The Patriot Guard Riders A Place To Talk About The PGR and PGR Missions.

Understanding the PGR

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 10:49 AM
TooEasy
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Understanding the PGR

For those members that are not familiar with what we do, Wikipedia has some good descriptions of both sides. Go here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westboro_Baptist_Church

Next is the link for the Westboro Baptist Church, out of Topeka, Kansas, and this is what led to the creation of the Patriot Guard Riders. Replace the asterisks with the letters "f" "a" "g" which the board software changes:

http://www.godhates***s.com/

For the description of the PGR, go here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriot_Guard_Riders

And that is why we ride.

There are no requirements to join the PGR. You don't even have to ride. Its not a motorcycle club or even a club at all. There are no meetings, no clubhouse, no dues, no colors, you can elect to wear the patch in your vest (in most places) when you go to the missions or not to wear anything PGR related. But the public in general is very appreciative of the PGR. They thank you at a traffic light, yield for you, etc. The best thing about all this, is the personal satisfaction that standing for a person that gave his/her life for the country brings to you. If you are active duty military, there is no conflict if you join the PGR. I signed up while I was active duty, and some of our members even show up in uniform sometimes, with permission from their chain of command to attend.
Some PGR chapters only support KIA's and services for Vets, while other chapters support anybody that served the country, being the Military, Law Enforcement Officers, Firefighters, etc, depending on the local Deputy State Captain.
If you wish to join the PGR go here:

http://www.patriotguard.org/

This is the PGR National site. Once you sign up, click on "all forums" on the left side menu, on the next screen the top two forums are "Confirmed Missions" and "Watch List". You can check here for the missions, but its easier to get on the mailing list for your part of the state/local chapter. On the same screen, scroll down until you find the forum for your state/region. Once you are in the right forum, post introducing yourself and asking to get on the email list for the missions. People there (usually the Deputy State Captain) will point you in the right direction. Too easy.

Regards,

Last edited by TooEasy; 03-25-2010 at 09:29 AM.
The following 6 users liked this post by TooEasy:
Erratikmind (08-31-2020), Fiachra (04-16-2020), figgis (06-06-2018), Harfar (08-20-2020), Sassafrass (06-13-2018), VegasGeorge (02-03-2017) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-03-2010, 03:06 PM
Robert Musgrove
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just read that article........its sad to see humans doing that to soldiers. As a vet and still active military soldier I am very proud of my country and for someone to use God's name in that manner is of the utmost disrespect. I am very proud of the patriot riders and thank you all for your service to our fallen brothers. May God Bless you all!

rob

Old 02-25-2010, 01:02 PM
pjmoraldo
Road Master

Wow that was very movin! I'm heading to the PGR website

Old 03-21-2010, 01:45 PM
Fyrefight
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That bunch of "Christians" was here in Lubbock a couple years ago to protest the funeral of one of our boys who died in Iraq. I was riding with the PGR on that day, and I think every biker in West Tx was there, including some I think were rival clubs. To make a long story short, every time those knuckleheads started to protest a couple dozen bikes with exhaust pointed towards em would fire up and drown em out. Eventually, the Baptist church who's land they were protesting from came out and chased em off. Got a whole new respect for that church now.
Now that I'm on 2 wheels again I'm planning on getting back in touch with the PGR here. Good group.

Fyre
US Navy (ret)

The following 2 users liked this post by Fyrefight:
BigJim5200 (06-05-2020), Sassafrass (06-13-2018)
Old 03-25-2010, 03:06 PM
Richard Krauth
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Patriot Gaurd mission statement says it all. Log onto the web site and read it. Patriotgaurd.org. As a member I have become distant from the organization because of all the need for money and fund raising to fight a never ending leagle battle. If you want to stand for the GREAT military as well as first responders, look at the warriar watch riders. Google it. Same as patriot gaurd, But will never try to sell a leagle defense patch. And will honor first responders. I belong to both.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:31 PM
wescoot2
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Amazing Richard how you not only signed up, but found this forum to make your first post.

The Patriot Guard Riders is a recognized 501c3 can you say the same thing about WWR ? Yes the PGR is involved in a legal action, and all the funds which are made inside the store, are layed out in the Public Financial Statements, can the same thing be said for the profits which are made from those items which the WWR sell?

I have no problems with the WWR, and appreciate them for what they do......however, I do have a problem with someone coming into the PGR Forums, hawking for another organization, while trying to trash another.

Old 05-22-2010, 06:13 PM
Len
Road Captain

I've signed up.
My "Hero" son is serving in his fourth tour!

The following users liked this post:
Sassafrass (06-13-2018)
Old 07-01-2010, 11:19 AM
Yosemite
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks coot...

BTW folks, when you sign up for PGR, go to the link to your state PGR website and sign up there to. Often, it is easier to stay in touch with your local group on the state PGR website. Also, you may be able to sign up for email alerts which help you stay abreast of pending missions.

Later,
Pk.

PGR 170814

The following users liked this post:
Sassafrass (06-13-2018)
Old 07-25-2010, 06:35 PM
bear68
Tourer

I set up a homemade flag pole for my Springer with two poles to fly Old Glory and the PGR banner both of which are 3x5. Yesterday was part one of a two part mission so I had my flags flying when I went to work today. (Part two is tomorrow) I got TONS of horn honks, thumbs up, waves, and even a Fire Rescue truck that was running with lights and siren on and coming towards me blasted the air horn in a ten second salute as they went by. Makes ya feel pretty good about this old nation.

Old 08-08-2010, 09:39 AM
ord sgt
Grand HDF Member

Received 146 Likes on 99 Posts

Standing in a flag line at a gravesite of a vetern WILL put a huge lump into your throat.
You are there to give support to the grieving family. Those folks need and deserve your support. To me, that's what the whole thing is about.

The following 2 users liked this post by ord sgt:
BigJim5200 (06-05-2020), Sassafrass (06-13-2018)

Quick Reply: Understanding the PGR