The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LE Clubs?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 09:50 AM
DudeReally
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LE Clubs?

Before I start I want to apologize for such a long post!

Ok so the other day I was at a local bar out in Contra Costa County, Northern California. I seen some bikes outside and when I walked in I seen a bunch of guys with cuts on. So the nosey person that I am I walked over to the bar to order a drink, and their cuts said Watchmen with LE cube and bottom rocker said California. I thought to myself WTF California bottom rocker huh?

Now I've been around and been to numerous MC events, you know the typical ones. Toy runs, poker runs BBQ's the whole nine. An I've been around all types of clubs from your regular family clubs, sport bike clubs, women clubs, black clubs and even 1%er clubs. An all my interactions with these people have always been one of much respect. For the most part most club members will introduce themselves, shake your hand and even from time to time give you a hug (little much for me personally) but always respectful.

These guys on the other hand stood around acting like the biggest bunch of ********* I've ever seen. They acted like there **** didn't stink and man did they think they were some tough guys. Giving their mean looks to every and anyone looking their way trying to intimidate anyone they could.

So while sitting there having a drink, I started to look these guys up (love my smart phone always comes in handy). At first I was unsure of the whole LE cube because I've never seen it. So after some basic research I found their website, and what do you know it's a Law Enforcement club! So I thought to myself why the **** would a LE club wearing a California bottom rocker, dress like 1%ers, have bikes that look like they came straight off the set of SOA, have prospects, hangarounds from what could tell and yet they HATE everything that 1%ers and MC club members stand for?

So they follow most MC protocols, they call their club a brotherhood, they make members do the whole hangaround prospect thing, they wear a 3 piece patch and yes they claim a territory by wear that California rocker. So how are they different then any other club or 1%er club? What they aren't considered thugs or gang members because they wear a ****ing badge for their day jobs? If thats why then thats some real bullshit, because we ALL know that cops have been charged with the same types of crimes that MC clubs have been charged with.

IMO these LE clubs want to dress the part, act the part but don't want to be looked at like 1%ers and get the same stereotype. They hide behind that badge so that they can roll around looking like a club, because there is no way that the general population will see them rolling down the street and NOT THINK they are just another MOTORCYCLE GANG. These guys IMO are pathetic and are just playing dress up, they can do whatever they want and get away with it because they belong to the biggest gang in the America, the PD!

They make the MC world look worse then the Laughing Devils! What a ****ing joke!

Last but not least, I have a Co-worker who was a patch member of sister club to a LE club based out of Oakland California. She ended up leaving the club because in her own words they acted to much like SOA! She even described a situation in which they were riding with this LE club across the Bay Bridge and a car moved over in their lane. I guess one of the members felt they were cut off so he chased the car down and started kicking the car door. She said she thought to herself, "An your a Police Officer" Shortly after she left the club.

Some tough guys I tell you! Funny thing is they can hide behind that badge and get away with it!

Old 08-08-2013, 09:56 AM
FNGonaRK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,651 Likes on 2,672 Posts

So did you explain all of this to them?

Old 08-08-2013, 10:01 AM
Suntower
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Of all the MC/LEO posts I've ever read on this board... this is definitely one of them.

Old 08-08-2013, 10:08 AM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe the bartender served them pickled sausages that went bad and what you took for their war face was upset stomachs.

Old 08-08-2013, 10:15 AM
DudeReally
Intermediate

Originally Posted by FNGonaRK
So did you explain all of this to them?
So I guess I must be a bi@tch because I didn't say it straight to their face right? So you want me to tell a wannabe 1%er playing dress up that their club is a joke, knowing that by law they can carry a weapon? That they would most likely get all butt hurt, knowing that they are in fact a joke, and start a fight and then claim self defense or even worse use that weapon they most likely are caring. We all know how that would work our for me and my buddies in court, I mean they are cops right? Or our they? Seems to me they want to play both sides of the fence. I'm guessing that you must be one of them playing dress up and thats why you are getting butt hurt!

Originally Posted by Suntower
Of all the MC/LEO posts I've ever read on this board... this is definitely one of them.
Hopefully thats a good thing!

Old 08-08-2013, 10:18 AM
DudeReally
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Kowan
Maybe the bartender served them pickled sausages that went bad and what you took for their war face was upset stomachs.
dammit why didn't I think of that first!

Old 08-08-2013, 10:20 AM
XKnight
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DudeReally
Before I start I want to apologize for such a long post!
I'm trying to forgive you, but I'm not sure I can find it in my heart to do so.

Old 08-08-2013, 10:21 AM
Justin327
Cruiser

I get the idea why the LEMC's exist. I mean why shouldn't they be allowed to form a group and ride...hell, every organization you an think of has a group, or club that rides.

What I don't get, and what pisses me off, are the LEMC's who, as the OP described pretend to be outlaws and play dress up, all the time trying to look tough.....But God forbid you step up to one of them, then immediately it's hide behind badge and gun. I've seen these guys first hand....someone steps up "whoa..hey, I'm a cop" is the first thing out of their mouths.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not grouping the whole LE motorcycle community in with the tough guy cops (Example, I've never seen a Blue Knight member act like that). But seriously, if these guys took the LE off of their vests and pulled their nonsense, I'm sure they would have a lot more run-ins than they do.

Old 08-08-2013, 10:24 AM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

For some reason I have never figured out the reasoning behind some LEOs, other I understand but some are just not "right". I have worked with a lot of them from State to backwoods.

I've wondered how some of them have passed the psych-eval

Old 08-08-2013, 10:26 AM
Justin327
Cruiser

Originally Posted by firefighter616
I've wondered how some of them have passed the psych-eval
Give a guy a badge and it changes them.....power corrupts.

Quick Reply: LE Clubs?