The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rat Rod bikes? I know, I'ma paint my bike flat black with red wheels.

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 01:32 AM
The Guardian
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last TRUE rat I saw had ****ing handlebars made out of an old 50's lawn chair.

Old 11-27-2011, 02:12 PM
RoaringRigid
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,864 Likes on 1,016 Posts

Originally Posted by alkay191
I've been lucky with all 3 Shovels. My '77 FX was unstopable and the '83 I rode hard and put away wet with no issues. This '81 that I got now had issues caused by neglect of previous owners, but since I've straightened most of them out, its been a great bike. I can let it sit for weeks and it lights up with 3-4 kicks. Never more than 2 kicks hot ...
good thing too, cause I'm getting to that 10 kick limit before I need a beer and a nap.
Most of my electrical issues were on Brit bikes, so I learned early on to rip out old wiring harnes and wire it up fresh and new ....

Totally snaggin that diagram thanks man that is killer.

Old 11-27-2011, 07:44 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by RoaringRigid
Totally snaggin that diagram thanks man that is killer.
Thats how I wire my HD and Triumphs except horn and dimmer. I usually just run headlights on high beam and just switch the wires if it burns out, so I can get home on low beam.
"back in the day" I used to wire a toggle switch to the tail light .... to be able to turn it OFF if needed.

Old 11-27-2011, 08:19 PM
55chevy
Cruiser

Like I said, I am not scared, there comes a time when real people need to take a stand and show they're not scared of criminals, common thugs, what are you afraid of, thugs, common criminals? Hehe my dumba$$ TUI

Last edited by 55chevy; 11-28-2011 at 08:29 PM.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:26 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by 55chevy
Like I said, I am not scared, there comes a time when real people need to take a stand and show they're not scared of criminals, common thugs, what are you afraid of, thugs, common criminals? Bring your Motor Cycle club over and kick my *** because I say you are thugs, crooks, common criminals, but my brothers from the hood will be here to welcome you.
WTF are you talking about and why?

Old 11-27-2011, 08:44 PM
Chunk
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by The Guardian
Last TRUE rat I saw had ****ing handlebars made out of an old 50's lawn chair.
I saw the last of the 70's & caught what was left of the cruisin years in the 80's---

I would have enjoyed sittin a lawn chair in the 50's
All the chopped, channeled, frenched, rolled, & lowered buckets, sedans coupes in & out of the hot spots in town...Plus all the bikers making noise w/ their coolest bobber I probably could have died a very happy old man in them days

Old 11-27-2011, 09:14 PM
Chunk
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Completely! Stand around throwin rocks @ autos in front of the local pizza joint, duh!

Old 11-27-2011, 09:14 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,922 Likes on 17,475 Posts

Thats how I wire my HD and Triumphs except horn and dimmer. I usually just run headlights on high beam and just switch the wires if it burns out, so I can get home on low beam.
"back in the day" I used to wire a toggle switch to the tail light .... to be able to turn it OFF if needed.
Had one of those wired on a hotrod BSA I had way back when , a member of the boys in blue found it while doing a "routine " equipment check on the side of the road . I got good round of the old back seat slap around for that .

Old 11-27-2011, 09:20 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Had one of those wired on a hotrod BSA I had way back when , a member of the boys in blue found it while doing a "routine " equipment check on the side of the road . I got good round of the old back seat slap around for that .
I hear ya...
been "tuned up" with a mag light once or twice too ....
the good old days

Old 11-27-2011, 09:25 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,922 Likes on 17,475 Posts

Originally Posted by pococj
Rat bikes happen, they aren't built. Exception to the rule: Bike built with whatever old stuff is laying around.
Truer words never been spoken , amen .

yep.
even back in '89, I tore apart my brand new Heritage and rebuilt it with '73 FLH headlight nacelle and hinged fender off of my bro's bike along with hard bags and BatWing off my '83FLH Po-Po
it was the only softail framed, birch white bagger around back then ...

btw, here's a good example of "cobbled from parts" rat bike
That's called expedient engineering in politically correct speak , just so we don't lose the 4 yr boys in here they don't have any understanding of backyard bikes .

Originally Posted by 55chevy
Like I said, I am not scared, there comes a time when real people need to take a stand and show they're not scared of criminals, common thugs, what are you afraid of, thugs, common criminals? Bring your Motor Cycle club over and kick my *** because I say you are thugs, crooks, common criminals, but my brothers from the hood will be here to welcome you.
Who pissed in your beer ?

Quick Reply: Rat Rod bikes? I know, I'ma paint my bike flat black with red wheels.