Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ideas for rooms around Sturgis in 2015?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 07:18 AM
EasTexUltra12
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Car Doc
Best Western in Sturgis is booked already we stayed there last week. I asked anyway about rally week rooms fwtw they were 399 a nite for 2015 for 2 occupants up to 2 more per room @ 25 each so for 4 people it would be 450.

Not out of line considering hotel prices and they had excellent free breakfast on site bar and grill when we were there and nice clean rooms. I don't know about rally week Id sure ask if getting 2016 reservations, we would stay there again in a heatbeat. hth
"Not out of line"? Maybe for your wallet.

Thanks for all the replies. I spent all morning yesterday online and calling everywhere from Rapid City to Hill City. I only found a couple and they were hundreds of dollars a night. I'll pass.

David

Old 10-01-2014, 08:53 AM
Car Doc
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Just Me
Not out of line???? You must be some little rich boy! Does that come with a hooker and 24 hr. massages?
As long as jerks are willing to pay it they will charge it.
Question, many say they are going out to see the surrounding sites so why go out when this B.S. is going on?

You guys must not travel much? Motels are expensive all over and you expect to find a deal at or near the biggest motorcycle rally in the world???

Gezus dude costs there have been high since the beginning you just now figuring that out lmao!

Buddy in that case why don't you just stay home nobody likes crybaby's that cant handle life you might think about getting one.

Old 10-01-2014, 10:06 AM
Hozzie
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just booked Friday and Saturday night at the Hampton Inn in Spearfish. Luckily, I had points to use or it would have been $489 a night. Never been and not sure I will actually be able to go 100%, but at least I have a room if I do. If not, someone will get lucky that a room will open up closer to the rally next year.

Last edited by Hozzie; 10-01-2014 at 10:08 AM.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:03 AM
Car Doc
Road Master

Originally Posted by EasTexUltra12
"Not out of line"? Maybe for your wallet.

Thanks for all the replies. I spent all morning yesterday online and calling everywhere from Rapid City to Hill City. I only found a couple and they were hundreds of dollars a night. I'll pass.

David

Welcome.

Or... you can stay at the Chip for 60 bucks a nite pay 7 bucks for a shower and a 4oz cup of coffee and listen to yahoos bounce their rev limiters all nite and get soaked with rain and hail everynite that is after all the idea of the Sturgis adventure for the real bikers.

Old 10-01-2014, 11:17 AM
From_Behind
Club Member

Received 893 Likes on 513 Posts

You guys must not travel much? Motels are expensive all over and you expect to find a deal at or near the biggest motorcycle rally in the world???

Man, my best friend is so tight that he thinks $6 for a sandwich is Highway robbery. LMAO!

Old 10-01-2014, 02:42 PM
Car Doc
Road Master

Originally Posted by From_Behind
Man, my best friend is so tight that he thinks $6 for a sandwich is Highway robbery. LMAO!

Yea hear that haha I feel the same way about 6 dollar beers! Hey its just part of it we don't do this stuff year around enjoy it while you can we are not getting any younger right!

Old 10-01-2014, 04:01 PM
Just Me
Road Warrior
Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

Gezus dude costs there have been high since the beginning you just now figuring that out lmao!

Buddy in that case why don't you just stay home nobody likes crybaby's that cant handle life you might think about getting one.
Typical talk from someone who lives with his credit card in his hand!
I for one will never bend over and take that kind of abuse yes, abuse.

Old 10-01-2014, 07:03 PM
PoconoPA
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are pulling into town mid-week. 1 night in Rapid City hotel and then spending the rest of our time at the Deadwood KOA.

Most of the KOAs have opened up reservations, but I know there are 3 in the area you could try: Mt. Rushmore (ok, a bit of a drive), Rapid City and Spearfish. And Deadwood, obviously. We always have good luck at KOA's.

Good luck.

Old 10-01-2014, 07:13 PM
Greg2012FLHTK
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

A deluxe KOA Kamp Kabin in the KOA in Hill City. 2 bedrooms full bath and kitchen.

Old 10-01-2014, 07:43 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 701 Likes on 349 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg2012FLHTK
A deluxe KOA Kamp Kabin in the KOA in Hill City. 2 bedrooms full bath and kitchen.
We stayed in one of the deluxe cabins this year. It was very nice, looked almost brand new.

Quick Reply: Ideas for rooms around Sturgis in 2015?