"The Georgia Crew" This is the home of "The Georgia Crew," a place to hang out and have fun!

Help Harleybelle decide

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 10:05 PM
horseplay
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Help Harleybelle decide

So HB wants some saddlebags for her new softail. I personally do not like saddlebags on the softail standard but love the swingarm bag for the lh side. She likes big saddlebags so she can put her makeup, hairbrushes, hairdryers and other things she doesn't need on a motorcycle! Kidding, she is really just worried about raingear and essentials. I told her she could do the swing arm bag and if she gets to the point where she is riding without me maybe get one of those quick disconnect sissy bars and a bag to slide on and off of it. It will be rare that she is not riding at the same time as me so she still has very nice storage options on my geezerglide.

Whats everyone think, traditional leather saddlebags

or swingarm bag for essentials and the sissybar option?

Old 02-11-2012, 10:29 PM
blkrkg11
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Swingarm bag for essentials and the sissybar option.

Old 02-11-2012, 10:38 PM
NorthGeorgiaHawg
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by blkrkg11
Swingarm bag for essentials and the sissybar option.
I agree. The swing arm bags look MUCH better... it's all about "The Line" on Softails. But even better is only the sissy bar bag - so you don't cover up that beautiful ST rear end at all!

Old 02-12-2012, 07:21 AM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well....just to keep stirring ideas here..... I had a cool little bag that I mounted to my removable luggage rack. Here's a couple of pics:

I never liked my backrest pad (too wide, too tall).... but it was for comfort. The whole thing back there was on a quick-disconnect so I could strip-down pretty quick.

The bag is a "Boss Bag". They make all sizes and configurations, along with lots of finish choices. I got everything two people normally brought for a day-outing. Patti's mini-purse, some extra sun screen, glasses, camera, and room for a couple of bottled waters. Room left over to stuff a new T-shirt in there if you found a cool one.

If ya head towards a swing-arm bag, check your new lean-over allowance. Those bags can get scrubbed in the twisties.

Old 02-12-2012, 07:45 AM
horseplay
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is the idea I proposed yesterday! She has the bracket already on each side for a quick release, only takes a 2nd to pop the rack on and poof, she's off in the wind!

I love bags on certain bikes but on a softail or fatboy they look so much better without!!

That bag is perfect size too!

Originally Posted by PoorBoy
Well....just to keep stirring ideas here..... I had a cool little bag that I mounted to my removable luggage rack. Here's a couple of pics:

I never liked my backrest pad (too wide, too tall).... but it was for comfort. The whole thing back there was on a quick-disconnect so I could strip-down pretty quick.

The bag is a "Boss Bag". They make all sizes and configurations, along with lots of finish choices. I got everything two people normally brought for a day-outing. Patti's mini-purse, some extra sun screen, glasses, camera, and room for a couple of bottled waters. Room left over to stuff a new T-shirt in there if you found a cool one.

If ya head towards a swing-arm bag, check your new lean-over allowance. Those bags can get scrubbed in the twisties.

Old 02-12-2012, 08:18 AM
Michael HD Rider
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My vote goes for what Paul used. Seems like you can have a lot of options to choose what size you want for all the make-up and beauty supplies. You might be able to find one with a pop-up vanity mirror.

Mary Poppins got a crap load of stuff in her bag, maybe Dawn can too.

Last edited by Michael HD Rider; 02-12-2012 at 08:21 AM.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:24 AM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Here's a better photo of the Boss Bag. It really became my little "trunk". Also poking through in this photo was my little overnight bag that also acted as a nice backrest. I could get a complete change of clothes, my rain suit, extra 9mm magazines, a box of ammo, and a bottle of Jack Daniels loaded in no time. Ready to hit all but about 4 states. LOL

Old 02-12-2012, 11:21 AM
dyna105
Road Master
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Been checking the roll bags out on Amazon. Found better pricing there than on ebay. We don't have the stores like yall do down there. I have to agree with most,saddle bags would take some of the style away.

Old 02-13-2012, 05:45 PM
harleybelle
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think Horses@$$, I mean horseplay painted the wrong image of me. I wanted something to keep necessities in, of my very own. But to him hear him tell it, I am a sissy girl, that won't be aloud out of the garage without a big strong man to help me ... and then theres Michael's comment about Mary Poppins...keep it up boys.....yall are hilarious!!

Old 02-13-2012, 05:50 PM
blueyz0416
Now with God. Love you baby... -Wiz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'd go with the bag Paul had for sure (or one like it). Are you going to put a windshield on the bike? If so, maybe a small windshield bag too. No saddle bags would be my preference for sure, but it's HB's ride

Quick Reply: Help Harleybelle decide