The Motorcycle Activist Post Topics Concerning Motorcycle Laws such as Helmets, Loud Pipes, etc. etc.

N.Y. Assemblyman Introduced Motorcycle Bill to Protect Us Against Negligent Drivers

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 10:41 AM
sailmotion
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7,838 Likes on 3,236 Posts

Originally Posted by llbigbird
Folks are right that it will take more "bite" to the law to start making a real effect however I guess you could compare the effects of the drunk driving laws being improved to now include the fact that if drive drunk with kids in the car, the charge is a felony. Maybe the idea is to get the law on the books than work on making it stronger
Part of the problem with many of these laws [and I'm not necessarily saying this in regard to this specific legislator] is that the politicians need to justify their existence, so they pass laws with no reasonable expectation of compliance.

In New York, the "Safe Act" is a perfect example. Cuomo justifies his existence with it's questionable passage, he pats himself on the back and declares he was the first in the nation to react to the tragedy at Sandy Hook; yet, the law has merely created an unknown number of felons out of previously law-abiding citizens and has NOT diminished crime in the "Rotten Apple" one iota.

Old 06-05-2016, 06:11 PM
llbigbird
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by sailmotion
Part of the problem with many of these laws [and I'm not necessarily saying this in regard to this specific legislator] is that the politicians need to justify their existence, so they pass laws with no reasonable expectation of compliance.

In New York, the "Safe Act" is a perfect example. Cuomo justifies his existence with it's questionable passage, he pats himself on the back and declares he was the first in the nation to react to the tragedy at Sandy Hook; yet, the law has merely created an unknown number of felons out of previously law-abiding citizens and has NOT diminished crime in the "Rotten Apple" one iota.
So true. Maybe if we are lucky another state will take the lead in making it stronger and force NY to step up

Old 06-21-2016, 10:04 AM
13FXDWG
Elite HDF Member
Received 2,133 Likes on 1,094 Posts

Originally Posted by sailmotion

Over night made every gun I owned illegal... Where was he banning pressure cookers after Boston? Can't call the illegals that pick fruit on farms, who also were collecting state and federal assistance, illegals because it's racist. They're just undocumented citizens. Yeah guess what premier cuomo... My firearms were NOT registered, WERE NOT modified to be Safe act compliant. They just like the illegals, were simply undocumented. And had there ever been an issue for say search and seizure I would probably been on channel 6 news for a stand off telling the troopers to get Adolf Jr down here to enforce HIS law and seize my weapons himself.

Then Shawshank redemption takes place, he goes up there like he's going to do something about it... Funny when I went by one of his BS PR speeches he had troopers/swat security armed to the hilt yet nobody else could have an intimidating "assault" rifle.

I'd love to have a debate and use his logic against him, ban pressure cookers, consider vehicles as assault weapons since NY has among the highest dwi related mortality rate in the nation...

It's unfortunate that the governors mansion wasn't mistaken for the twin towers on 9/11. I am so happy I left NY, no more crappy roads that tax money (.68 cents per gallon supposed to go towards road maintenance on gas) doesn't go towards fixing (pot holes big enough to swallow a cadillac) no more state income tax (.27 cent return this year), no more ENCON park rangers and sheriffs to harras me on a boat (go drop a boat in lake George without taking it to a car wash first see what that gets ya) no more BS gun laws (just got my concealed carry picking up 2 Glocks Friday) year round riding weather (I will miss snowboarding, nearest neighbor 2miles away mountains etc) and bikini clad women everywhere. 6% sales tax. Can fly the stars and bars in the bed of my truck without being harassed or called a bigot/****.

Literally provided Florida dept of agriculture with a 70 dollar check, sat in a training course for 2 hours, digital finger prints, 2 mugshots, fired a wax bullet out of a .38 (weapons handling course) and an address here. Viola concealed carry. Fellas GTFO of NY and if you research his come to NY tax free business program you'll get a kick out of it (must establish a business within 20 miles of a SUNY school employ interns/graduates from SUNY schools and be in an industry that THE STATE will more than likely benefit from like solar energy etc)

FUAC!!!!!!!!