Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ideas for rooms around Sturgis in 2015?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 10:45 PM
Lentini93
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 2 weeks reserved for 2500 in rapid at best western....

Old 09-29-2014, 10:51 PM
Stone1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should be able to find a nice hotel in Rapid City which is then a easy drive to Sturgis. The down side is the price some or maybe even all the hotels are charging for 2015. We stayed at a very nice chain hotel in Rapid for the 2014 Rally for $139. a night but they set there rate for 2015 at $419. a night for 2015, (we won't be staying there!). You will have to call the hotels direct to get a room price but there are a lot of nice hotels to choose from in Rapid City so just do a internet search and start calling.

Keystone, Presidents View, has offered decent rates in the past years but they usually do not send out a flyer until January.

Old 09-30-2014, 09:59 AM
son of the hounds
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,515 Likes on 1,302 Posts

There are good local deals, basements with beds and showers in the area. You have to shop around to find them. Mine is booked a year in advance, sleeps up to 4, One queen and 2 twins, has a great bathroom, But find one this week, for half the remaining places left will be gone this week, then half of those remaining gone next week. I figure if we decide not to go that either my landlord or I could find a late louie to take the beds,

Just this weekend on a ride I got a lead on a new pole barn with a clean work room, shower and bathrooms and cots for up to 6. My friends are going to take it. It is 20-25 minutes out of town. No Kitchen, but a hot plate, small micro and a beer fridge. I tried the forum several years ago to get leads, but you will end up finding your own through posting on craigs list or calling the chambers of the local towns. That is how I found my place. I talked with someone local and they knew a bunch of people to call who were looking to make a modest amount of money for a few rooms for a couple of weeks a year.

Old 09-30-2014, 11:00 AM
Mr. Neptune
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Whole crap Batman...........So I got on to Craigslist to see what was available and the prices to stay a week are crazy. I was thinking of going to Sturgis for my first time in 2015 but it being the 75th Anniversary I think is driving up prices. I think maybe the 76th will be just as good..........lol

Old 09-30-2014, 01:28 PM
bobros
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Neptune
Whole crap Batman...........So I got on to Craigslist to see what was available and the prices to stay a week are crazy. I was thinking of going to Sturgis for my first time in 2015 but it being the 75th Anniversary I think is driving up prices. I think maybe the 76th will be just as good..........lol
You must go on the 75th Annv. They will be changing the scenery the following year. Mt Rushmore will only have 3 faces, the Badlands will be bulldozed, and the buffalo will be replaced with pink lawn flamingos.

Old 09-30-2014, 02:40 PM
son of the hounds
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,515 Likes on 1,302 Posts

Originally Posted by bobros
You must go on the 75th Annv. They will be changing the scenery the following year. Mt Rushmore will only have 3 faces, the Badlands will be bulldozed, and the buffalo will be replaced with pink lawn flamingos.
And is it true that in 2016 needles will become a 4 lane, spearfish canyon will become Spearfish lake and they will mine the iron from Iron mountain. Crazy Horse will be finished, but taken over by a Chinese construction firm the features will be very different. I like the new gondola idea that will whisk you to the top of Devils Tower for a 360 degree view and a $ 40.00 burger.

With all the changes slated for 2016, the 2015 75th with just a few extra 50,000 bikes or so will be a piece of pie.Go early, stay long just think of the big name concerts at the chip who will be back. There is only one 75th Anniversary. Maybe they will get Guy Lombardo back to sing "Sturgis Wonderland", and Paul Whiteman can be raised from the dead to sing "Smoke from burning tires gets in your eyes". All gas stations for 50 miles will honor 75 year old gas prices, $ 0.10 a gallon.

Go, it will cost more, but there are far better ways to save your money. This will be like Hailey's comet, once in a lifetime event..oh, wait a minute, bad example, that was a dud.

Old 09-30-2014, 03:38 PM
Mr. Neptune
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You all have shown me the light, I will be there to watch Elvis step out of the alien spaceship that has been hiding him this whole time.........You think he knows his little girl married Michael Jackson?

Old 09-30-2014, 03:51 PM
Car Doc
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Best Western in Sturgis is booked already we stayed there last week. I asked anyway about rally week rooms fwtw they were 399 a nite for 2015 for 2 occupants up to 2 more per room @ 25 each so for 4 people it would be 450.

Not out of line considering hotel prices and they had excellent free breakfast on site bar and grill when we were there and nice clean rooms. I don't know about rally week Id sure ask if getting 2016 reservations, we would stay there again in a heatbeat. hth

Last edited by Car Doc; 09-30-2014 at 03:57 PM.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:07 PM
Just Me
Road Warrior
Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Car Doc
Best Western in Sturgis is booked already we stayed there last week. I asked anyway about rally week rooms fwtw they were 399 a nite for 2015 for 2 occupants up to 2 more per room @ 25 each so for 4 people it would be 450.

Not out of line considering hotel prices and they had excellent free breakfast on site bar and grill when we were there and nice clean rooms. I don't know about rally week Id sure ask if getting 2016 reservations, we would stay there again in a heatbeat. hth
Not out of line???? You must be some little rich boy! Does that come with a hooker and 24 hr. massages?
As long as jerks are willing to pay it they will charge it.
Question, many say they are going out to see the surrounding sites so why go out when this B.S. is going on?

Old 10-01-2014, 04:36 AM
Crex39
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

If you are coming from the east, try some hotels in Toledo, Ohio, From the west there are still some rooms in Tacoma Washington.

Quick Reply: Ideas for rooms around Sturgis in 2015?