The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy American

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 04:40 PM
jasonbum
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Buy American

We all love American bikes. I started on a Harley when I was 25, have owned Victory, and now back to Harley. I have ridden Japanese and they make great bikes, however there is nothing like the feeling of riding an American machine.
When I make my pilgrimage into the HD dealership, I am disgusted as a look at the tags. I have been doing this for a while but figured that HD would turn around finally and start supporting American made products to slap their name on. I do not buy ANY HD crap after seeing these labels - China, Indonesia, Bangladesh- holy ****!!! Harley Davidson is one of the biggest American Flag waiving companies out there- shame,shame.
Time to wake up. Look at the labels on everthing- you are paying good money for cheaply produced **** with HD label. I try to look at all labels. Another flag waiving company just for example is Levis- look at label= made in Indonesia. WTF. Macy's charges $49.99 ON SALE!! You can buy American made jeans for guess how much= $48.99 right here: http://www.allamericanclothing.com/m...sa/AA101D.html
I am not promoting this company, just giving example.
Check out this website, amazing how many things are still manufactured in the USA : http://www.americansworking.com/
We are all responsible for work being shipped out of this country .

Old 09-19-2013, 04:44 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,039 Likes on 3,711 Posts

Oh man.......here we go again!!

Old 09-19-2013, 05:06 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,515 Likes on 6,271 Posts

Right on, bro! I bought an American made HD Tshirt at Zip's in Mackinaw City this summer.So they are still out there.
Izzo you might not like these threads, but taxes on American jobs, pay your USPS pension. No jobs, no pension.
I do know a lot of people in WI that are HD suppliers, so there must be more domestic content then the naysayers give them credit for.

Old 09-19-2013, 05:28 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 615 Likes on 384 Posts

You'll have to roll your own.

Old 09-19-2013, 05:32 PM
schlacker
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Just to be devil's advocate-just because a product is made overseas doesn't necessarily mean it's a cheap product, it can very well be a great product, just made cheaper! Flame suit on!

Old 09-19-2013, 06:30 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Received 704 Likes on 467 Posts

Not everything made in America is a better product. The American auto industry proves that. I know of many American made products That are inferior. That said, if there is a high quality product made here that's competitive in price, I'm willing to buy it. Like Grado headphones.

Old 09-19-2013, 07:00 PM
mainboom150
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I buy german if its not American . and that clothing company makes some pretty good stuff I have bought from them before

Old 09-19-2013, 08:56 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

Jason...how about stop looking at the labels? Or get your clothes somewhere else. That way you can save yourself a lot of grief and sleep better at night.

As long as other countries will make things cheaper, companies bill buy them. Like our company, we sell both American and Chinese bearings. The American ones are easily 3x the cost of the Chinese ones. But, we sell an equal amount of each.

Old 09-19-2013, 09:36 PM
jasonbum
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not bashing or knocking all overseas stuff. Even though I buy the stuff too, I am not happy that I am almost forced to. There is some really high quality stuff made in other countries. It is a hell of a lot easier not to care. By not caring we are losing more jobs.

Old 09-19-2013, 11:00 PM
TXSwede
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry, I am going to buy whatever I want from wherever its made. The global economy is getting to the point where money still makes it into American pockets if the product is manufactured here, sent overseas to be manufactured, parts made overseas and put together here, the company is American owned but made elsewhere but sold here... etc. Screw it, The vast majority of my American earned money stays in America, if I somehow manage to slip China, or Mexico or Bangladesh a couple bucks in the process of buying something in America with my American earned American money, so be it! I don't feel "shamed".

Quick Reply: Buy American