Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**Superchips Vigilante EZ Review**

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 12:27 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 167 Likes on 132 Posts

Well I've been running the Vigilante for almost a month now. As far as I can tell it's about on par with my old tuner. I'd give it a better rating just for the fact that it's a code reader and doesn't stay on the bike. But other than that it didn't make a huge difference. On my Dyna completely different story....huge improvement.

Old 10-13-2014, 12:30 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member

There is a new update. Data Base Update #5. Which is good news cause it means they are still adding tunes. I've had mine for a little less then a month so if you haven't update in the last week or so I'd say check SPARK.

I'd also like for guys to list what exhaust you are running and what tune you loaded.

The tune number can be found in: Vehicle Information off the Tuner Settings or main page.

Exhaust: V&H Power Dual
Tuning: 33217-11B

This might help guys whose exact exhaust is not listed when they are trying to determine which tune to try.

Old 10-13-2014, 12:43 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,364 Likes on 2,619 Posts

I'm sure its a fine product, just being a devils advocate here...

For $100 less, you can get the Fuel Moto Microtuner, which accepts Power Commander maps, and you can get them for free (lifetime) from Fuel Moto.

Downside is that it stays on the bike, one more thing to fail.

Discuss.....

Old 10-13-2014, 12:48 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Keithhu
I'm sure its a fine product, just being a devils advocate here...

For $100 less, you can get the Fuel Moto Microtuner, which accepts Power Commander maps, and you can get them for free (lifetime) from Fuel Moto.

Downside is that it stays on the bike, one more thing to fail.

Discuss.....

Yeah the whole staying on the bike thing is the killer. Plus the Superchip product can read and clear DTC...very useful to the do it yourself-er and can now calibrate speedo (I just need to figure that part out).

Old 10-21-2014, 11:04 AM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member

From Superchips:

Superchips is pleased to announce coverage for 2014 HD Touring bikes on the Vigilante EZ (PN# 5842). The latest software update is available. New calibrations for 2014 Harley Davidson Touring models include tunes for high flow intakes and the following exhaust styles: 2-Into-1, Duals, Header, Slip-Ons, and Stock.

Vigilante EZ delivers calibrations tailored for your bike's exhaust and intake configuration. You can use the EZ to select and install tuning files directly to your fuel-injected Harley. Superchips' cutting edge technology, partnered with their rich tuning history, supplies the performance you need as you ride. Eliminate deceleration pop, reduce running temperatures, and experience better acceleration. No more lean, just mean! Learn more about our Vigilante product line for Harley-Davidson.

Old 11-01-2014, 07:53 AM
twhiteside
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I picked up the Vigilante EZ back when they had the special and have had my 2010 Road King "tuned" for about a month. I really wasn't sure what Exhaust options to pick so I called SuperChips support for guidance.

Tuner Information:
HD Tuner 5841 V1.04
HD Cal DB V013
HD Stock DB V006

Bike Mods:
Rush 7017 Headers w/Rush Slip Mufflers
SE Stage 1 Air Cleaner

For Programming (at Superchips Recommendation) I chose:
Aftermarket Exhaust
Headers
Intake
SE Stage 1
Program/Tune: SC009005

The bike does seem to run good with no decal popping or backfire.

Old 09-14-2015, 02:17 AM
georgewerr
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

went to Superchip web site and this product is not listed there, then I went to JP cycles web site and they show this product as closeout with one left. Sounds to me that they no longer make this tuner for Harley.

EDIT: I just read in another thread that the Harley tuner is still made but transferred to a different division of the same company.

http://accel-motorcycle.com/motorcyl...upertuner.html

Last edited by georgewerr; 09-14-2015 at 02:26 AM.
Old 09-14-2015, 05:57 AM
YouCanCallMeAl
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by georgewerr
went to Superchip web site and this product is not listed there, then I went to JP cycles web site and they show this product as closeout with one left. Sounds to me that they no longer make this tuner for Harley.

EDIT: I just read in another thread that the Harley tuner is still made but transferred to a different division of the same company.

http://accel-motorcycle.com/motorcyl...upertuner.html
I found this on the Superchip website.http://www.vehicleprogrammers.com/su...vigilante.html
$150 a year ago to $275 today.

Old 09-16-2015, 02:17 PM
Nitro 54
Road Master
Received 81 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by YouCanCallMeAl
I found this on the Superchip website.http://www.vehicleprogrammers.com/su...vigilante.html
$150 a year ago to $275 today.
Put in HDFORUMS at checkout to see if the forum discount still works. I got mine for $162 shipped with the discount.