Part 1: You cannot make up your own nickname. End of story.

How ****ing lame is that? Youíve heard it. Youíve seen it. LAME. You canít just decide one day what you think you should be called. Or, worse, what you think might be cool or whatever.

Only your friends (or enemies) and family can make up your nickname. If itís something you donít like, I suggest trying to be a better person. But either way, you have to live with it.


Part 2: You cannot demand people call you by your nickname.

Hippies and bikers are notorious for this ****. Two groups of people Iíve spent the majority of my adult life around. If your mother named you Joe, and your hippie friends call you Moonbeam, people you meet in the future have the choice of either calling you Joe or Moonbeam Ė their choice, not yours.

If your real name is Mary, and your biker nickname is Blondie, then people can call you either Mary or Blondie, you cannot demand people call you Blondie. This happened to me recently. A grizzled old biker couple I know had a little get together over at their house one summer afternoon. I was introduced to the hostess. She informed me that her real name was Mary, but everyone calls her Blondie.

Well, an hour or so later I need directions to the restroom, found the hostess and asked,

ďMary, which way to the bathroom?Ē

Mary (Blondie) replies sternly,

ďItís Blondie. The bathroom is over there.Ē

Iím thinking, ummmm...ahhhh, no it ainít bitch. Itís Mary. Your mother named you that, you just told me. And yeah, she mentioned everyone calls her Blondie, but Iím not everyone. Iím someone she just met. Iím a stranger. The way I look at it, I donít have the right nor reason to call her that. I donít know this woman. A nickname is something that close friends and family affectionately (most of the time) refer to you as. Itís derived from your actions or your personality or your appearanceÖnot by what you want people to call you.
__________________
-------------------
Keep on Truckin'


Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-18-2010, 12:30 PM
pretz's Avatar
pretz pretz is offline
Road Warrior
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 1,798
Default

I guess I'm stuck with F*ckstick...
__________________


"A youth with his first cigar makes himself sick; a youth with his first girl makes other people sick".

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-18-2010, 01:35 PM
scoteh's Avatar
scoteh scoteh is offline
Club Member
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: elsewhere
Posts: 22,589
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleabite View Post
Depends on the job. Personally, I don't want or need the conservative morons I work with know anything (or as little as possible) about my personal life. If your insinuating that people that use their real names at work aren't real bikers...well, then you're wrong.




By the way....here's the Golden Rule of Nicknames (or bikernames):

Part 1: You cannot make up your own nickname. End of story.

How ****ing lame is that? Youíve heard it. Youíve seen it. LAME. You canít just decide one day what you think you should be called. Or, worse, what you think might be cool or whatever.

Only your friends (or enemies) and family can make up your nickname. If itís something you donít like, I suggest trying to be a better person. But either way, you have to live with it.


Part 2: You cannot demand people call you by your nickname.

Hippies and bikers are notorious for this ****. Two groups of people Iíve spent the majority of my adult life around. If your mother named you Joe, and your hippie friends call you Moonbeam, people you meet in the future have the choice of either calling you Joe or Moonbeam Ė their choice, not yours.

If your real name is Mary, and your biker nickname is Blondie, then people can call you either Mary or Blondie, you cannot demand people call you Blondie. This happened to me recently. A grizzled old biker couple I know had a little get together over at their house one summer afternoon. I was introduced to the hostess. She informed me that her real name was Mary, but everyone calls her Blondie.

Well, an hour or so later I need directions to the restroom, found the hostess and asked,

ďMary, which way to the bathroom?Ē

Mary (Blondie) replies sternly,

ďItís Blondie. The bathroom is over there.Ē

Iím thinking, ummmm...ahhhh, no it ainít bitch. Itís Mary. Your mother named you that, you just told me. And yeah, she mentioned everyone calls her Blondie, but Iím not everyone. Iím someone she just met. Iím a stranger. The way I look at it, I donít have the right nor reason to call her that. I donít know this woman. A nickname is something that close friends and family affectionately (most of the time) refer to you as. Itís derived from your actions or your personality or your appearanceÖnot by what you want people to call you.
And, where did you come up with the "rules" for nicknames. My "rule" is that I call people what they want to be called. Sometimes mama and/or pappy weren't very good with their choice of a name. There are a lot of people I know of whom I have no idea what their given name is, and don't need to know. You can call me *******, and you won't be the first to do so! Or last either.
__________________

No we're not the jet set
We're the old Chevrolet set
There's no Riviera
In Festus, Missouri

George Jones & Tammy Wynette
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-18-2010, 02:34 PM
Big_Al47's Avatar
Big_Al47 Big_Al47 is offline
Ultimate HDF Member
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ft. Worth, TX
Posts: 5,291
Default

^^^
sorry, that nickname is taken already LOL
__________________
'04 H-D Road King Classic - Silver
K&N Air filter, SEPST, V&H Big Shot True Duals, Dyno Tune
Patriot Guard Rider # 197761
<a href=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v514/crushrr47/hdsig1.jpg target=_blank>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...r47/hdsig1.jpg</a>
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-18-2010, 02:43 PM
lo-rider's Avatar
lo-rider lo-rider is offline
Elite HDF Member
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Marina del Rey
Posts: 4,832
Smile

Sure glad "Dink-strap" is already taken.
__________________
lo-rider
'89 FXRS
'09 FXDC
'06 XL883C(1200)
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-18-2010, 03:09 PM
krwould's Avatar
krwould krwould is offline
Club Member
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On a hill among the hills, PA
Posts: 73,889
Default

I always liked "Booger" but no one would call me that! My nephew who is almost 30 now still uses the one given to me in the early 70's but threw uncle in front of it... there are maybe two other people who use it to this day or know it.. It is funny because thats the name he always heard growin up... must be gettin old.. Hehe!
__________________

ďRoll em fat, burn em slow, wear your shades so the boss don't know".
Ronnie Gunn
Holder of 23K in the "Thread of Knowledge"
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-18-2010, 03:27 PM
Jack Straw's Avatar
Jack Straw Jack Straw is offline
Road Warrior
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NV
Posts: 1,904
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoteh View Post
And, where did you come up with the "rules" for nicknames. My "rule" is that I call people what they want to be called. Sometimes mama and/or pappy weren't very good with their choice of a name. There are a lot of people I know of whom I have no idea what their given name is, and don't need to know. You can call me *******, and you won't be the first to do so! Or last either.
Ummm....read it again (or for the first time), the rule is....you can't make up your own nickname. You can call people whatever you want.
__________________
-------------------
Keep on Truckin'


Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-18-2010, 03:34 PM
bubbabear's Avatar
bubbabear bubbabear is offline
Road Captain
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Dacula, Ga
Posts: 698
Default

They call me Bubba at work and out riding.
__________________
If you don't ride a Harley, don't blame your wife for having a boyfriend who does!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 03:34 PM
 
 
 
P
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Road names? Deadbroke_bootleg Off Topic 50 08-08-2014 05:10 PM
t/j of bikers of the 70's tinker1 General Harley Davidson Chat 47 03-11-2012 08:21 PM
Whats your favorite biker movie? Sportsterd Off Topic 133 11-09-2009 10:07 PM
Does your bike have a name? DickGrayson Off Topic 29 04-24-2007 01:32 AM


Tags
biker, bikers, descriptive, guard, names, nicknames, patriot, riders, riding, road, ron, salad, tater, white, women


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Join HDForums

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory
Sponsors

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:36 AM.


© Internet Brands, Inc.