Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

competition baffles

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 01:16 PM
utz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default competition baffles

just ordered these for my 4" jackpots do I need to remove the pipe to install?

Old 09-30-2014, 02:30 PM
Bohacker
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just curious why the baffle change? Looking for a bit more sound?

Old 09-30-2014, 02:54 PM
utz
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bohacker
Just curious why the baffle change? Looking for a bit more sound?
yes sir

Old 09-30-2014, 03:02 PM
Bohacker
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd just call Fuel Moto but I doubt you have to remove the mufflers.

Old 09-30-2014, 11:17 PM
NoCoLoco
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's a tight fit, I had to knock the standard baffles out from the front end of the muffler. Don't forget to remove the hardware that holds the baffle in place haha!

Old 10-01-2014, 05:46 AM
hemi1300
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Just installed the comp baffles a few weeks ago in my jackpot's and install took only a few minutes. Didn't have to remove the muffler, was able to reach in the muffler with a pair of pliers and pull out the baffle. The packing stayed stuck in the pipe though, so I had to reach my hand in and pull out the packing. Comp baffles sound good and a bit louder but I still wanted more sound and performance so I just placed an order this week for the jackpot ceramic head pipe, that should definitely make them louder

Old 10-01-2014, 09:21 AM
utz
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by hemi1300
Just installed the comp baffles a few weeks ago in my jackpot's and install took only a few minutes. Didn't have to remove the muffler, was able to reach in the muffler with a pair of pliers and pull out the baffle. The packing stayed stuck in the pipe though, so I had to reach my hand in and pull out the packing. Comp baffles sound good and a bit louder but I still wanted more sound and performance so I just placed an order this week for the jackpot ceramic head pipe, that should definitely make them louder
thanks

Old 10-01-2014, 04:40 PM
Junior in NE
Road Master
Received 695 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by hemi1300

It was the same for me. The only thing that gave me any trouble was lining up the holes to put the screws back in. Probably took an hour and a couple beers. lol I have VH true dual header, cams and intake, and to me its pretty loud. But I like it. They do have a lot of cackle on decel though.

Old 10-01-2014, 06:42 PM
NoCoLoco
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NoCoLoco
It's a tight fit, I had to knock the standard baffles out from the front end of the muffler. Don't forget to remove the hardware that holds the baffle in place haha!
I forgot to mention that I have the 3.5" mufflers which is probably why the baffles didn't want to come out very easily.

Old 10-02-2014, 03:51 PM
utz
Outstanding HDF Member

install was easy no need to take pipe of they came right out!!!!! I did take all the backing off the new ones sounds great allot louder....

Quick Reply: competition baffles