"The Georgia Crew" This is the home of "The Georgia Crew," a place to hang out and have fun!

Daytona Bike Week 2015

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 04:24 PM
HDMSB80
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daytona Bike Week 2015

Who's all gonna make the trip to Daytona this year?

Old 01-21-2015, 10:51 AM
JohnMB
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey HDMSB80 I am gonna try to go this year I went 41 years in a row but I miss the last 3 due to health issues but this year Lord willing I am going.

Old 01-21-2015, 11:54 AM
BigMike
Club Member
Received 1,570 Likes on 674 Posts

I'm heading down Monday the 9th and leaving Saturday the 14th. I'm whoring my Softail down there behind my Jeep.

Old 01-26-2015, 06:59 PM
DHubbs
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Im sorta kickin the idea around. Got a west coast ride planed this summer. Donno if I wanna do both or not yet. Y'all ride safe!

Old 01-27-2015, 10:16 PM
gghostrrider
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Planning on going. This would be my first trip, can anyone reccommend a hotel? Should I look for hotels in Daytona or some outlying area that may be cheaper quieter? Are any days considered better than others in terms of vendors? Also I've never ridden this far.

Old 01-30-2015, 07:44 AM
JohnMB
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

gghostrrider, Perrys Ocean Edge is a good place to stay.Its on A1A about 2 miles south of Mainstreet. I always go for the last weekend.

Old 01-30-2015, 07:55 AM
ramblin5
Road Master

Received 217 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by HDMSB80
Who's all gonna make the trip to Daytona this year?
Riding down to the Everglades on the 6th to visit some folks and then ride back up and catch a couple of days at Daytona on the 8th-10th. Staying at an old '50s style motel on A1A in Flagler beach. Love the early morning oceanview ride from Flagler to Daytona.

Old 01-31-2015, 08:33 AM
GAZippoman
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ramblin5
Riding down to the Everglades on the 6th to visit some folks and then ride back up and catch a couple of days at Daytona on the 8th-10th. Staying at an old '50s style motel on A1A in Flagler beach. Love the early morning oceanview ride from Flagler to Daytona.
I hope you're not staying at the Lazy Hours in Flagler beach. we stayed there 2 years ago for Bike week. Got their "suite"....
I had to take the paper towel dowel off the wall and cut it to wedge into the window to secure it. Had it's own "water heater", was 2.5 gallons, not enough for both my wife and I to shower without running out of water. Refridgerator wouldn't get cold enough to put a chill on anything. Bought beach towels to build curtains as windows didn't even have shades.

Flagler great area, but stay away from this mom and pop dump.

Old 01-31-2015, 02:50 PM
ramblin5
Road Master

Received 217 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by GAZippoman
I hope you're not staying at the Lazy Hours in Flagler beach. we stayed there 2 years ago for Bike week. Got their "suite"....
I had to take the paper towel dowel off the wall and cut it to wedge into the window to secure it. Had it's own "water heater", was 2.5 gallons, not enough for both my wife and I to shower without running out of water. Refridgerator wouldn't get cold enough to put a chill on anything. Bought beach towels to build curtains as windows didn't even have shades.

Flagler great area, but stay away from this mom and pop dump.
Yep, that's where I'm staying. They did some remodeling after you were there. My wife and I stayed there last year for bikeweek and the room was fine. And the view was great. Couldn't beat it for the money. Now there is a place about 1/4 mile on up the road toward the pier that really is a dump. I stayed there a few years ago and that was a mistake. They've changed hands and names and I can't recall the name now. But that is one place to stay away from.

Old 01-31-2015, 08:53 PM
jkoch09ultra
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Twice a year for 10 years I have gone to Daytona (BW and Biketoberfest). First 2 years I stayed in Sanford for about $65 a night. Next 8 years I camped at the Cabbage Patch for $10 a night. Usually go the last week. Party like a rock star than walk across the road and fall into my tent. Partied with Brits, Germans, Canadians and people from all over the world next to the camp fire. Always a great time and don't have to drive after the party.

Quick Reply: Daytona Bike Week 2015