Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

We need HD forum members help!!!

Old 09-26-2014, 06:01 PM
Shark Kage
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up We need HD forum members help!!!

Dan from Shark Kage here! We want to hear from our true die-hard riders what they think about our product! We would really apprecaite if you could take our really quick survey to help us out! Please let me know if you have any question! Thanks again for all your support HD forum members!

Survey Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/sharkkage

Old 09-27-2014, 07:20 PM
GTK
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 579 Likes on 414 Posts

So you sell loading ramps.Why would die hard riders,as you call them, have a need to load their bikes on trailers or pickups? Most street riders these days have a towing service from HOG,or AMA or their Ins.Co. that will tow the bike to the repair shop.Now if they are riding a dirt bike,thats a different story but this is a touring forum.

Old 09-27-2014, 07:50 PM
OwnerOfHarriet
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

my comment in the survey was that I would not feel confident loading a 1000 bike either by riding or walking it up (under power)I like that lift they sell that you ride to the back bumper and the lift takes over --

my wife and talked about that as a way we could travel (she isn't always able to ride) and we could pull a travel or just take the truck to a destination

Old 09-27-2014, 08:25 PM
shore
Stellar HDF Member
Received 95 Likes on 69 Posts

Interesting. here's my issue. One of the most popular trucks doesn't seem to be able to use this, the F250. The tailgate inner has the step and the pole.
I have a lifted 08 and use two 16" wide 9' long folding ramps. They are heavy and a pain but to get my 4wd atv in the bed they are needed. I'd love a solution that would stop that. $400 is what I got in these stupid ramps so a better mouse trap, I'm all about.

Old 09-27-2014, 08:30 PM
Low Down
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

If you see my Road King in the back of a truck... call 911 and report it STOLEN!!!

Old 09-27-2014, 10:01 PM
RevBlk
Road Master
Received 86 Likes on 62 Posts

Us northerners quite often have to put our bikes in pickups because there's 10 ft of friggin snow up here. I use the ramp off my sled deck and load the bike. Then drive south 1600 miles and unload at just about any HD dealer so I can ride for 2 weeks in the sun belt.

Just sayin

Old 09-28-2014, 12:09 AM
GriffinDenim13FLHX
Road Warrior
Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

Seems like someone keeps posting in the touring section trying to promote his ramp. Moderators moved you the first time out of this section because you were selling your ramp in the wrong section. Now you come back asking for reviews in the same section? Good marketing skills , but applied in the wrong manner. Need to pro and cons your target audience see which out weighs the other. In my OP I think the cons in the touring section for needing the ramp are higher then the positives.

Ramps have come a long way ...

Old 09-29-2014, 01:04 AM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by GriffinDenim13FLHX
Seems like someone keeps posting in the touring section trying to promote his ramp. Moderators moved you the first time out of this section because you were selling your ramp in the wrong section. Now you come back asking for reviews in the same section? Good marketing skills , but applied in the wrong manner. Need to pro and cons your target audience see which out weighs the other. In my OP I think the cons in the touring section for needing the ramp are higher then the positives.
In the first video, looked like to me the guy just got scared and quit. No reason that I could see for him to do what he did except he just gave up.

Old 09-29-2014, 05:36 AM
nevets61
Road Master
Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

As a "die hard rider" (just got back from a 3400 mile trip from SA Texas up to Michigan and back, 7 days of riding) I have to report that I've never used a ramp to put my bike in the back of any trailer, its not a garage queen, its a Harley Davidson motorcycle, designed to be ridden and enjoyed. But for those that have turned their bikes into a piece of art that can no longer be ridden more than 10 miles I'm sure that ramp system will suffice.

Old 09-29-2014, 05:51 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,513 Likes on 6,270 Posts

Originally Posted by nevets61
As a "die hard rider" (just got back from a 3400 mile trip from SA Texas up to Michigan and back, 7 days of riding) I have to report that I've never used a ramp to put my bike in the back of any trailer, its not a garage queen, its a Harley Davidson motorcycle, designed to be ridden and enjoyed. But for those that have turned their bikes into a piece of art that can no longer be ridden more than 10 miles I'm sure that ramp system will suffice.
I don't trailer my bike, but when I rerire it would be nice to transport my bike south in the Winter. What part of that is hard to understand? Or some of us live far away from dealers, and may need to transport for repairs.

If you do your trip up to MI in January, I think you would understand.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: We need HD forum members help!!!