The Motorcycle Activist Post Topics Concerning Motorcycle Laws such as Helmets, Loud Pipes, etc. etc.

Motorcycle only checkpoints

Old 05-16-2022, 03:50 PM
bklynbob
Grand HDF Member
Received 530 Likes on 376 Posts
Default Motorcycle only checkpoints

In NYC.

Old 05-23-2022, 12:43 PM
willcasp
Club Member
Received 105 Likes on 76 Posts

Checkpoints haven't been made illegal on constitutional grounds in NY? They are illegal in WA state.. that whole "probably cause" problem.

The following users liked this post:
M Oclaf (05-27-2022)
Old 06-12-2022, 03:00 PM
Greg Midi
Road Warrior
Received 1,960 Likes on 781 Posts

I recently joined the MRF (motorcycle riders foundation) based in Washington DC. They're no doubt the best organization lobbying for the rights and freedoms of motorcyclists and are typically endorsed and/or affiliated with state ABATE groups. I moved to NV from IA where I'm a life member of ABATE and really miss the solidarity and forward thinking activism, advocacy and brotherhood that exists. There just isn't any willingness or desire for that in NV that I can find so MRF is currently my only real option. It's disappointing now that I'm retired and have more time that I could put into the effort. A shame.

Big issues for the MC rights groups are profiling and ethanol. The opposition to these things is obvious and now that there's a push to add more ethanol to fuel the urgency is increasing.