The Patriot Guard Riders A Place To Talk About The PGR and PGR Missions.

Understanding the PGR

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2016, 10:30 PM
Deucedog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 260 Likes on 135 Posts

You can try contacting these folks to find out about PGR missions in Canada.

https://www.patriotguard.org/content...d-of-Directors

Old 10-14-2016, 06:50 PM
paoloD
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,692 Likes on 1,283 Posts

Thanks guys

Old 02-03-2017, 05:47 PM
VegasGeorge
Advanced
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm glad to have seen this thread. I was unaware of the existence of the PGR. I've joined up, and hope to participate one of these days.

The following users liked this post:
IAmWoody (03-21-2017)
Old 05-22-2017, 12:37 PM
KUDZOO
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PGR member

Proud to ride with the PGR. Sometimes it's hard to ride through the tears, but there can never be enough done for our troops, especially those that gave ALL.

Old 05-23-2017, 01:10 AM
sloufoot
Received 4,081 Likes on 3,483 Posts

Originally Posted by KUDZOO
Proud to ride with the PGR. Sometimes it's hard to ride through the tears, but there can never be enough done for our troops, especially those that gave ALL.

It is amazing isn't it ! Thank you. I am always amazed by the family when they thank us telling us "thank you for your support for someone you never knew".
Maybe some day they will realize how close we are to being family ! You can't explain......

Old 05-24-2018, 06:17 AM
Kingglide549
Banned
Received 969 Likes on 694 Posts

To the chase here-
How does one join in upstate NY?
What are the quilifications?
What disqualifies a person?
What is expected? From both sides?
Are you told what to do and where to show up?
Is there a dress code?
I am prior Military (vietnam)
thanx

Old 05-25-2018, 02:38 AM
sloufoot

Originally Posted by Kingglide549
To the chase here-
How does one join in upstate NY?
What are the quilifications?
What disqualifies a person?
What is expected? From both sides?
Are you told what to do and where to show up?
Is there a dress code?
I am prior Military (vietnam)
thanx
First of all this is a free membership organization. Log into the main site at : https://www.patriotguard.org/login/ You can sign up there.
The site will direct you how to get hold of the local chapter where you live.where your area covers when notified of a mission. You can miss the mission if you need to also.
The qualifications for membership is the desire to show patronage to our men and women serving and those that have served in our armed services, Firefighters, and Police. First responders.
There isn't much to disqualify a person as long as they try to follow protocol.
Help on the Homefront
Through our HOTH program, we can sometimes offer direct assistance to veterans and their families in time of need. We also have connections to other organizations and can offer referrals.

You don't have to have a motorcycle, you can use a vehicle also.If you have a motorcycle it is good to figure out a mount for slow operation with a mounted flag. Some use a small flag for the bikes and a 3X5 for the flag line.

What is expected of you is to try to show up. There are many many members that like to have the title of PGR, but never show up for missions.

As far as what is expected from the organization can be as minimal as you want or as much as you want it involved. They have an online store for items that pertain to the PGR that you can't get other places.

You can receive emails from the main PGR org along with from your local leaders. Not all do the same notifications, so a person needs to register for what states you want to cover. You do that on the main site. Also contact and register with your local people that you can find out on the main site also. If you need to talk to someone in person they do have a land line. I don't have that number handy.

The dress code varies from local to local. Most like you to show up in a white long sleeve shirt. A vest displaying the PGR identification. You will need a 3X5 US flag on a pole most use a 6.5 ft pole. There are extendable poles on the PGR site, but they are expensive and have problems from time to time. Lots use a hiking pole or a camera pole that extends to about 6ft.

We would be proud to have you in our ranks !
Thank you for your service
Sloufoot

Last edited by sloufoot; 05-25-2018 at 02:50 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by sloufoot:
Kingglide549 (05-25-2018), Sassafrass (06-14-2018)
Old 05-25-2018, 09:41 AM
Kingglide549
Banned
Received 969 Likes on 694 Posts

Originally Posted by sloufoot
First of all this is a free membership organization. Log into the main site at : https://www.patriotguard.org/login/ You can sign up there.
The site will direct you how to get hold of the local chapter where you live.where your area covers when notified of a mission. You can miss the mission if you need to also.
The qualifications for membership is the desire to show patronage to our men and women serving and those that have served in our armed services, Firefighters, and Police. First responders.
There isn't much to disqualify a person as long as they try to follow protocol.
Help on the Homefront
Through our HOTH program, we can sometimes offer direct assistance to veterans and their families in time of need. We also have connections to other organizations and can offer referrals.

You don't have to have a motorcycle, you can use a vehicle also.If you have a motorcycle it is good to figure out a mount for slow operation with a mounted flag. Some use a small flag for the bikes and a 3X5 for the flag line.

What is expected of you is to try to show up. There are many many members that like to have the title of PGR, but never show up for missions.

As far as what is expected from the organization can be as minimal as you want or as much as you want it involved. They have an online store for items that pertain to the PGR that you can't get other places.

You can receive emails from the main PGR org along with from your local leaders. Not all do the same notifications, so a person needs to register for what states you want to cover. You do that on the main site. Also contact and register with your local people that you can find out on the main site also. If you need to talk to someone in person they do have a land line. I don't have that number handy.

The dress code varies from local to local. Most like you to show up in a white long sleeve shirt. A vest displaying the PGR identification. You will need a 3X5 US flag on a pole most use a 6.5 ft pole. There are extendable poles on the PGR site, but they are expensive and have problems from time to time. Lots use a hiking pole or a camera pole that extends to about 6ft.

We would be proud to have you in our ranks !
Thank you for your service
Sloufoot
Thanx for your time and information you have given me.
I will check into it.
I have not ever joined anything because i do not want to be on anyone's leash.
This might be doable

Old 05-26-2018, 03:31 AM
sloufoot

Originally Posted by Kingglide549
Thanx for your time and information you have given me.
I will check into it.
I have not ever joined anything because i do not want to be on anyone's leash.
This might be doable
Yeah, the only leash we have is ya have to pay attention to the ride captain. Some missions have a lot of members show up and a lot of cooperation is needed. But everyone there helps everyone out. The camaraderie is strong. From time to time the Westburo Church tries to make a showing to disrupt the funeral, but they back down quite fast when they see us there. I have only had to deal with them once. That was at our Field of Honor here in Pocatello Id. Memorial Day each year.
When they showed up there was way too much military, PGR, and POW-MIA there to deal with and they just loaded up and left.
I find the missions the best thing I have done in many years !!

The following 2 users liked this post by sloufoot:
Kingglide549 (05-26-2018), Sassafrass (06-14-2018)
Old 06-06-2018, 12:01 PM
figgis
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you for posting this info. I have been interested in PGR for a while now so I joined up and subscribed to a couple notifications.

Thank you to all have participated already!

The following users liked this post:
sloufoot (06-07-2018)

Quick Reply: Understanding the PGR