Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > This 'n' That > The Gun Enthusiast
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

The Gun Enthusiast This forum is dedicated to firearms discussion only. Tell us about your favorite gun (stuff like that). There are to be "NO' anti firearms posts here.
Sponsored by: Azece

P

Old 08-03-2010, 11:16 PM
Road Master

I carry all the time.....but when riding, its one in the pocket and one in the saddlebag
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1420.jpg (98.2 KB, 22 views)

03 Electra Glide
Vivid Black
USN RETIRED
Old 08-04-2010, 12:05 AM
Prospect

[quote=jcallesano;7087233]ive notices all these posts are from ppl from texas, or close. Try doing that in MA. Youll get shot on spot[/qu

I avoid Massachusetts at all costs. No reason to go there.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:13 AM
Club Member

[QUOTE=Floridasoftailman;7095958]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcallesano View Post
ive notices all these posts are from ppl from texas, or close. Try doing that in MA. Youll get shot on spot[/qu

I avoid Massachusetts at all costs. No reason to go there.
Ain't that the truth.
Rather have craps.

2004 Road King Classic w/King Tour Pak
Stage II 95",Andrews 26,SE II Pro 98B's,SE AC, SEST
TWR Stabilizer,Zumo 550 w/XM
Old 08-04-2010, 03:30 AM
Road Warrior
Default Nothing stirs up a hornet's nest like the 2nd amendment

in the US. I've read some very interesting responses in this thread and some that are the usual dribble about why one should carry a gun. Question, do any of you (non law enforcement) that carry a gun have to take a course on 'shoot, don't shoot'? I know that every cop has to go through a rigorous training regarding this. I include military in this question since the training they take is so different than LEO's. I ask this because I was a sworn peace officer a long time ago and remember what I went through. I doubt if most folks that carry a weapon, as some of you have stated, have ever been in a situation where you had to decide in a hurry whether or not to shoot. It also begs the question, do you folks know how to retain your weapon in the event that find yourself trying to keep it out of the hands of someone trying to relieve you of it? (That's a whole other course.) You will find that you yanks are not much different than us 'nucks insofar as we all want to feel safe, and no we didn't 'give up' our right to carry weapons. We never even had it. I hope you never lose those rights you have but when you hear shots fired you better hit the deck since so many of you will be returning fire you will never know which direction the rounds are coming from.

09 FLHRC
Stage 1/PCV/AT
Bub7 Stealth's
V&H Power Dual's
Old 08-04-2010, 04:57 AM
Road Warrior

What a way to live ....
Old 08-04-2010, 05:25 AM
Hang Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by srshaw View Post
Here in the UK, the only thing I would pack in case of an emergency is a credit card and a mobile phone. The prosepect of someone pulling a gun on a law abiding citizen minding their own business is pretty much non existent.
Not True...depends on where your at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srshaw View Post
To be honest all this talk is really putting me off visting the US, which I had planned to do. Is it really such a lawless place that the only way of surviving is to carry a gun?
No offense meant....but perhaps that is a good idea for you! We have already lost to many of our rights here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQoQTdVlxkA

Last edited by XXRugerXX; 08-04-2010 at 07:45 AM..
Old 08-04-2010, 07:12 AM
Extreme HDF Member

Always worry about the different state laws on carrying permited or not.One of the reasons the wife and I stay inside our state boarders.Get mixed up with the law and a record will forever haunt you,inocent or not.The law has enough reasons on it's own to make life miserable without giving them more.Good Luck.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:54 AM
Ultimate HDF Member

How many people at the Conn. Beer Distributor were armed? Only the criminal. And now 8 innocent people are dead. Shot down like sheep begging for their lives.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:04 AM
Elite HDF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watch Guy View Post
I hope you never lose those rights you have but when you hear shots fired you better hit the deck since so many of you will be returning fire you will never know which direction the rounds are coming from.
Do all Canadians have this television fantasy idea of what the U.S. is like?

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin - 1775.

If you are dressing for the crash, instead of for the ride, you should wear a Prius.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:09 AM
Elite HDF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmers1817 View Post
How many people at the Conn. Beer Distributor were armed? Only the criminal. And now 8 innocent people are dead. Shot down like sheep begging for their lives.
Hopefully, what would separate Americans from the mass workplace and school shooting/stabbings (yes, mass stabbings) in places liike Canada, England, Thailand, Korea, etc., is that Americans could defend themselves. Unfortunately, some of our state governments and citizens disagree.

Anybody ever notice that those states that get a Brady Campaign "A" report card (for having the strictest gun control) always have the highest violent crime in the FBI's Uniform Crime Report and those that get the old Brady "F" have at or near the lowest? Must be a coincidence.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin - 1775.

If you are dressing for the crash, instead of for the ride, you should wear a Prius.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:09 AM

P