Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

jackpot 2 1 2 head pipe on 14 street glide

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 12:23 PM
UUNetBill
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 417 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by Lowcountry Joe
You will also be impressed at how light it is. The more un-sprung weight you can remove from the bike, the better.
Nitnoid alert: Technically, the exhaust is sprung weight. Wheels, rotors, tires, etc - those are unsprung.

I'll go back to my coloring books now, sorry.

Old 09-29-2014, 02:23 PM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by UUNetBill
Nitnoid alert: Technically, the exhaust is sprung weight. Wheels, rotors, tires, etc - those are unsprung.

I'll go back to my coloring books now, sorry.
You are exactly right. I was typing faster than I was thinking!

Old 09-29-2014, 03:31 PM
hemi1300
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Can't wait, ordered the stainless ceramic today and supposed to ship out in about a week. Anything to be careful of installing it or is it straight forward and easy?

Old 09-29-2014, 04:20 PM
Callgood
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just installed the 2-1-2 SPC ceramic coated header and 4in muffs along with AC and powervision a couple of weeks ago. It sounds great, but I think a little loud for longer trips. But the beauty of the JP muffs is you have baffle choice. I installed the quiet baffle Fri and I think that will be perfect. I haven't tried the quiet insert yet and not sure if I will. I have it in the bag in case.

Install was pretty easy. If you have a lift/table and the right tools it is pretty easy. Biggest problem was getting the crossover all the way on the header without messing up gasket, getting the muffs even with bags and getting a socket on the L front header bolt. Other that that, no problem. And the Powervision is awesome.

Old 09-29-2014, 06:39 PM
hemi1300
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I already have the jackpot slash down dyno slip ons and just installed competition baffles and have a feeling they may be a bit too loud with the header, may have to re install the original baffles if the comps are too loud after I get the header installed

Old 10-01-2014, 07:33 AM
GlidingJoe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 330 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by Callgood
I just installed the 2-1-2 SPC ceramic coated header and 4in muffs along with AC and powervision a couple of weeks ago. It sounds great, but I think a little loud for longer trips. But the beauty of the JP muffs is you have baffle choice. I installed the quiet baffle Fri and I think that will be perfect. I haven't tried the quiet insert yet and not sure if I will. I have it in the bag in case.

Install was pretty easy. If you have a lift/table and the right tools it is pretty easy. Biggest problem was getting the crossover all the way on the header without messing up gasket, getting the muffs even with bags and getting a socket on the L front header bolt. Other that that, no problem. And the Powervision is awesome.
Just letting you know the the "Quiet Insert" for the baffle is not designed to run long term, it is truly only for short trips such as a morning commute to work and not waking the neighbors as you ride out. Thats what FM sahred with me when discussing the baffles

Old 04-01-2015, 12:05 PM
rugglesxx
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about 2 1 2 SPC ceramic coating

Hi

Thinking of getting the 2 1 2 Steel SPC head pipe for my 2015 Street Glide (along with air cleaner and 4" Jackpot mufflers and a PV tune) from Fuel Moto. Got a couple of questions - how do you clean the ceramic coating and how does it resist rain and road debris. I'm interested to know what the finish will look like after a few thousand miles of mixed weather, particularly as I'm in the UK with plenty of rain!

Cheers

John

Old 04-01-2015, 03:44 PM
jluda
Novice

I have the ceramic coated header with the black jackpot mufflers, also have the screaming eagle stage 1 a/c with screaming eagle race tuner.. I love the sound of the exhaust, It is deep and throaty and not obnoxious at all.. If i hammer on the throttle then the exhaust is nice and loud! Cant go wrong with Jackpots! excellent customer service too!

Old 04-01-2015, 03:47 PM
jluda
Novice

Originally Posted by rugglesxx
Hi

Thinking of getting the 2 1 2 Steel SPC head pipe for my 2015 Street Glide (along with air cleaner and 4" Jackpot mufflers and a PV tune) from Fuel Moto. Got a couple of questions - how do you clean the ceramic coating and how does it resist rain and road debris. I'm interested to know what the finish will look like after a few thousand miles of mixed weather, particularly as I'm in the UK with plenty of rain!

Cheers

John
The stock heat shields fit over the header, so just clean the heat shields like normal

Old 04-02-2015, 02:38 AM
rugglesxx
Intermediate

Many thanks jluda - will certainly order from Fuel Moto.

Quick Reply: jackpot 2 1 2 head pipe on 14 street glide