Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lower fairings

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 12:04 AM
gartec81
Grand HDF Member
Received 838 Likes on 370 Posts

i like my lowers, need to get my bags and lowers painted to match, but they do help in the cooler months. it did feel like i gained power once i took them off this summer. maybe its just my brain, but the bike felt more nimble without them.

i am looking forward to speakers in them

Old 09-22-2014, 05:57 AM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 820 Likes on 527 Posts

I have the older version that has no vents. I HAVE NEVER taken them off once I it them.

One thing no mentioned, they do direct fresh air directly to the motor (at least the front head) keeping it cooler in the warmer months.

I feel they complete the look of any ride.

Yb

Old 09-22-2014, 07:28 AM
jmcdermit
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I added them to my 14 Street Glide for looks and to keep my pants from blowing up, and to keep dry if I am caught in the rain. I also like the way they make the bike look longer and lower, kind of dresses it up like a low rider cars fender skirts or something. The glove boxes are an excellent place to keep my glasses and registration. I took mine off once this summer thinking it may make my ride a little cooler. They were off for two days before they went back on the bike! I ride to work in 70 degree weather with the vents open, and on my way home at 11 o'clock at night I can close the vents when it is only 50-55 degrees out.

Old 09-22-2014, 09:31 AM
E8USMCRET
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 20,250 Likes on 6,546 Posts

I've been using the leather ones from Chilhowee,com in the colder months and have had no issues with them at all. Eventually, I might go with hard lowers but for now it's leather.

Old 09-22-2014, 09:32 AM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I ride to work in 70 degree weather with the vents open, and on my way home at 11 o'clock at night I can close the vents when it is only 50-55 degrees out.
Same here except the exact opposite, ride to work in the morning sometimes down into the teens and home in the afternoon in the 70s. I definately notice when I forget to close them up for the morning ride

Old 09-22-2014, 09:37 AM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 25 Posts

I had them on my '06 SG, never took them off until I sold the bike. I then installed them on my '10 EG classic. The EG runs hotter because of the CAT so I remove them during the hot months and put them back on in September. I like the looks of them and the convenience of the glove boxes. I also like how they keep your feet dry and your pants from flapping around!

Old 09-22-2014, 09:42 AM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 09 YELLOWBIRD
I have the older version that has no vents. I HAVE NEVER taken them off once I it them.

One thing no mentioned, they do direct fresh air directly to the motor (at least the front head) keeping it cooler in the warmer months.

I feel they complete the look of any ride.

Yb
If you are running a stock cat equipped header, they will also add about 100F to the operating temperature of the cat.........and your foot.

Old 09-22-2014, 09:47 AM
skypilot_one
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 0ldhippie
They keep your feet from blowing off the boards and make great speaker mounts.

+1 ...

Old 09-22-2014, 09:55 AM
sfcmo357
Road Warrior
Received 152 Likes on 60 Posts

I do like the look---but I'll stick with soft lowers for now. I view lowers as inclement weather gear---like my rain gear thats in my bags. If it's cold, I put them on in about 2 minutes, if there is rain in the forecast, I just throw them on. One day I may go to color matched lowers if I want a "new" looke---but my soft lowers do all I need them to do.

Old 09-22-2014, 10:00 AM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 463 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by AlaskaAviator
Having rode with and without, I think they are next to useless. ...... And they look bad too. Just my opinion.
........ step away from the pipe, sir.

Quick Reply: lower fairings