The Motorcycle Activist Post Topics Concerning Motorcycle Laws such as Helmets, Loud Pipes, etc. etc.

Motorcycle Harassment

Old 07-08-2014, 06:02 PM
dansax
Elite HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Motorcycle Harassment

This past Holiday weekend I was in the Village of Pt. Jefferson on Long Islands North shore. It is a seaside community that attracts a lot of bikers every day. We were pulling out of town when I saw two Motorcycle Cops ticketing three custom choppers. As I road a block past I was confronted by another one who ran out into traffic and waved me down to pull over. The first ting he said to me was "your pipes are illegal". They are Rush Slipons 1.75 baffles. I handed him my license and reg. and then he asked to me to take off my helmet (Bell). He said my helmet isn't in compliance with DOT since he couldn't find the inside sticker. After I showed it to him( he wasn't a detective) he then told me my helmet didn't have the new DOT outside sticker stating the maker and model helmet. He said he wouldn't write me up this time. What a crock of ****. My helmet is DOT. Does that mean anytime they pass a new standard we must ditch our helmets and buy new ones? This is part of a Motorcycle Task force in NYS that was enacted. I feel it's harassment.

The following users liked this post:
18deluxerider (04-12-2020)
Old 07-08-2014, 08:04 PM
AGSURFR
Tourer
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Vote with your wallet. Let the businesses know you will be taking your money both on and off your bike elsewhere.

Bad reviews on social media(Yelp). Let everyone know they are a ticket trap and are to be avoided. Don't be rude, just state facts.

Let the elected officials in the area know you will be supporting their opponents in upcoming elections with donations. And tell them why.

Old 10-12-2014, 02:02 PM
bklynbob
Grand HDF Member
Received 530 Likes on 376 Posts

Checkpoints out east last week.

www.longislandabate.com

Think about joining..........

Old 10-12-2014, 02:31 PM
EX18DELTA
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

Originally Posted by AGSURFR
Vote with your wallet. Let the businesses know you will be taking your money both on and off your bike elsewhere.
This advice is truly the one recourse we as law abiding taxpayers have that works almost instantly. If this towns business owners understand their own economy, they will put additional pressure on their lawmakers.
Keep fighting the good fight

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 11-05-2014 at 11:14 AM.
The following users liked this post:
18deluxerider (04-12-2020)