"The Georgia Crew" This is the home of "The Georgia Crew," a place to hang out and have fun!

Georgia Info Needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 09:58 AM
CB024
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Georgia Info Needed

Hello guys & gals. I need info on typical Georgia weather in late December early January. My wife has family out there that she hasn’t seen in about 3 years. She wants to go back for Christmas & new years this year so I can finally meet them all.

I'm thinking about trailering my bike out so I can do some riding while we are there for the 2 weeks. We ride year round in Arizona but not sure about you Georgia guys.

Do you guys ride in the winter or is it too cold? Does Georgia require helmets? Anything else I need to know about Georgia?

Thanks in advance.

Old 09-28-2012, 12:18 PM
horseplay
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We ride in the winter. Never know. If the weather willbecold ang gloomy or sunny and mild. I have ridden a jet ski on Christmas day before. Helmets required.
Originally Posted by CB024
Hello guys & gals. I need info on typical Georgia weather in late December early January. My wife has family out there that she hasn’t seen in about 3 years. She wants to go back for Christmas & new years this year so I can finally meet them all.

I'm thinking about trailering my bike out so I can do some riding while we are there for the 2 weeks. We ride year round in Arizona but not sure about you Georgia guys.

Do you guys ride in the winter or is it too cold? Does Georgia require helmets? Anything else I need to know about Georgia?

Thanks in advance.

Old 09-28-2012, 12:45 PM
CB024
Road Master

Ok thanks. I'll keep an eye on the weather forcast as it gets closer to time. I'll have to pick up a lid too it looks like. Her mom lives in Thomasville GA so not sure if the weather is different down there.

Originally Posted by horseplay
We ride in the winter. Never know. If the weather willbecold ang gloomy or sunny and mild. I have ridden a jet ski on Christmas day before. Helmets required.

Last edited by CB024; 09-28-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 03:51 PM
DHubbs
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Its hit & miss that time of year, but we dont put em away for the winter. If ya have any leather brang it.

Old 09-28-2012, 05:45 PM
horseplay
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A bit warmer by at least 10 degrees that time of year.
Ok thanks. I'll keep an eye on the weather forcast as it gets closer to time. I'll have to pick up a lid too it looks like. Her mom lives in Thomasville GA so not sure if the weather is different down there.

Old 09-28-2012, 06:29 PM
GAZippoman
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could be 25, could be 75. Could be snow, could be late spring like.

Bring the bike, bring your leathers and enjoy the North GA mountains!

Old 09-28-2012, 08:41 PM
turnerbend
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 3 Posts

Last year I rode on Christmas day. The year before we had 4-6 inches of snow on Christmas day..... Go figure.

Old 09-29-2012, 07:37 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Those with the crystal ball say it will be a ball busting winter this year. Since the City of Roses is so close to the Florida line I highly doubt you will miss any riding time. It could be brisk at times though. Ride'm

Florida has no brain bucket law... So if you ride 15 miles south you can store it.

Old 09-29-2012, 08:38 AM
StonerGlide
Road Master

Surprise, AZ...Got an old friend out there that owns a drag strip if he is still alive, we used to drive out from LA and bracket race at his track.
As others have said no telling on the winter months down here but most likely you can gets some riding in that far down.
Best to just keep an eye out and see what it is closer to your trip.
Hard driving from your site is 3+ days, with a trailer maybe 4, and one and a half days across TX without any weather problems.
You got a straight shot right across I-10 though. Beautiful country but a boring *** ride on the interstate.
Not as wide open and easy to see where you're going and where you been back here and lots more traffic on the road per square mile so a lid might be a good choice no matter what the state law (just my humble opinion speaking from riding experience in both locations). Pretty flat down in South GA but some good riding just the same, would have to come north 4-5 hours for mountain twisties if that is what you're looking for.

Old 09-29-2012, 08:43 AM
HedleyLamarr
Road Captain
Received 55 Likes on 33 Posts

typical Georgia weather
what the hell is that?

Quick Reply: Georgia Info Needed