The Patriot Guard Riders A Place To Talk About The PGR and PGR Missions.

Understanding the PGR

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 12:51 PM
bobbyfatboyg
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PGR is amazing and inspiring on a MACRO- and MICRO- scale:

Kudos to the PGR. Amazing reaction from returning soldiers! Thanks to all the PGR.

Old 04-17-2014, 11:06 AM
bobbyfatboyg
Advanced
Default Enjoy some great Rockwell military covers.

I saw this cover with the Big Red One 1st I.D. patch at the recent Newark Museum show in NJ. I was wearing my Harley jacket with the 1st I.D. and PAG patch honoring my cuz KIA Balad, Iraq in '10 with the Ist I.D. on a special security detail. I had never seen this cover,as I'm in my 40s, and my knees buckled a bit for the long tradition of the Big Red One going back to both WW2 and WW1.

Respect. Honor. Courage.

Attached Thumbnails Understanding the PGR-1944-disabled-veteran.jpg  
Old 04-17-2014, 11:14 AM
bobbyfatboyg
Advanced
Default Rockwell cover.

This one very moving too...

(Riding tip: will NEVER forget almost getting flattened by a speeding Garbage Truck (like crazed speeding as only a NY NJ CT truck driver could do!) I was slowly and carefully driving thru Newark's cultural district following the well laid out signs for the museum and this exhibit on my Harley... and was in middle lane as didn't know if going L or R off main road. Saw the R sign and put blinker on and started to ease, and I mean OUT OF NOWHERE.... a fully loaded massive industrial waste truck came barreling up in right lane doing like 60 in a 30mph urban zone, OMFGosh am I glad that I backed down following the biker's mantra: "NEVER EVER CHANGE LANES UNLESS YOU'RE SURE !' Ironic part is, the darned right turn was to flow Museum traffic around 270 degrees and back a block to go thru an intersection instead of just making a left turn from main road !!! Could have been killed going on some urban planner's stupid roundabout detour! I may get GPS soon, even tho I don't really dig GPS on a bike. :-) )

Semper Paratus. Semper Vigilant. Semper Fi. RIDE SAFE. Come Home !

Attached Thumbnails Understanding the PGR-13212055rockwell-cover-girl-army-jacket.jpg  
Old 04-17-2014, 05:47 PM
wescoot2
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bobbyfatboyg
I saw this cover with the Big Red One 1st I.D. patch at the recent Newark Museum show in NJ. I was wearing my Harley jacket with the 1st I.D. and PAG patch honoring my cuz KIA Balad, Iraq in '10 with the Ist I.D. on a special security detail. I had never seen this cover,as I'm in my 40s, and my knees buckled a bit for the long tradition of the Big Red One going back to both WW2 and WW1.

Respect. Honor. Courage.
The Big Red One is the oldest Division in the Army. Has a long and proud history.

Old 11-04-2015, 12:37 PM
RedOregon
Tourer

Received 125 Likes on 82 Posts

Good thread, needs some attention again...

Old 12-27-2015, 10:16 AM
Fozworth
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Greetings,
This is my first post as a Forum member. I found the Forum mostly to learn about the Tri Glides.

My reasons for looking to the Harley are:

1. My wife and are will retire in the next few years and we love to ride. I need something that will safely go long distances without worry of dropping a two wheel ride with her on back.

2. I want to ride more often with the Patriot Guard once retired. (Looking for made in America).

I have been a PG member for a while but my job has been too demanding to be able to attend more than one ride so far.

What I noticed is that most in the PG and VFW riders has been they are 99% on Harley.

I’ve begun to feel like a foreign made bike might be considered disrespectful?

I am currently riding a Honda Goldwing.

I am not a Veteran. My number was not called during the lottery draft. I would really like to know from the Veterans here if non-American made bikes in a ride to honor Veterans is disappointing for them to see.

On a side note I’m a little disappointed to learn the Tri Glide has Japanese made front forks and wiring systems made in China. (I don’t have a thing against Japan or the Japanese people).

Of course I have trouble with China’s communism. But I have nothing against the people.

I have zero problems with these parts on the Harley if our war heroes don’t have a problem with it.

What are your thoughts Veterans? I would really appreciate your replies.

Regards,

Brian

Last edited by Fozworth; 12-27-2015 at 11:07 AM.
Old 12-27-2015, 02:25 PM
RedOregon
Tourer

Received 125 Likes on 82 Posts

What you ride is of no concern to the Patriot Guard. First mission I was on was led by a lady on a Hondamatic. It's all about respect to fallen service people.

Old 12-29-2015, 02:37 AM
sloufoot
Received 4,081 Likes on 3,483 Posts

Brian,
I agree totally with RedOregon ! There are quite a few that don't even have a motorcycle & still make the Missions.
If you look further into Harley, the whole bike has China parts on it. I don't like that either, but for the most part they seem to last well. The harley has very few U.S. made parts. Like everyone else they go to the lowest bidder. The Harley is just mostly assembled in the U.S.A.
If you would look for the Tri Glide & Freewheeler forum you can ask more people that are actually riding the Tri Glide, & get some great information.
Ride Safe
Sloufoot

Old 06-14-2016, 06:03 PM
badvlvo
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Just want to say that PGR was at a friends funeral in Nevada, and kept WBR from being an issue for the family. I wasn't riding at the time, I was with the family. The men and women of PGR helped console the family, while shielding them from the protesters. They also kept me from doing something stupid. My friend was dead and WBR decided to make a scene.

Hurt more that he was gay, but only the family knew (thanks to DADT), and WBR was waving their signs. PGR is a great group, and hopefully now that I am back on 2 wheels I will be able to support them if the need arises.

Old 06-14-2016, 06:16 PM
TSheff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,344 Likes on 1,550 Posts

Originally Posted by rmw
There's a couple of points I'd like to make. The PGR certainly began in order to deal with the UG's. As a rule, we never refer to the protestors by name, but rather call them uninvited guests or UG's. However, the PGR has evolved well beyond being a reaction to the UG's and from my point of view they are nearly irrelevent. UG's or no, we are there to honor our fallen heros and support their families. If the UG's fell off the face of the planet tomorrow, we will still be there doing our missions.

As a SR-RC with the Patriot Guard in Indiana and a member since 2005, my suggestion to anyone wanting to get involved is to register at the national web site, then Google for your state web site and get on their mailing list or calendar notification. I'd also suggest you contact the SR-RC for your area and see if they are maintaining a notification list. I do and it's used to keep people informed in strictly local missions.
I've done far too many missions and at the same time not enough.

Quick Reply: Understanding the PGR