The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Waving at scooters

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 09:25 AM
Black Sunshine
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Waving at scooters

in georgia where I have done most of my riding it was very rare for two bikes, of any type, to pass and the riders not give each other a wave. this was one of the things about riding and riders that I always liked. all things aside at least we have the most important thing in common, our bikes.

since I moved here to orlando I have noticed that things are VERY different. maybe it's that there are far more bikes down here and more people who are riding for transportation and not for pleasure, maybe it's that there are far more ******** per capita in orlando than in central georga, maybe the wave does not translate well into spanish, who the hell knows. but more often than not I will give an arm down wave and people will just ride by. ok, whatever, I'm cool with that, even though it does make you feel a little silly for making the effort.

but what really PISSES me off is scooters. a motorcycle is a motorcycle in my opinion, street bike, gold wing, enduro, harley.... all riden by riders and deserving of a wave or a nod. but a scooter is NOT a motorcycle, it's a scooter. they're the things that fat chicks and posers rent at the beach. and, call me an *** but I have no feeling of connection with some dweeb on a scooter. used to be they were easy to spot and looked like scooters. now they are designing these stupid things to look like street bikes. the front ends look just like a a hyabusa or an r1 or some other metric bike when they ride up to you. problem is you can't tell untill you pass them what they are. I know this is silly but it bothers me. every time I get tricked and give one a a wave I feel like one more hair falls off my *****.

thanks for listening. I feel better now. lol

Old 08-27-2012, 10:09 AM
honestbob
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wave at everyone, bikes, scooters, cages, semis. Hell I sometimes even wave at cows. That's the difference between rural and city riders. Hell I don't mind losing my ball hair. Sorry about your getting "TRICKED" into waving to an undeserving rider in a lower class then yourself. I hope you recover from this ordeal!

Old 08-27-2012, 10:18 AM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 163 Likes on 112 Posts

Here in Jersey we'd nick name you Baldy *****!

Old 08-27-2012, 10:21 AM
Black Sunshine
Cruiser

i think that a cow on a scooter would be worth waving at.

Old 08-27-2012, 10:25 AM
honestbob
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by jeffreydsilver
Here in Jersey we'd nick name you Baldy *****!
C'mon J, give the guy a break. I mean he has been through an ordeal being tricked into waving at a lowly scooter. He might require therapy (not to mention a visit to Hair Club for Men for a hair transplant!(:

Old 08-27-2012, 10:39 AM
Leftcoaster
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I like to wave so much that......... I park my bike in front of a mirror and wave at myself.

Usually get pissed at all the waving and end up giving myself the finger.

I always smile and wave right back though.

Last edited by Leftcoaster; 08-27-2012 at 02:28 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:12 AM
god61021
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i wave at everyone or atleast nod to everyone i make eye contact with, whether im riding,driving,walking, sittin in a lawn chair out front. cuz i figure if you make eye contact you either acknowledge folks in a friendly manner or you ignore them like you got a problem with em. I prefer friendly. also I shave my ***** on purpose, lotta females dont like all the hair in their mouth. if it all fell out that sure would be handy.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:21 AM
Shakeydeal
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Black Sunshine
in georgia where I have done most of my riding it was very rare for two bikes, of any type, to pass and the riders not give each other a wave. this was one of the things about riding and riders that I always liked. all things aside at least we have the most important thing in common, our bikes.

since I moved here to orlando I have noticed that things are VERY different. maybe it's that there are far more bikes down here and more people who are riding for transportation and not for pleasure, maybe it's that there are far more ******** per capita in orlando than in central georga, maybe the wave does not translate well into spanish, who the hell knows. but more often than not I will give an arm down wave and people will just ride by. ok, whatever, I'm cool with that, even though it does make you feel a little silly for making the effort.

but what really PISSES me off is scooters. a motorcycle is a motorcycle in my opinion, street bike, gold wing, enduro, harley.... all riden by riders and deserving of a wave or a nod. but a scooter is NOT a motorcycle, it's a scooter. they're the things that fat chicks and posers rent at the beach. and, call me an *** but I have no feeling of connection with some dweeb on a scooter. used to be they were easy to spot and looked like scooters. now they are designing these stupid things to look like street bikes. the front ends look just like a a hyabusa or an r1 or some other metric bike when they ride up to you. problem is you can't tell untill you pass them what they are. I know this is silly but it bothers me. every time I get tricked and give one a a wave I feel like one more hair falls off my *****.

thanks for listening. I feel better now. lol
Seriously?

So this is what this forum has devolved into? If you feel compelled to start threads like this, you belong on the scooter.....

Shakey

Old 08-27-2012, 11:49 AM
Black Sunshine
Cruiser

Seriously?

So this is what this forum has devolved into? If you feel compelled to start threads like this, you belong on the scooter.....

Shakey
I sincerely apologise for any offence taken as a result of my expression of opinion in the BS forum.

Old 08-27-2012, 12:41 PM
patrickd
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Um okaaaaay..you're an ***. You told me to say it!

I know exactly what you mean though, the new scooters look just like crotch rockets from the front. I wave at them though then feel like such an unworthy clown when they don't wave back. Arrogant scoot riding sumbatches!

Wave don't wave who cares?

Quick Reply: Waving at scooters