Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > This 'n' That > The Gun Enthusiast
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

The Gun Enthusiast This forum is dedicated to firearms discussion only. Tell us about your favorite gun (stuff like that). There are to be "NO' anti firearms posts here.

P

Old 11-07-2012, 10:04 PM
Road Warrior

I shoot a lot of service rifle competition I.e. High Power, and I prefer a 4 pound trigger. It is safer IMO.

I like the two stage light action triggers, but if this were a SHTF or rifle to be used in such a situation it is best to leave it as a single stage service grade trigger. But nobody says you can only have one so you should have at least two setup one for each occasion.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:12 PM
Road Warrior

I guess you Colt guys never shot a White Oak Armory upper.

Right now my fav is my PSA DISSY with MOE rifle length hand guards A2 stock, DPMS A2 rear sight, 1:7 FN Hammer forged barrel, with an Aero lower and single stage service trigger using 20 round C-Products mags.
It is a super reliable and ultra accurate rifle.

Don't get me wrong the 20" WOA upper with the CMMG lower is nothing to leave in the safe. It is my comp rifle.

Last edited by editbrain; 11-07-2012 at 10:15 PM..
Old 11-07-2012, 11:32 PM
Hang Around

Good enough for Socom and I like it.

http://geissele.com/supersemi-automaticssatrigger.aspx
Old 11-08-2012, 02:48 PM
One Of The Regulars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettely View Post
Surprisingly WalMart here is selling the Sig decked out in Magpul furniture for sub 1K.
hmm I got mine for more than that about a year ago. from a reputable weapons establishment.

I wonder if they build it differently for wally world than they do for weapons shops. Just like the computers they get in, it might say Dell or HP or whatever but the components inside have been specially chosen to be used in walmart configurations.
Arlen Ness Big Sucker Stg 1
1970 Camaro RS
2011 F150 FX4
Old 11-08-2012, 11:28 PM
Hang Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolling_again View Post
hmm I got mine for more than that about a year ago. from a reputable weapons establishment.

I wonder if they build it differently for wally world than they do for weapons shops. Just like the computers they get in, it might say Dell or HP or whatever but the components inside have been specially chosen to be used in walmart configurations.
No, all of the firearms sold at Walmart are the same as any where else. They are just buying in greater quantity allowing them to have lower prices. The Sig Is very nice.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:29 AM
One Of The Regulars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettely View Post
No, all of the firearms sold at Walmart are the same as any where else. They are just buying in greater quantity allowing them to have lower prices. The Sig Is very nice.
Cool thanks for clearing that up for me. I didn't really know.
Arlen Ness Big Sucker Stg 1
1970 Camaro RS
2011 F150 FX4
Old 11-09-2012, 11:13 AM
One Of The Regulars

I'm going to be the outcast of the group. When I decided to change platforms to an AR I wasn't entirely sure I was going to like it. My other platform being the M14/M1A 7.62 round. So I decided to buy a cheap AR and make sure I'd like it before moving up to a more expensive version. So I purchased a S&W M&P Sport for just under $500. It does not have a dust cover or forward assist, both of which I didn't NEED to have so it was no big deal. The barrel is melonite instead of chrome lined but after researching that a bit I felt that it was fine. Well I have easily over 5000 rounds of both .223 and 5.56 thru the Sport without a problem and never did upgrade. I'm sure that the more expensive guns can bring more to the table in some fashion but I'm not convinced that the Sport falls overly short in anything that matters for me.

2012 Denim Black Road Glide
Old 11-10-2012, 10:57 PM
Hang Around

Got the Sig M400 from Walmart today for $917.00! Definitely the most bang for the buck. Besides the M400 being an awesome rifle it also came with a bad azz rifle case. Do yourself a huge favor and try to find one of these Sig rifles.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:15 PM
Ultimate HDF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by editbrain View Post
Close your eyes and choose one. These days they are all pretty much the same. Some better and some worse, but most go bang every time.

I know judging from your posts you are a lot more up to speed on this than
i am but all of my BEGGINER ar copies were carbon steel and were prone to big issues in time(maybe this has been addressed) but I still think for me my black rain ordinance has been as good as anything out there for reliability sake after the number of rounds fired gets into the thousands.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:54 AM
Ultimate HDF Member

So many good ones. Depends on what you want to spend how you plan to use it and what you want from it.
I just ordered another Colt 6920.
IMO if the few extra dollars for a true mil-spec won't break you it is the way to go.
If you on a budget but want a great one take a look at Core 15. do your home work decide if it is right for you.

Last edited by smitty901; 11-11-2012 at 10:57 AM..
Old 11-11-2012, 10:54 AM

P