The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who upgraded their seat for comfort? Mutang seat worth the money?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 07:57 AM
AmericanMuscle
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who upgraded their seat for comfort? Mutang seat worth the money?

I have a 2012 Fatboy with a decent seat. How much more comfortable is an aftermarket seat? Are Mustang seats the most comfortable?

Old 11-08-2012, 08:23 AM
Turbinesaint
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a Mustang seat on my Nightster and it's comfortable. I would say an upgrade over the stock seat. However, I feel like I'm sitting on the bike now instead of in it (if that makes sense).

Old 11-08-2012, 08:50 AM
coltsfan
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbinesaint
I have a Mustang seat on my Nightster and it's comfortable. I would say an upgrade over the stock seat. However, I feel like I'm sitting on the bike now instead of in it (if that makes sense).
That makes perfect sense. the more comfortable the seat the higher and farther forward you'll sit. it's best to have mutliple seats, I won't ride from Indy to Florida on the same seat that I ride around town on.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:41 AM
patrickd
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went from a stock seat to a Tallboy seat but that was more of a function thing. Pretty sure when I go on a long trip I'll be adding a sheepskin seat cover.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:19 AM
glock221
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I went from a stock Fatboy seat to a Corbin and a Mustang. I use the Corbin for 5 ir more hours. I use the mustang for anything under 5. Others will prefer the opposite of what I just stated. Only your butt will tell you.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:23 AM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

Seats are a very personal item as everyone's azz is different. I like C&C seats over mustang as they are custom made to your specs and I find them quite comfortable, however what I like may not be what you like. The only way to really find out is to get one.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:54 AM
oakley24_48
Intermediate

I put a Mustang Vintage 2piece on my 11 wide Glide, Must say its way more comfortable that the stock. It's bigger on the bike than I like but the wife says she can handle it better that the cheap azz passenger pillow it comes with.

If you at a rally somewhere, There are seat vendors just about everywhere, I would find one you like and have them put it on the bike to see if you like it.

Old 11-08-2012, 12:01 PM
justplainjim
Intermediate

I've had a Mustang and currently have a Corbin. Both are really good seats. The Corbin takes a few miles to break in but I like the fact that the seating area is leather.
Also check out Mean City Cycles. They can personalize your OEM seat just for your body type. I've used them too with great results..

Old 11-08-2012, 01:29 PM
vudulou
Cruiser

I have a Dyna Glide and went from stock to Mustang "Day Tripper" and my *** is happy...

Old 11-08-2012, 02:44 PM
Gruamach
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

On the Touring end of things, I replaced the stock Streetglide seat with a Mustang Vintage Solo and absolutely love it.

I've done 8-12 hour days on it with zero problems at all.

But avoid the Daytripper seat. Those suck. Well, never got any decent amount of time on the Daytripper I bought, because I couldn't stand the way it felt like I was going to go sliding off the back of it every time I touched the throttle. (no offense to Vudulou...or his ***)

But the Vintage Solo is by far the best seat I've ever been on, for any bike/model.

Quick Reply: Who upgraded their seat for comfort? Mutang seat worth the money?