Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**Superchips Vigilante EZ Review**

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 08:27 PM
dochawken
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like a nice alternative for anyone that had a HD flash for stage one or for those dissatisfied with the xied unit. So far the praise is quite impressive..

Old 09-23-2014, 06:10 PM
BigMike
Club Member
Received 1,570 Likes on 674 Posts

I've got about an hour worth of riding time in since installing the tuner.

I'm impressed. The bike runs flawlessly and there is absolutely no decel popping. The engine accelerates smooth all the way to redline. It was a little cooler today but I didn't notice any excessive heat.

More to come as I get more miles logged, but right now I'll say it is far and away superior to an HD Stage 1 flash.

Old 09-24-2014, 01:19 PM
bmaier
Road Warrior
Received 94 Likes on 63 Posts

In the instructions for Vigilante it says you must have a stock tune for this device to work. What if you have the Harley stage 1 download, is that considered a stock tune? In otherwords, will it work if you previously have the Factory stage 1 download installed?

Old 09-24-2014, 01:32 PM
BigMike
Club Member
Received 1,570 Likes on 674 Posts

When they were looking for people to review the Vigilante, they asked for people that had a Stage 1 setup and download.

I'm not sure that it matters if you have a stock or Stage 1 flashed on your ECM, because it reflashes your ECM with the SuperChips map and overwrites what is on there. It does save your old mad to the Vigilante though.

Old 09-24-2014, 01:40 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 167 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by bmaier
In the instructions for Vigilante it says you must have a stock tune for this device to work. What if you have the Harley stage 1 download, is that considered a stock tune? In otherwords, will it work if you previously have the Factory stage 1 download installed?
The Vigilante will copy and save whatever "tune" stock or otherwise is in the bike now and then replace it with a file that Superchips created for the combination.

All tuners that work in this manner operated the same.

Old 09-24-2014, 02:00 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,722 Likes on 1,547 Posts

Totally wish had gotten in on the free deal. lol. My PCV just died!

Oh well... looks like a great product. Nice website too.

Hope more of the reviewers follow-up on this thread.

Old 09-24-2014, 02:15 PM
hogcowboy
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

That's the one question I got a direct answer from SuperChips on. The Stage 1 from Harley is considered a stock flash. As is any Harley coded flash but there would be no reason to go backwards from a Stage 2. What they are warning of is if you have a flash from some other vender. In that case you would get an error.

Since I didn't have that condition I didn't pay that much attention but I think you would still be able to continue but you would not have your previous tune as backup. Wasn't clear if you would then be forced to stay with the Superchip Stage 1 or if you could load the from factory default back that might be stored as a default in the Vigilanty and have to buy from your dealer another Stage 1 flash if you didn't like the SuperChip Stage 1.

Old 09-24-2014, 02:41 PM
DaddyKnuck
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,658 Likes on 943 Posts

If you have 2 bikes do you need a separate tuner for each?

Old 09-24-2014, 03:05 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 167 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by DaddyKnuck
If you have 2 bikes do you need a separate tuner for each?

Yes and No.

You can use the tuner on both bikes, but the tuner will only tune one bike at a time. One bike would have the Vigilante tune in it then you would flash it back to stock, then you could take the same tuner and flash the next bike.

Hope that clears it up.

Old 09-24-2014, 03:31 PM
DaddyKnuck
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,658 Likes on 943 Posts

Originally Posted by craigffb
Yes and No.

You can use the tuner on both bikes, but the tuner will only tune one bike at a time. One bike would have the Vigilante tune in it then you would flash it back to stock, then you could take the same tuner and flash the next bike.

Hope that clears it up.
Thanks for the info.

Quick Reply: **Superchips Vigilante EZ Review**